AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

I never saw GV play and really don't care. I never said speed was a must have, you seem to just assume that i was saying that. I know good blocking can make up for it, look at Boyd the past few years, we rarely ever have speed. I was talking about a particular match up next year. Speed is South Pitts biggest thing this year, and Tyner always has a lot of speed, maybe you didn't know that. It will be a good speed vs speed match up. Hate to break it to ya. Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad.

Dont tell on me in here. My wife thought they were lost in the dryer. Like my socks. HEEEEEYYY click! Think she has a thing for my socks? :lol:

Just pointing out speed is all thats advertised prior to SP game. Now Temple. Wheres the rest of the teams strengths that didnt make it> I was told they were outrun. Just an observation.

As for GV making it big next year. They have the left over firepower. However firepower also has to have help from the guys replacing the seniors. Firepower is not enough. They have to have heart. Will they? Thats the big question. Im just going with wait and see. No predictions. Way to soon to find out what they have inside.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont tell on me in here. My wife thought they were lost in the dryer. Like my socks. HEEEEEYYY click! Think she has a thing for my socks? :lol:

Just pointing out speed is all thats advertised prior to SP game. Now Temple. Wheres the rest of the teams strengths that didnt make it> I was told they were outrun. Just an observation.

As for GV making it big next year. They have the left over firepower. However firepower also has to have help from the guys replacing the seniors. Firepower is not enough. They have to have heart. Will they? Thats the big question. Im just going with wait and see. No predictions. Way to soon to find out what they have inside.

haha.

Gordonsville will be my preseason #1 in 1A, not that my opinion matters that much. :P Region 4 will be very strong again next year. Friendship Christian i think will be right up there again, as well as Trousdale Co. In region 3 for next year, the only legit contender i see is South Pitt.

That would be about chin high for you wouldnt it. :thumb:

That was easier than the WC win at Cascade. :lol:

What's your problem, Greenboy? This argument doesn't even involve you. I'm beginning to think you were they runt who always stood behind the guys arguing on the play ground saying.." You don't have to take that." or "are you going to let him get away with that?".. Anything to stir the pot huh?

P.S. I'm about 6'1" and 220 so I'd say you got a pretty tall waist if it's even with my chin.

Edited by cascade11

What's your problem, Greenboy? This argument doesn't even involve you. I'm beginning to think you were they runt who always stood behind the guys arguing on the play ground saying.." You don't have to take that." or "are you going to let him get away with that?".. Anything to stir the pot huh?

P.S. I'm about 6'1" and 220 so I'd say you got a pretty tall waist if it's even with my chin.

in defence of greenman he is a pretty cool dude, met him at our game

Speed, Speed, thats all region 3 thinks of. Maybe more time should be spent on defence and offensive lines. Speed is not a must have. It helps. However good blocking can make up for it. For them who watched the senior FB for GV play, you may be suprised to know his 40 speed was maybe at best 4.7. If you watched in front of him you seen linemen running 5.0. Thats the building blocks for a balanced football team. Could he have done as well without GVs line? I dont think so. When GVs line was stopped he was stopped. Food for thought.

MO$$, you have to be realistic. We don't have much size to start with so their ain't a whole lot we can do about that. It's not like we can recruit some big linemen. You guy's are blessed with some bigger kids. We have to play with what we have and just get them as big and strong as we can. Speed is where we are blessed but as we saw this year that won't get us as far as we need to go. Hopefully some of these kids we have coming up will grow up to be big, FAST linemen.

haha.

Gordonsville will be my preseason #1 in 1A, not that my opinion matters that much. :P Region 4 will be very strong again next year. Friendship Christian i think will be right up there again, as well as Trousdale Co. In region 3 for next year, the only legit contender i see is South Pitt.

I agree that Gordonsville should be the favorite and region 3 is even weaker next year

Greenboy?.........As for the argument not involving me..........how many times have you stuck your nose in other threads? Get over it, babydoll. Im just picking at you. Thats what the wink icon means.

I bet you were the guy always bragging about how your team was going to win it all. :thumb:

You dont have to tell every one how big you are............oh..there you go again bragging about yourself. :justwrestle:

P.S. I never stood behind anyone and never will. :justwrestle: