AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

JCS moving up.

Bruceton Central has TONS of guys back. I look for them to make a serious run.

West Carroll Loses Shea

Lake co - loses the house

McKenzie cant be near as good with all the skill guys they lose.

Union city will be improved

Fayette loses alot

Keep thinking LC lost the house. LC will be much better than anyone thinks.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCA will have a very talented bunch back...it takes a lot of talent and a little luck I realize to make it all the way...but I would say they have a real shot

Thanks Jaxman (and congratulations to the first Jackson or 8A STATE Champs!)

Of course, you and I know that it isn't about luck at all. Its about giving your best and knowing that there is nothing that God can't do :thumb:

We are losing 4 players that will be hard to replace but our Jr class is able to step up and we have some talented underclassment who should show what they are made of next year. Ya'll blazed the trail, we just have to follow.

I agree..TCA should be a strong contender next year. Heck, I thought they were this year. Being good is one thing, but you still have to catch some breaks along the way sometimes to get there. Just ask JCS...they were within one play of losing to Lake County but got a big play when it was do or die. Now look what they`ll be bringing home. :thumb:

I don't think FC makes it past G'ville next year. They will be good.

Any of you G'ville fans know if you are playing Jasper ( Marion County) in week 0? That's what was posted on another thread

I agree with zone.

And, I haven't heard anything yet about a game with Marion. I'll have to check it out.

Slick Rick says several teams could challenge next season. Slick Rick's Crusaders will not be in the running, Slick Rick's Crusaders have shot their wad this season. They have a couple of returning players, but MANY good players graduate. Friendship will be good again, Gordonsville will be very good with only 7 or 8 seniors, Trousdale will probably be back, South Pitt should be better with only 2 or 3 seniors, Hampton will be there in upper east. As far as the west, Slick Rick would hate to speculate because Slick Rick does not know for sure who has what back next season.

Slick Rick jumped on the JCS bandwagon just in time. Good call on your part.

Mount Pleasant will return Mr. Football Marco Dailey along with most all of this years starters. They just might be the most dangerous team in 1A next year. But face it folks the champion will most likely be another private school. Im not trying to drag this into debate, but just be realistic. :thumb:

Tennessean article quote:

Ten high school football teams will play for five state championships in the TSSAA Division I BlueCross Bowl this weekend in Murfreesboro.

At least one of the 2006 champions, and possibly as many as three, will be private schools. In just the second year the second year of the enrollment multiplier, private schools are still enjoying extraordinary success on the state’s athletic venues.

With six of this weekend’s 10 finalists from private schools, questions still looms as to whether the playing fields have been leveled and why private schools are so successful.

“In public schools overall there are right around 30 percent of students participating in athletics,” TSSAA Executive Director Ronnie Carter said in offering a partial explanation.

“In non-public schools that percentage is between 65-70 percent.”

Edited by GreenMan

It's early and alot can change...but based on my limited knowledge I would pick the semi on this end of the state to be MP and TCA...to win TCA has to stop the run...Dailey is for real...call him a one man show if you like but he is the best one man show in the state...to win MP must do better at stopping the pass...TCA will have a loaded WR core and a QB who is very good...it's almost 12 months away...but that is the key if these two meet based on this yrs teams...the key is who will get ready between now and then...don't know as much about the east side of the state...South Pittsburg is always strong...Trousedale County is also...I would say if Friendship Christian isn't losing too many players they will likely be in the hunt along with Jo Byrns...