who is the best RB to come out the state of TN?

mr playboy

My vote goes to................................Kelcey Williams he played for Humboldt (1993-1996) he was a man among boys all his years of playing and he was a 4 year starter....I still have never seen or heard of a high school RB better than him.. he was Mr. Football in 1996 and should have won in 1995 but they gave it to a well deserving Eric Westmore....I thought he was an even better LB...He played a 120% every game and every play... I have never seen nothing like him In person

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to................................Kelcey Williams he played for Humboldt (1993-1996) he was a man among boys all his years of playing and he was a 4 year starter....I still have never seen or heard of a high school RB better than him.. he was Mr. Football in 1996 and should have won in 1995 but they gave it to a well deserving Eric Westmore....I thought he was an even better LB...He played a 120% every game and every play... I have never seen nothing like him In person

You gotta consider Troy Flemming

Eric went on to play four years at UT and win a national championship! He played 5 years in the NFL. He totaled deserved his Mr. Football. However I believe the best ever would have to be Leroy Thompson from Austin East in 1986. Unbelievable combination of size and speed. Single handedly beat Brentwood Academy in the Clinic Bowl. He went on to play at Penn State and the NFL.

"punkin" would be my pick too..saw him carry the ball only 7 times against a good DHS team for 220 yds..was suppose to be the game of the year but Kelcey took matters in his hands..ZOOOMM!

"punkin" would be my pick too..saw him carry the ball only 7 times against a good DHS team for 220 yds..was suppose to be the game of the year but Kelcey took matters in his hands..ZOOOMM!

Kelcey Williams was one of the best. Gerald Arnold made it to the NFL and set rushing records in college. Troy Fleming was a great back that was still good when used as a FB when he turned pro. Kevin Jones for Fayette Ware and Joe Longmire from Bruceton were monsters but I don't know what happened to those guys.

But I would have to say the best ever doesn't even play the position of RB anymore. He played QB his junior year and played FB his senior year, but he put up monster numbers at both positions. And thats #7 for JCM AL Wilson.

I almost left off Patrick Willis, he was the only person to ever be a finalist for Mr. Football on both sides of the ball.

Edited by montague1

Karl williamson Haywood Miss. St.

mr. football when only three people in the state got the award.

a freak on the field.

Karl williamson Haywood Miss. St.

mr. football when only three people in the state got the award.

a freak on the field.

Phil King played at Dyersburg in the mid-1950s, then on to Vanderbilt, where he was a 3 year starter and led the SEC in rushing. Then on to the NFL, where he started for years with the New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers and Minnesota Vikings. King won a Super Bowl ring.

King ran about a 10 flat hundred (Forty yard dashes weren't measured then.), was 6'4", weighed 225, ran with his knees about chin high, and was a fright to chase or to tackle. His nickname was "The Chief" (part Chickasaw Indian). You can check his record in the NFL archives on the Internet.

Edited by Augielio

An on going question, how is it that someone goes 120%? if 100% is all someone can go, that 120% is out fo how many possible percents.

Kelsy Williams was definately a man among boys. He had something like 470 yards of total offense against us in the first half alone. 4 rushing TDs, a KO Return TD, and a punt returned for a TD. 3 of those 6 he wasn't even touched. During the film session, our coach didnt even yell. He just said d@*$ that kid's got some zoo-zoos (speed). He had something like 50 TDs his junior season (1995).

U had to c him play man and u had to c his work ethic to understand what i mean by 120%, he played every play as if it was his last......and yeah u got to consider Troy but i don't think he would have had over 9000 yards playing against the competition Kelcey did in 3A matter of fact i know he wouldn't have......and anyway Troy played in Division 1 or 2 competition in High school I don't even count that 4 real.......u can't compare 3A to Division 1 and 2 in high school football not 4 real