AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, only exception being after their first game with Marion Co. It's at GV this year.

yea, we have played them something like 60 years in a row now, I remember my sophomore year(2000-2001 school year) they had mad shirts showing the years we played and the results...

but I don't know what the streak is other than SC has beaten us 8 some odd years in a row. Haven't beaten SC since 1998(my 8th grade year :thumb: )

Shizzle, is Smith Co. still on G-vill's 07 schedule ?

yes, and we still take on SC in week 1, but we are just playing a week 0 this year...

Yall should have saved the time and just gone ahead and looked at last years pre-season predictions...EVERYONES SAYING THE SAME THING

and anyways, none of yall know

not really...Gordonsvlle was no ones favorite...

and I don;t know how ya'll are leaving out Friendship...

they are the best team in 1A(JCS moved up, so they step right in) and until someone in 1A beats them, they remain the best...

not really...Gordonsvlle was no ones favorite...

and I don;t know how ya'll are leaving out Friendship...

they are the best team in 1A(JCS moved up, so they step right in) and until someone in 1A beats them, they remain the best...

Do you think FCS will be as good in '07 as they were this year...I don't. Last year's preseason favorite was FCS for the following reasons:

1. People believed that TC couldn't repeat because they were losing a lot of key players.

2. FCS played TC better than anyone else and they weren't losing many players.

It turns out that that was a pretty good pick. If we use that same logic, I come up with the following:

1. JCS won't repeat because they move to 2A.

2. Fayette Academy was the only 1A team to beat JCS last year. FA loses 8 seniors (including Mr. Football Cole Trim), returns 11 juniors. That makes them a "possible favorite".

3. The next closest game JCS played was against Trinity Christian (28 to 26). TCA loses 8 seniors, returns 15 juniors. That makes them a "possible favorite".

4. Lake Co. lost to JCS by 5 but they lose 12 seniors and return only 6 juniors. I don't see them competing.

5. That leaves FCS who lost to JCS by 6. FCS loses 10 seniors and returns 7 juniors.

The oddball is Gordonsville. Gordonsville played FCS extremely close but FCS wasn't the champ. Gordonsville loses 7 seniors and returns 14 juniors. My odds-on-favorite would be Gordonsville. We all know Region 4 is the strongest. On paper, Gordonsville looks to be the strongest team in Region 4. So I say the strongest team in the strongest region is the favorite. All of the other teams that appear to be favorites have no history of being strong so it’s kind of a toss-up. All I can say is it's going to be real interesting. 1A football has gone through two major changes in its history: the move from 3 classes to 5 and the multiplier rule. The 5 classes change saw TC and SP take control early on then the privates took over. The multiplier change has produced another TC championship and another private championship. If history repeats, I see another Gordonsville/SP championship followed by another TC championship, followed by the privates taking over again errrr finding a new way to “compete”. Sorry I got of subject a little. My hope is that a public school from West Tennessee wins a championship…it’s be nearly 20 years (1989-Bruceton) since that has happened.

Do you think FCS will be as good in '07 as they were this year...I don't. Last year's preseason favorite was FCS for the following reasons:

1. People believed that TC couldn't repeat because they were losing a lot of key players.

2. FCS played TC better than anyone else and they weren't losing many players.

It turns out that that was a pretty good pick. If we use that same logic, I come up with the following:

1. JCS won't repeat because they move to 2A.

2. Fayette Academy was the only 1A team to beat JCS last year. FA loses 8 seniors (including Mr. Football Cole Trim), returns 11 juniors. That makes them a "possible favorite".

3. The next closest game JCS played was against Trinity Christian (28 to 26). TCA loses 8 seniors, returns 15 juniors. That makes them a "possible favorite".

4. Lake Co. lost to JCS by 5 but they lose 12 seniors and return only 6 juniors. I don't see them competing.

5. That leaves FCS who lost to JCS by 6. FCS loses 10 seniors and returns 7 juniors.

The oddball is Gordonsville. Gordonsville played FCS extremely close but FCS wasn't the champ. Gordonsville loses 7 seniors and returns 14 juniors. My odds-on-favorite would be Gordonsville. We all know Region 4 is the strongest. On paper, Gordonsville looks to be the strongest team in Region 4. So I say the strongest team in the strongest region is the favorite. All of the other teams that appear to be favorites have no history of being strong so it’s kind of a toss-up. All I can say is it's going to be real interesting. 1A football has gone through two major changes in its history: the move from 3 classes to 5 and the multiplier rule. The 5 classes change saw TC and SP take control early on then the privates took over. The multiplier change has produced another TC championship and another private championship. If history repeats, I see another Gordonsville/SP championship followed by another TC championship, followed by the privates taking over again errrr finding a new way to “compete”. Sorry I got of subject a little. My hope is that a public school from West Tennessee wins a championship…it’s be nearly 20 years (1989-Bruceton) since that has happened.

listen to Jim Rome much??

very interesting post, but myentire point is everyone writing off FC like they will fall off the face of the earth. Not that that is a bad thing :lol: but I just don't think it willl happen, and as you can tell from my sig. I am not an FC supporter, just trying to get some insight asto why everyone was writing them off...

listen to Jim Rome much??

very interesting post, but myentire point is everyone writing off FC like they will fall off the face of the earth. Not that that is a bad thing B) but I just don't think it willl happen, and as you can tell from my sig. I am not an FC supporter, just trying to get some insight asto why everyone was writing them off...

I listen to him every once in a while but he gets on my nerves most of the time. The reason most people are writing FCS off is because they held too high of an expectation for them this past year. Most people thought that they would be about as good as TC in '05. When they lost to JCS, a lot of their “aura” was lost as well. The bottom line is that the '05 TC team was the type of team that comes around once every 10-15 years. It was great that FCS played TC close in '05 but that was '05. Looking ahead to ’07…it’s easy to pick teams like Gordonsville, TCA, etc. However, there’s really no way for any of us to know how well some of the incoming underclassmen are going to play in the upcoming season. You take TC for instance; they had something like 11 sophomores on their team this year. Who’s to say those guys won’t step up next year as juniors and win it all and then turn around in ’08 and do it again? That’s the only problem I see with picking preseason favorites: there’s no way of truly knowing how the new guys are going to step up. All I know is that my team (Jo Byrns) will have 12 seniors and 15 juniors next year so hopefully those guys will step up and take it to the house!

Edited by MOTO24

• 3 weeks later...

it's gunna be just like 2 years ago and nobody is gunna know anything bout union city and we're gunna be very good and lake county doesnt return anything at all and mckenzie doesnt return anything but a qb and a center off their whole offense so idk how they can be in the preseason top 10, region 7-1a should be fought out between us and bruceton