Who is the next Coach at Science Hill.....

TnRiverRat

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else out there in Al Gore's playland thinking Science Hill is taking it's own sweet time in naming a head football coach? I know it was mentioned they would have a coach in place by January 1st. For crying outloud, this is silly.

As always in Johnson City, let's keep basketball at the forefront as long as possible.

Make the decision!

Bring the ol ball coach to Johnson City, they still want beat DB.

The only thing that's keeping SH from beating DB is the coaching. Johnson City has always had better talent than Kingsport. Anyway until someone from northeast tennessee goes deeper in the playoffs than the 1st or 2nd round Nobody has any room to talk. It's a shame that DB went undeafeated and lost in the 1st round. No better than datoppers. :):thumb::lol::lol:

Is anyone else out there in Al Gore's playland thinking Science Hill is taking it's own sweet time in naming a head football coach? I know it was mentioned they would have a coach in place by January 1st. For crying outloud, this is silly.

As always in Johnson City, let's keep basketball at the forefront as long as possible.

Make the decision!

[/quote

YES, THIS DECISON IS A BIG ONE AND IT SEEMS THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT THINKING IN MIND WITH GOING AFTER BIG NAME COACHES, BUT THE CLOCK IS TICKING TOWARD SPRING TRAINING. SOME RUMORS SAY RALPH NELSON. GATE CITY (COLBROUGH (SP)), TURNER FROM CARSON NEWMON'S OC, JUST TO NAME A FEW. I HAVE A 6TH GRADER AT INDIAN TRAIL AND 2 MORE BOYS IN 8-9 BALL, SO THIS DECISION WILL AFFECT MY OLDEST AND MAYBE THE OTHER 2.

DOES ANYONE THINK THAT JOHNSON CITY NEEDS 2 MIDDLE SCHOOLS. I BELIEVE THAT'S WHERE WE ARE LOSING TALENT

The only thing that's keeping SH from beating DB is the coaching. Johnson City has always had better talent than Kingsport. Anyway until someone from northeast tennessee goes deeper in the playoffs than the 1st or 2nd round Nobody has any room to talk. It's a shame that DB went undeafeated and lost in the 1st round. No better than datoppers. :):thumb::lol::lol:

I'm not sure what you would consider Northeast Tennessee, but I believe every year at least 1 team from Region 1 and Region 2 will make the state semi-finals. Do you consider Morristown NET, because they make it almost every year including the finals in 2003. Tennessee High made it to the semi's in '04. Hampton has been to the semi's the past 2 years and Cloudland was in the finals in '01. D-B did make it to the 3rd round in '03 and '04 and made it to the semi's in '02. I would say beating Science Hill does make them better than datoppers. I agree though that it is a shame D-B lost in the 1st round.

I'm not sure what you would consider Northeast Tennessee, but I believe every year at least 1 team from Region 1 and Region 2 will make the state semi-finals. Do you consider Morristown NET, because they make it almost every year including the finals in 2003. Tennessee High made it to the semi's in '04. Hampton has been to the semi's the past 2 years and Cloudland was in the finals in '01. D-B did make it to the 3rd round in '03 and '04 and made it to the semi's in '02. I would say beating Science Hill does make them better than datoppers. I agree though that it is a shame D-B lost in the 1st round.

Northeast Tennessee to me is where interstate 40/81 split to the virgina liine. That seems to be the porblem with 4a/5a teams in the area. We send a team from the region, but can never win the state

Northeast Tennessee to me is where interstate 40/81 split to the virgina liine. That seems to be the porblem with 4a/5a teams in the area. We send a team from the region, but can never win the state

In 4A every region can say that except Region 3. In 5A I think it is always either Region 4 or 5. So it's not just NET that's not bringing home in gold balls.

I heard the Head Coach at G-P. His son might apply for the job. Could be a possibility, they have a pretty good program, went 10-0 this year. I think he is the offensive coordinator there.

any word on this quote! Saw gp a couple of times they are just old school hardnose football. ifitis Benny Hammonds give him the job right now, i thought he was th off & De cordinator!

:)

One name that is curiously not resurfacing is Coach Overbay. For once I wouldn't mind seeing the "interim" removed from Interim Head Coach. A good guy....

Coach Overbay might be an good fit, especially if they get rid of Watts. I just think he will try to bully anyone that is not brought in from outside of the program.

Edited by topvol98

Awfully quite out in Toppertown.

I have just thought of this conclusion. Science Hill does have 1 feeder program. I guess you can count 2 to that, if you add U-High. Look they certainly have some athletes (a lot are Science Hill dropouts). It may not be a big boost, but go to UH and recruit a little. Its legal for their kids to play football @ SH. You are not going to get anybody special. But you know it wont hurt to get a few good athletes from UH.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

The calm before the storm!

SCIENCE HILL will turn things around. The feeder program is starting to grow (Jr. Toppers) and the first flock of talent will be entering the 9th. grade next season.

The 7th grade class went undefeated this past season and the 6th graders are loaded with talent.

The Varsity will feature Sir Soloman #40 and Isaac Kinley #22 in the back field and Tomas Hill #2 will be the front runner at the QB position.

Again......THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM!