AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordonsville should be really good. They don't lose a lot off of a team that is very good. I agree Line and QB are the strengths. That 2nd string TB looks like he can step right in without missing a step.

I agree Gordonsville should be the team to beat in Region 4 and favorites to win it all in the BORO in 2007. The bullseye will be on your boys backs in 2007 MOSSY and Croz and personally I'll be glad to get rid of it for a short while.

FWIW, in the Temple game TC simply could not throw and was one dimensional. If TC would have had the other QB who was thrown off the team I really think TC would have won.

Trousdales jr. QB that was dismissed was very one dimensional as well. I think he threw 3 int's against FC but was a definite threat running the ball as well as a good DB in their secondary. No doubt it hurt not having him against TEMPLE last week. I know their jr. high teams have been dominant for the past 2 years as well so you know they will have a say in who is 2007 champs.

I really don't much about FC seniors but losing their QB and some linemen will always have some effect. I guess I'll see more Friday.

Since everyone seems to be interested I'll digress on next years FC forecast although they still have work to do in 2006.

FC loses 10 Sr's this year. Offensively they lose TE, WR-1, QB 1, QB 2, OL. On the defense they lose MLB, DE1, DE2, S, both CB's, OLB. However, before you all start licking your chops it should be noted that next years Sr.s went 7-1 as 8th graders losing only to CPA Middle in a bowl. Next years Jr.s went 7-1 as 8th graders losing only to 5A Walter J. Baird (Lebanon) in a bowl. Next years Soph's went 7-1 losing only to 5A LaVergne Middle as 8th graders. And next years freshman went 8-0 this years as 8th graders. There will be no more of the years where the Commanders rebuild. Instead they will remain a force to contend with in REGION 4 and the 1A state playoffs. Next years OL should be the biggest FC has had in 20 years and with all 3 rb's returning look for the Commanders to have lots of O and be searching for an identity on D early in the season but DC Lowe will have them ready again come Nov 07.

. However, before you all start licking your chops it should be noted that next years Sr.s went 7-1 as 8th graders losing only to CPA Middle in a bowl. Next years Jr.s went 7-1 as 8th graders losing only to 5A Walter J. Baird (Lebanon) in a bowl. Next years Soph's went 7-1 losing only to 5A LaVergne Middle as 8th graders. And next years freshman went 8-0 this years as 8th graders. There will be no more of the years where the Commanders rebuild. Instead they will remain a force to contend with in REGION 4 and the 1A state playoffs. Next years OL should be the biggest FC has had in 20 years and with all 3 rb's returning look for the Commanders to have lots of O and be searching for an identity on D early in the season but DC Lowe will have them ready again come Nov 07.

Sounds like SP's kids for next year. In Jr High next years Seniors through Freshmen lost only 2 or 3 games in 4 years and won 2 SVC championships and were runner-ups the other two years. Next year's freshman went 9-0 this year and won the SVC Championship by beating Rhea Central. Next years Sophs were 7-1 losing only to Spring City in the SVC Championship game.

Edited by zonepirate

Trousdales jr. QB that was dismissed was very one dimensional as well. I think he threw 3 int's against FC but was a definite threat running the ball as well as a good DB in their secondary. No doubt it hurt not having him against TEMPLE last week. I know their jr. high teams have been dominant for the past 2 years as well so you know they will have a say in who is 2007 champs.

If he couldn't throw then maybe they couldn't have done any better. They really needed to be able to keep Temple from putting 8 in the box

I picked my team just like S.P. fans picked their team, Collinwood fans picked their team, Trousdale County fans picked their team.........do I need to continue??

Trust me............Collinwood fans didnt pick thier team to go all the way. You can leave us out of that equation. :unsure: We have been to the play-offs enough to know that its rediculous to go "Nameth" in 1A football.

I picked my team just like S.P. fans picked their team, Collinwood fans picked their team, Trousdale County fans picked their team.........do I need to continue??

Just because someone believes in their team doesn't make them stupid. The whole purpose for these message boards is for people to voice opinions, share information, and argue about who's team is better. Obviously every single school in the state, except for one, will prove to be wrong for thinking their team would be champion. Will you get on here and condemn everyone for believing in their school the way you have me?

The best advice I can give you is to be more concerned with yourself and less concerned with other people. Trust me on this one, your the one coming across as an toe.......not me.

I just stated the facts of what you put on here. If you can not handle that you need to get off here and I think you started the stupid stuff too. I just went along with you said there too. Open the door & I will put my "toes' in.

Geno, I thought Ditka already told you...

Temple made South Pitt a Biscuit therefore they are not going to do JACK next year....

Geno since you have soo much knowledge, tell Ditka something.....

Ditka wants to know when is the last time a team got put out in the first round and even made it to the Finals the next year.....

Ditka wants you to embrace him with this knowledge.....

Temple was put out last year in the first round and don't count them out for the finals. Trousdale will be even stronger next year. South Pittsburg will be stronger next year. Temple will be weaker next year physically but stronger next year on technique and skill.

Schedule has not been finalized but Boyd will probably be later in the season this year. Schedule should be out soon. I'm sure the new Boyd coach is working out a non-region schedule that is not so intense so thing are getting move around

I liked Boyd vs South Pitt early. Tyner vs South Pitt would be a interesting match up. Speed vs Speed.

I was told some of Boyds schedule for next year. I think non region games are South Pitt, Red Bank, CAK, Loudon, and thats all I can remember at this point.

I liked Boyd vs South Pitt early. Tyner vs South Pitt would be a interesting match up. Speed vs Speed.

I was told some of Boyds schedule for next year. I think non region games are South Pitt, Red Bank, CAK, Loudon, and thats all I can remember at this point.

Speed, Speed, thats all region 3 thinks of. Maybe more time should be spent on defence and offensive lines. Speed is not a must have. It helps. However good blocking can make up for it. For them who watched the senior FB for GV play, you may be suprised to know his 40 speed was maybe at best 4.7. If you watched in front of him you seen linemen running 5.0. Thats the building blocks for a balanced football team. Could he have done as well without GVs line? I dont think so. When GVs line was stopped he was stopped. Food for thought.

Speed, Speed, thats all region 3 thinks of. Maybe more time should be spent on defence and offensive lines. Speed is not a must have. It helps. However good blocking can make up for it. For them who watched the senior FB for GV play, you may be suprised to know his 40 speed was maybe at best 4.7. If you watched in front of him you seen linemen running 5.0. Thats the building blocks for a balanced football team. Could he have done as well without GVs line? I dont think so. When GVs line was stopped he was stopped. Food for thought.

I never saw GV play and really don't care. I never said speed was a must have, you seem to just assume that i was saying that. I know good blocking can make up for it, look at Boyd the past few years, we rarely ever have speed. I was talking about a particular match up next year. Speed is South Pitts biggest thing this year, and Tyner always has a lot of speed, maybe you didn't know that. It will be a good speed vs speed match up. Hate to break it to ya. Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad.