Ooltewah vs. Farragut

ImaOWL

Ooltewah has a new school coming to the area soon too..

And the only reason Ooltewah has any room to be "arrogant" coming into the Farragut game Friday is because the Owls are 12-0 This Football Season..(Nothing in the prior years matters Friday Night) And they already own a victory of Farragut this year when they had their starting QB. Now he is gone, so you can see why most Ooltewah fans see that the win is only a grasp away.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you are back. Did you ever get a chance to look at the link I suggested?

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/

Sarge, I don't have anything any further back than what's listed there. I always gave the coaches what I had after the season was over. I know that the TFP keeps that stuff on file, but I don't even know how far back they go.

For whatever you think it's worth, just going by what you find on the various ranking services of strength of schedule here is how they compare:

Coach T Sched. Rankings

Farragut 26

Ooltewah 43

Massey Sched. Rankings

Farragut 7

Ooltewah 28

The Sports Report (Memphis) Sched. Rankings

Farragut 2

Ooltewah 8

I think the ranking services consider Central, Powell and Bearden to collectively be a much stronger group then Cookville, Chatt. Central, and Rhea Co. even though Central and Powell are 4A teams. They may be 4A but they are in the toughest 4A Region and were still playoff teams.

FHS Admiral, I'm a pretty reasonable and objective CoachT poster as of late. After I graduated high school I spent most of my CoachT time just reading, not posting. But your arguments aren't even worth reading anymore..that's why I'm replying to this post on Page 7 out of about 10.

Above you said, "For whatever you think it's worth"....it's not worth anything at this point in the season. Farragut and Ooltewah are just about as evenly matched as it gets in high school football. Ooltewah gets a small advantage because of being able to host this game, however I know Farragut fans will travel well.

Do yourself (and me) a favor and quit trying to argue with some of these Owl fans. There are just as many arrogant and ignorant Admiral fans as there are Owl fans. This is CoachT....people are supposed to be biased and homers! You're just showing that it's actually getting to you!

So Farragut has a few more playoff appearances.....last time I checked, you got the same ring for losing in the semi-finals as you do not even making the playoffs!

Go Owls!

Grad

All of these predictions of a 2 touchdown or greater victory this week, as well as several of the guarantees of victory by a couple of the Hooterville folks on this board, when there is no logical basis for thinking such things based on what we've seen in the season thus far, is just a total disrespect and slight to Farragut. It's cocky and I for one despise arrogance will never let blatent unjustified arrogance go unchallenged without shining a little truth on it.

Ok, so I couldn't resist....dude, chill out...it's not being cocky...if it were players, then it would be cocky...you're dealing with fans, most of whom are only trying to tick you off! Congrats fellow Owl fans! You've gotten FHS Admiral's panties in a wad!

Wow !!! Man, did you just sum things up beautifully or what. You just got to the heart of everything I've been trying to say in this thread. I agree with every single thing you said 1000%. And you did a much better job than me in saying it ! I'll leave things alone now. Good luck to both teams. I hope it is a classic of a high school football game this Friday no matter who wins !!!

There's no such thing as 1000%.

I don't agree. The talent pool doesn't get smaller. I actually get larger with more kids getting to play and display their skill. You just don't know how some of these kids turn out as they grow. If they don't get the chance, you'll never know.

New schools will open. Rutherford County is a prime example with the sharing of talent with Riverdale, Oakland, Siegel, Blackman, LaVergne, and Smyrna. Another example is Williamson County with Franklin, Brentwood, BA - Brentwood Academy, BGA - Battleground Academy, CPA -(Christ Presbyterian, Ensworth (just across the county line), Ravenwood, Centennial, Independence, and Page. All of these schools are relatively close.

Yeah, looking back it's been that way for years in all areas I guess. However your suppose to learn from history. And in the case of the new schools cutting into the talent pool, it's a fact and will hapen in areas that are growing. DB has kept it's program strong some how with the addition of new schools over the years.

BTW- nice to se U posting GradfromtheNest! How's little Bro liking College sports? It's a job not an adventure. Hope he's doing well.

Edited by rigger101

Yeah, looking back it's been that way for years in all areas I guess. However your suppose to learn from history. And in the case of the new schools cutting into the talent pool, it's a fact and will hapen in areas that are growing. DB has kept it's program strong some how with the addition of new schools over the years.

BTW- nice to se U posting GradfromtheNest! How's little Bro liking College sports? It's a job not an adventure. Hope he's doing well.

He's not playing college sports he's with the San Diego Padres.

I still don't know why everyone on thinks this is an even matchup. Apparently no one but Ooltewah fans saw the first game. It was all passing game. Really. Sterling was uninteresting, Farragut's offense did nothing at all during the second and third quarters, and the defense wasn't better than Ooltewah's O. They wouldn't have scored in the fourth quarter without a passing game, and that would've made it something like 24-7. Not very close.

Ooltewah got extremely lucky in this one. WB's running back got hurt, so their number one threat would've been gone, and Farragut's QB got hurt, eliminating their number one threat. Sure Andre can run all over WB, but this is a different run defense. Where can their offense come from? I don't see where.

There is...

nowai.jpg

Edited by Owlbino