Ooltewah vs. Farragut

ImaOWL

Oh well, everyone has the right to be wrong in this country. I guess you are just exercising that right. That's my opinion ! Farragut missed out on plenty of good scoring opportunities against Ooltewah in the 1st half, just like Ooltewah missed several chances to stop Farragut on defense in the second half by letting our QB escape and throw deep. Each team had their chances to win or pull away and missed them. That made it a close game between two even teams. With both at full strength, I think if they played 10 times each would win five times by a touchdown or less. As for not being able to stop Ooltewah, well, Farragut's defense has really improved since the last time they faced Ooltewah. Farragut has only given up 19 pts. in the last 4 games including the two playoff games and 6 of those pts came on a fluke last play of the game against Oak Ridge when the game was already over. I'm not saying that well shut town Ooltewah totally, just that our defense is playing much better now, and will be a very tough test this time around for the Owls.

Okay

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning by 2 TD's I consider to be a blowout and not a close competitive game. Predicting a 2 TD margin is pretty arrogant and showing a lack of respect for Farragut in my opinion given that the first game was a mere 2 pt win for Ooltewah @ Ooltewah in which both teams had plenty of chances to win that game. Additionally, you can add the equal strength evidence of the scores against multiple common opponents, with each team pretty much winning with the same showing of relative strength (margins of victory) in the Region. You and your fellow Hootervillians can have your arrogant opinions all you want, but the evidence of the season thus far doesn't support those opinions in any way shape or form.

I don't think you understand why we are picking it to be a blowout. Its not becuase we don't have any respect for Farragut, or we think they are a bad team, Ooltewah is just that good. I said it earlier, Ooltewah was 2 TD's better than them last time they played. Farragut converted several 4th downs, and quite a few 3rd and longs with some great plays by thier QB to make it close. He is gone now. Don't expect to see the Owls D give up those big plays again.

Do you remember the play were Sanders had a tailor made sack and just missed then the QB threw that really long pass for what I think was a TD in the 4th quarter? If Sanders makes that tackle, Farragut would have to punt it back to Ooltewah who already had a 14 point lead or so. The score could have very easily of looked like a blowout if he makes that one tackle. Yes, I know he didn't, just saying. Even though it turned out to be a 2 point game, the game was never really in doubt. Ooltewah rolls.

Ooltewah - 31

Farragut - 10

Does everyone see what I'm doing here?

Acting like a typical Farragut fan, and it's clearly making everyone mad.

The whole thing has worked perfectly. I hate Farragut so much because of their general "We have more wins in our history than you so we must be better right now" attitude. THEY'RE DOING IT IN THIS TOPIC FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

I hate Farragut soooooooo much because of this, and since we have the superior team THIS YEAR, and since their QB is hurt RIGHT NOW, and since we've been capable of stopping the running back THIS SEASON, we're going to win.

And just in case you guys didn't realize this, holding Sterling under 100 yards would be phenomenal. All it will take TO WIN however will be holding him under 150 yards, barring freak turnovers. Sterling is their offense in this game. So don't use that excuse that we didn't stop him after we win this game. We don't need to hold him under 100.

Edited by Owlbino

wow owlbino. get over urself. Rigger is the only person on here and anywhere that ive ever heard that thinks Farragut is better right now because they have done good in the past. almost every thread he brings it up. u know for a fact Owlbino that u really think everything u said and that u werent being a "typical" Farragut fan. ur just trying to take the easy way out and act like this was the plan the whole time. we all know it wasnt.

Andre is soo much better than Marshall.. Brian couldnt carry Andre's jockstrap.

ahaha u see what i did there. i was a typical Ooltewah fan who thinks all the players on his team are btter than everyone else for everyother team. that was a good one wasnt it.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

I don't think you understand why we are picking it to be a blowout. Its not becuase we don't have any respect for Farragut, or we think they are a bad team, Ooltewah is just that good. I said it earlier, Ooltewah was 2 TD's better than them last time they played. Farragut converted several 4th downs, and quite a few 3rd and longs with some great plays by thier QB to make it close. He is gone now. Don't expect to see the Owls D give up those big plays again.

