Who is the next Coach at Science Hill.....

TnRiverRat

The calm before the storm!

SCIENCE HILL will turn things around. The feeder program is starting to grow (Jr. Toppers) and the first flock of talent will be entering the 9th. grade next season.

The 7th grade class went undefeated this past season and the 6th graders are loaded with talent.

The Varsity will feature Sir Soloman #40 and Isaac Kinley #22 in the back field and Tomas Hill #2 will be the front runner at the QB position.

Again......THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM!

That would definitely be a good educated guess if coach Bowles were coming back. But, who knows with a new coach coming in and what kind of shake-up could occur. I hear Phillip Denton is a pretty decent QB that could lead the team.

What do we have coming up from the freshman ranks next year? And who will replace Nat Scott at fullback?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Phillip Denton is a pretty decent QB that could lead the team.

I'm still wondering who you are hearing this from but there would need to be alot of improvement from his first to second year at the postion. I think that with all the quality at the skill position and the loss of most of the offesive line and the unwillingness of certain defensive players to play on the o-line, it will be hard to get away from the spread option. The right trigger man wasn't at the helm last year and I'm talking about the play caller. I think that if an offensive minded head coach is hired that this team will be scary. Speed, speed, speed.

Edited by topvol98

any word on this quote! Saw gp a couple of times they are just old school hardnose football. ifitis Benny Hammonds give him the job right now, i thought he was th off & De cordinator!

Benny is the HC....and has been for years. Seriously doubt he'd leave that job. But who knows.

His son Lee is a coordinator at GP (or was, I'm not 100 percent sure).....and is an Asst. principal at the school.

WHO?

DENTON?

NEVER HEARD OF HIM? DID HE MOVE INTO THE AREA?

THERE ARE 3 KIDS THAT WILL BE GUNNIN' FOR THE QB SPOT IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

DANIEL NORRIS (RISING 9TH GRADER) LEFT HANDER....2ND COMING OF MIKE VICK. NICE ARM WITH SPEED..........SPEED.........DID I MENTION SPEED?

WILL CARTER IS ALSO GOING TO BE A FRESHMAN NEXT SEASON. HE A LEADER, BUT HAS THE TOOLS TO MAKE A TOP NOTCH QB IN THE YEARS TO COME. A SMALLER VERSION OF PEYTON MANNING...FIELD GENERAL!

LUKE HAMPTON.....WILL BE IN 8TH GRADE NEXT SEASON......RUNS THE OPTION AS GOOD AS YOU CAN. STRONG WITH SPPED AND A NICE TOUCH ON THE DDP BALL.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

WHO?

DENTON?

NEVER HEARD OF HIM? DID HE MOVE INTO THE AREA?

THERE ARE 3 KIDS THAT WILL BE GUNNIN' FOR THE QB SPOT IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

DANIEL NORRIS (RISING 9TH GRADER) LEFT HANDER....2ND COMING OF MIKE VICK. NICE ARM WITH SPEED..........SPEED.........DID I MENTION SPEED?

WILL CARTER IS ALSO GOING TO BE A FRESHMAN NEXT SEASON. HE A LEADER, BUT HAS THE TOOLS TO MAKE A TOP NOTCH QB IN THE YEARS TO COME. A SMALLER VERSION OF PEYTON MANNING...FIELD GENERAL!

LUKE HAMPTON.....WILL BE IN 8TH GRADE NEXT SEASON......RUNS THE OPTION AS GOOD AS YOU CAN. STRONG WITH SPPED AND A NICE TOUCH ON THE DDP BALL.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

No, Denton has been in the program since the Indian Trail. Was moved to qb last season after the transfer of the kid to Boone. My son has told me that there is an big kid that was the freshman qb this year that has alot of tools but this was his first year or learning the position. Denton made huge strides to get on the field on the special teams and I could see him getting minutes somewhere on the field if his improvement continues to rise as it did this year. It would be nice if their was some good competition at the postion but most of the seniors on this team will be motivated to seek their full potential and it would go along way if an coach who is as hungry is hired. Except from whom keeps this Denton "hearing" going, I would bet my house that Hill has the support and confidence of his teammates.

