AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

I figured you would have one eye on us pujo, same goes here. If we can make it that far next yr. I'll be more than happy visit some of that Mountain hospitality in Hampton. :thumb:

You would deffinately be welcome, shoot Id even feed you and show you around,some very beautiful places around this area.

Edited by pujo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Greenman. I disagree with some about the public and private deal. With the multiplier there shouldn't be much reason the larger 1A schools shouldn't compete with the privates. Yes the smaller public schools will have trouble but they should have trouble with the larger 1A schools also. I hate to say it but I believe in a lot of cases the "Private" issue is used as an excuse for not working hard enough and wanting an easier road. I'm not saying that some privates don't have some advantages but it's nothing that public schools with 350 - 400 kids shouldn't be able to overcome or at least compete with.

I agree with you and bigbigby that MP should be a good football team again this year but alot of it will depend on how much work the line, and the rest of the team puts in this summer. If they don't get stronger and faster they may be in for another heartbreak next year. I have no doubt they have the talent and size. My only questions is will they rest on their laurels because of their success or will they work even harder and try to build up the winning tradition that has been started at MP. I hope the latter.

Also "bigby" don't forget the year that DCA beat us we also beat 2 privates (CPA and FRA) before that, so we can play with these guys.

Agree with you on all these points. We all better hope our boys step it up a big notch. It just seems the best private programs always play a step faster. So our guys better work HARD and when they think its good enough,,, push themselves even HARDER. They are really close but only true devotion to workouts is going to get them there. :thumb:

Unfortunately the majority of us have already been eliminated this year. I'm just curious about who will be the favorite next year. I know teams currently still in the playoffs this year aren't interested in this topic, but it gives the rest of us something to discuss.... :thumb:

I thought going into this current season, our team's year to shine would be next year. We have a huge junior and freshman class currently.. (close to 20 in each I think). So this season was a pleasant surprise. Our current seniors took it upon themselves to push this team all year and built a solid foundation for next years team. I'm not going to make any bold predictions at this point, but I think Cascade will be tough to beat next year.

Who are some other teams you feel should be contenders next season?

Way too early for predictions! JUST GOTTA SAY GO COSBY EAGLES!!!!! Hope we have an even better 07!!!!

GV is playing Marion co. in zero week this year. Looks like a good hard start for GV. Time will tell. That gives GV a game before playing SC. Which will help us a lot against them.

Awesomeness!!! I dont know if I like week 0 tho...

I never played week 0 tho, do you know if the game will be at MC or at Gordonsville?

GV is playing Marion co. in zero week this year. Looks like a good hard start for GV. Time will tell. That gives GV a game before playing SC. Which will help us a lot against them.

Mo$$$, What does the rest of the schedule look like for next year. I haven't heard anything.

Who are we dropping, and is there any more new teams on the schedule?

Guest Shocker0

I agree they will be right back in it, they have all that talent coming in each year, but I also heard somewhere that Midway doesn't lose hardly anyone...either way I think the region championship will come down to those too and I hope Coalfield takes it. It wouldn't be any surprise I'm sure. Midway really is in Midtown isn't it? lol.