Who is the next Coach at Science Hill.....

TnRiverRat

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply put. The Ralph Nelson thing has never made any sinse to me. He rode a quarterback to 1 good season at East. Remember how bad Tennessee High beat East that year in what everybody thought would be a good game. And thats it. I don't know of anything else he has ever done in coaching. If Science Hill hires him, their getting a "pig in a poke". And DB will continue to dominate this area. I don't think the the folkes at SH are that dumb, but I hope they are.

Waco...humor me for just a bit. Objectively speaking...the timeline is...the week of SSHS vs SEHS which was the last week of October is when we were made aware of not only the Nelson deal but the week 0 deal also. We were made to understand that the transaction had been in the works for some time. The public anouncement on the change was not until I think 2 weeks later. Now the week 0 game is still on. And after the public announcement then all the hoopla broke loose about Carson Newman, Quarles, etc...My point is that SHHS planned this from very early in the season. And Nelson DID affect the week 0 game. And they did go to him. And now eons later SHHS is in the state of disarray that they are in. Forget whether or not Nelson is the correct choice for the time being and just look at the facts. There has never been any mention of Nelson as being a consideration in this thing. Maybe he demanded some nondisclosure formality. And they have gone after some pretty big fish according to the press. But no cigar. On the surface it appears they are randomly pursuing what is quickly becoming an NET fiasco. I mean...Steve Spurrier...get real. What I'm saying is, it doesn't compute. I think the Nelson thing was a done deal and then it went sour somehow. And then SHHS says we must make this into a Monica Lowinski affair and draw as much press as possible so as to make this as hot a ticket as we possibly can to finalize this thing quick. And now they an issue. Maybe you think they still have time to save face. I think they wouldn't have axed Bowles unless they had a plan. I think their plan went up in smoke. These things don't just happen on a whim. This was in the works for a while. So why wait until mid December to start pursuing it seriously? I think it proves they had to change horses in the middle of the stream. Which gets you wet and sometimes cold.

Edited by compusatman

The Nelson thing was announced here, I've never seen it or heard mention anywhere else. If anyone takes the Spurrier thing serious than they might want to have their meds increased. It's only an fiasco to those on the outside looking in because they have to wait longer to bash. It's HIGH SCHOOL football at an school where basketball and baseball comes before it.

Waco...humor me for just a bit. Objectively speaking...the timeline is...the week of SSHS vs SEHS which was the last week of October is when we were made aware of not only the Nelson deal but the week 0 deal also. We were made to understand that the transaction had been in the works for some time. The public anouncement on the change was not until I think 2 weeks later. Now the week 0 game is still on. And after the public announcement then all the hoopla broke loose about Carson Newman, Quarles, etc...My point is that SHHS planned this from very early in the season. And Nelson DID affect the week 0 game. And they did go to him. And now eons later SHHS is in the state of disarray that they are in. Forget whether or not Nelson is the correct choice for the time being and just look at the facts. There has never been any mention of Nelson as being a consideration in this thing. Maybe he demanded some nondisclosure formality. And they have gone after some pretty big fish according to the press. But no cigar. On the surface it appears they are randomly pursuing what is quickly becoming an NET fiasco. I mean...Steve Spurrier...get real. What I'm saying is, it doesn't compute. I think the Nelson thing was a done deal and then it went sour somehow. And then SHHS says we must make this into a Monica Lowinski affair and draw as much press as possible so as to make this as hot a ticket as we possibly can to finalize this thing quick. And now they an issue. Maybe you think they still have time to save face. I think they wouldn't have axed Bowles unless they had a plan. I think their plan went up in smoke. These things don't just happen on a whim. This was in the works for a while. So why wait until mid December to start pursuing it seriously? I think it proves they had to change horses in the middle of the stream. Which gets you wet and sometimes cold.

The only place I see a fiasco in right here on CoachT. Theres a little bit of it in the press also. It doesn't look to me like there are any problems at Science Hill. Looks like their taking their time to get the best coach they can. Everything on here is just "dreamed up". When your dreaming, 2 and 2 usually don't equal 4.

It sure sounds that way....I've always found that it's your usually able to judge a man's character by the secret he keeps instead of the ones he tells. :rolleyes:

You know, we from the South Side are happy to be playing SHHS in 07'. Many of us wish we could still play DB as well. And we tried to schedule Gate City or Powell Valley but it did not work out. We look forward to the chance to upgrade our game. But to set the record straight neither Volman or myself said anything incriminating before the public announcement. To associate our respective posts with the Nelson affair one would have had to have been inside looking out already. We diclosed no secret. And I take offense to the smell of your post. It is not our fault that your administration is making this out to be a bit more dramatic than needs be. You and yours must admit that it has taken a downward turn to say the least. So please, don't mirror the DB posters by jumping on the bandwagon to trash the South Side because we were aware of some small bit of information before anyone else knew of it. We wish you the best fortune possible in this affair because we realize it will affect the whole region. So please, before you go assuming we are Rebels in the truest sense of the word, understand that we believe in the betterment of the group. We truly hope this works out to your advantage but my point is that it currently looks a bit grim.