Do you remember the play were Sanders had a tailor made sack and just missed then the QB threw that really long pass for what I think was a TD in the 4th quarter? If Sanders makes that tackle, Farragut would have to punt it back to Ooltewah who already had a 14 point lead or so. The score could have very easily of looked like a blowout if he makes that one tackle. Yes, I know he didn't, just saying. Even though it turned out to be a 2 point game, the game was never really in doubt. Ooltewah rolls.

Ooltewah - 31

Farragut - 10

Would of, should of, could of. Ifs and buts ..... I can play the same game. Farragut missed several opportunities to score deep in Ooltewah territory in the first half that would have given them a big lead going into the second half. When you consider this combined with Ooltewah's missed chances on defense it very much evens out. Both teams had plenty of missed opportunities as well as plays that they made. The result was an extremely even match up and a 2 pt. victory for the Owls at home. I totally disagree that the game was never in doubt. Ooltewah did not roll and they won't roll this week either. There is nothing in that game in its ENTIRETY nor in the season and strength displayed against common opponents that back up your opinion. In fact, if you want to know the truth, we displayed a little be better strength against common opponents than you did. Not much but a little. With both teams healthy and at full strength, there is not a hair's difference between the two. Ooltewah is good but not as good as you are making them out to be. Ooltewah is certainly not better than a full strength Farragut, PERIOD !

i saw the owls get em again but close im lookin for one of the two teams to go all the way

Well I agree that the Owls will probably win a very tight game due to the home field advantage and Farragut not having its starting QB, however, I think the winner of this game goes on to get drubbed next week by a very strong Riverdale squad. I don't think anybody will come close to beating Riverdale in 5A this year.

wow owlbino. get over urself. Rigger is the only person on here and anywhere that ive ever heard that thinks Farragut is better right now because they have done good in the past. almost every thread he brings it up. u know for a fact Owlbino that u really think everything u said and that u werent being a "typical" Farragut fan. ur just trying to take the easy way out and act like this was the plan the whole time. we all know it wasnt.

ahaha u see what i did there. i was a typical Ooltewah fan who thinks all the players on his team are btter than everyone else for everyother team. that was a good one wasnt it.

Great post ! Owlbino, otherwise known as our resident imbecilic feathered fruitcake, is totally full of himself and full of something else too, if you know what I mean !!!

Would of, should of, could of. Ifs and buts ..... I can play the same game. Farragut missed several opportunities to score deep in Ooltewah territory in the first half that would have given them a big lead going into the second half. When you consider this combined with Ooltewah's missed chances on defense it very much evens out. Both teams had plenty of missed opportunities as well as plays that they made. The result was an extremely even match up and a 2 pt. victory for the Owls at home. I totally disagree that the game was never in doubt. Ooltewah did not roll and they won't roll this week either. There is nothing in that game in its ENTIRETY nor in the season and strength displayed against common opponents that back up your opinion. In fact, if you want to know the truth, we displayed a little be better strength against common opponents than you did. Not much but a little. With both teams healthy and at full strength, there is not a hair's difference between the two. Ooltewah is good but not as good as you are making them out to be. Ooltewah is certainly not better than a full strength Farragut, PERIOD !

Was Farragut not full strength week 8? Ooltewah is 12-0 Farragut is 9-3... How is Farragut better?

A typical Farragut fan is irrational, arrogant, and incorrect all the time. I guess I'm still being one!

Maybe I should switch teams.

My plan was to be whiny, arrogant, and unreasonable. I feel I've done exactly that. Ooltewah is so much better it just hurts me.

And if you would also take out that pointless part about Marshall V. Sterling. If you weren't paying attention, the only thing I've said in that topic is how much Yards Per Carry Brian had, before I knew Andre's , and how I think that is probably the deciding factor.