Edited by topvol98

That would definitely be a good educated guess if coach Bowles were coming back. But, who knows with a new coach coming in and what kind of shake-up could occur. I hear Phillip Denton is a pretty decent QB that could lead the team.

What do we have coming up from the freshman ranks next year? And who will replace Nat Scott at fullback?

Yes the future is bright!!! My son came to the Jr. Toppers Gold from Elizabethton and I go to see some of the future talent. I still say we need 2 middle schools to feed the football program or you'll miss out on a bunch of talent. I'm hearing fo kids not playing or getting used to a position, that will take care of this problem. Market st. or Roan St. would be the divider. Either build a new middle School out south roan st. or move the 9th graders to the high school campus and make the 8/9 campus liberty bell again

No, Denton has been in the program since the Indian Trail. Was moved to qb last season after the transfer of the kid to Boone. My son has told me that there is an big kid that was the freshman qb this year that has alot of tools but this was his first year or learning the position. Denton made huge strides to get on the field on the special teams and I could see him getting minutes somewhere on the field if his improvement continues to rise as it did this year. It would be nice if their was some good competition at the postion but most of the seniors on this team will be motivated to seek their full potential and it would go along way if an coach who is as hungry is hired. Except from whom keeps this Denton "hearing" going, I would bet my house that Hill has the support and confidence of his teammates.

Definitely! In my opinion, Tomas Hill should have been the "go to" man this last season. I believe he will lead this team next season with no one really challenging him for that spot. I hope he works hard on his passing in the off season. I know he has great wheels. A good passing and running quarterback is a real threat to opposing defenses. With Duannah and Kinley in the backfield we should be tough if we can get some big boys up front to protect and open holes.

My son says Denton's throwing ability doesn't look to bad for a first year QB, is where I'm getting my "hearing".

Edited by PowrPlus

Definitely! In my opinion, Tomas Hill should have been the "go to" man this last season. I believe he will lead this team next season with no one really challenging him for that spot. I hope he works hard on his passing in the off season. I know he has great wheels. A good passing and running quarterback is a real threat to opposing defenses. With Duannah and Kinley in the backfield we should be tough if we can get some big boys up front to protect and open holes.

My son says Denton's throwing ability doesn't look to bad for a first year QB, is where I'm getting my "hearing".

I don't think that the last coaching staff did a good job of playintg to the strengths of the the offensive team. I didn't believe that Tucker, Hill or Denton were guys that could work themselves out of "bad nights" last year but neither could the coaching staff.I'm looing forward to the naming of an coach and so that an direction for next season can be established. I'm sure that all the seniors will have try to optimize their potential and as long as their are backroom deals there is always competition for spots.

What about former ETSU standout and Landstown Virginia coach Chris Beatty. He is currently the offensive coordinator at Hampton University. I am willing to bet Science Hill will pay as much as he is getting there. He led Landstown to national ranking. Onme of the top offensive minds in football. Coach some great players including Percy Harvin now at Florida.

What about former ETSU standout and Landstown Virginia coach Chris Beatty. He is currently the offensive coordinator at Hampton University. I am willing to bet Science Hill will pay as much as he is getting there. He led Landstown to national ranking. Onme of the top offensive minds in football. Coach some great players including Percy Harvin now at Florida.

They could try, you never know, but I don't see him leaving Hampton University to go back to the high school ranks. Especially after leaving a school like Landstown. With the success he had at Hampton this year I see him trying to find a HC position at another college.

They could try, you never know, but I don't see him leaving Hampton University to go back to the high school ranks. Especially after leaving a school like Landstown. With the success he had at Hampton this year I see him trying to find a HC position at another college.

Has anyone heard anything on the coach from Munford? I remember some discussion about him and his staff and the question arose as to whether SH could afford them.

Someone give me some info. on the JR. Toppers Youth Football Program.

I have only heard good things about it. Is that were the best kids play? Is it an all-star program? Do they try-out?

From what i understand....they have produced a ton of talent.

Someone fill me in.

If the youth program is strong...the future of the program will be bright.