TopVol, unless your hanging out at the Science Hill Gym on weekends theres no way you know whats going on. If you want the scoop on things you gotta' listen to these Sullivan South fans. Their in the know. :lol:

You know...you gotta love Waco. Your loud, unabashed, quick...did I say quick. But you're not married are you? But your still quick. Anyway, Waco I've got a new name for you. It won't be official until Volman confirms you but you are now proclaimed..."Waco the Weasel"! You manvarmit you! Congratulations! God, I love you. :rolleyes:

You know, we from the South Side are happy to be playing SHHS in 07'. Many of us wish we could still play DB as well. And we tried to schedule Gate City or Powell Valley but it did not work out. We look forward to the chance to upgrade our game. But to set the record straight neither Volman or myself said anything incriminating before the public announcement. To associate our respective posts with the Nelson affair one would have had to have been inside looking out already. We diclosed no secret. And I take offense to the smell of your post. It is not our fault that your administration is making this out to be a bit more dramatic than needs be. You and yours must admit that it has taken a downward turn to say the least. So please, don't mirror the DB posters by jumping on the bandwagon to trash the South Side because we were aware of some small bit of information before anyone else knew of it. We wish you the best fortune possible in this affair because we realize it will affect the whole region. So please, before you go assuming we are Rebels in the truest sense of the word, understand that we believe in the betterment of the group. We truly hope this works out to your advantage but my point is that it currently looks a bit grim.

Ha Ha Ha, the two of you are more worried about it then anyone in the Science Hill camp. There has never been anything from Science Hill adminstrators that named Nelson publicly. Take offense and go start an south thread. No hostility intended but if taken....oh well. The two of you are either trying to get Nelson hired or have some type of agenda, in my opnion. Yes, it would have been nice to haven an coach named before Christmas but it was more important to have bowles fired before starting off season work outs. If it was March or April and there was not an coach in place, then there would be some concern. I have complete faith that AD Turner is being methodical to ensure OUR boys have the best coach available. If you wanna start an conversation about the season opener, personnel or the state of HS football in NETN, where you can state your opnions along with everyone else..that would be great. If you wanna keep trying to post misinformation about everyone else programs, it would be nice for you to do it elsewhere.

The only place I see a fiasco in right here on CoachT. Theres a little bit of it in the press also. It doesn't look to me like there are any problems at Science Hill. Looks like their taking their time to get the best coach they can. Everything on here is just "dreamed up". When your dreaming, 2 and 2 usually don't equal 4.

When you weave a yarn then it's a novel...but when I give my take it's always off the wall. Right Weasel?

You know...you gotta love Waco. Your loud, unabashed, quick...did I say quick. But you're not married are you? But your still quick. Anyway, Waco I've got a new name for you. It won't be official until Volman confirms you but you are now proclaimed..."Waco the Weasel"! You manvarmit you! Congratulations! God, I love you. :rolleyes:

Mo-RonScott (aka Monica Lewenski) has already been named Mo-Ron of the year for 2006, and no post can be counted toward the 2007 award. It would be best if you waited until Monday to start the competion. Also "Riddles" will not be allowed.

If your looking to get married you might look to Mo-RonScott (aks Monica Lewenski) You would make a great couple.

Ha Ha Ha, the two of you are more worried about it then anyone in the Science Hill camp. There has never been anything from Science Hill adminstrators that named Nelson publicly. Take offense and go start an south thread. No hostility intended but if taken....oh well. The two of you are either trying to get Nelson hired or have some type of agenda, in my opnion. Yes, it would have been nice to haven an coach named before Christmas but it was more important to have bowles fired before starting off season work outs. If it was March or April and there was not an coach in place, then there would be some concern. I have complete faith that AD Turner is being methodical to ensure OUR boys have the best coach available. If you wanna start an conversation about the season opener, personnel or the state of HS football in NETN, where you can state your opnions along with everyone else..that would be great. If you wanna keep trying to post misinformation about everyone else programs, it would be nice for you to do it elsewhere.

This is all you'll get from South Fans. Always throwing up flack to drag down other schools to their level. Hey maybe their trying to get Nelson hired so he can throw the game in week 0. He being a former South player and good buddies with the current South coach. At last they would have a victory ovar a 5A team. Makes more since than the garbage their spewing.

This is all you'll get from South Fans. Always throwing up flack to drag down other schools to their level. Hey maybe their trying to get Nelson hired so he can throw the game in week 0. He being a former South player and good buddies with the current South coach. At last they would have a victory ovar a 5A team. Makes more since than the garbage their spewing.

We will be doing all the throwing! Curt Phillips style! :rolleyes: