Who is the next Coach at Science Hill.....

TnRiverRat

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: A tommyhawk I have 3 boys that played with the Jr. Toppers, this past season 1 on 11/12, 1on 9/10, and 1 on 7/8 talent at every position. There is about 80 kids each age group. They had about 3 teams for each age group. As far as the competitveness, It's ok. The Toppers generally have two good teams and they both end up in the top 3 in about every age group. RB's, WR's, QB's CB's and just pure speed and knowledge of the game. Oh, some very good DL and OL coming. I believe 2 middle schools will help the program tremendously.

The Hill is on its way to NE TN supremacy in every sport. They are tops in Basketball already, baseball is as good as DB if not better (those two are head and shoulders above the rest of the area), and if they dont establish themselves as the team to beat this coming football season then it will be in the near future. JC schools are on the right track athletically. The are making a noble effort at developing their elementary and middle schools and youth league programs. I really believe the new guy will have a true backing of most everyone involved. Heck, they have always had the athletes and financial support all they have been missing was an adminstrative committment. Now they have that. If the rest of the area dont follow suit then it means a lot of SHHS Championships (in every sport) for years to come.

The Hill is on its way to NE TN supremacy in every sport. They are tops in Basketball already, baseball is as good as DB if not better (those two are head and shoulders above the rest of the area), and if they dont establish themselves as the team to beat this coming football season then it will be in the near future. JC schools are on the right track athletically. The are making a noble effort at developing their elementary and middle schools and youth league programs. I really believe the new guy will have a true backing of most everyone involved. Heck, they have always had the athletes and financial support all they have been missing was an adminstrative committment. Now they have that. If the rest of the area dont follow suit then it means a lot of SHHS Championships (in every sport) for years to come.

Well heck...congratulations on next fall.

Not so fast my friend. I wouldn't say they are "tops in basketball already". They are the team to beat right now, but they were at this time last year as well, and they thumped D-B by about 35 in JC. Still, D-B beat them in the Dome and played deeper into the post-season than them....again....for about the 4th straight year. Respect the 90's, but respect the present as well. Compare the Region titles, substate titles, and state tourny trips with the Indians for the last 5 years and you will come up considerably short.

Also, "baseball is as good as D-B if not better"??? Again, count the titles and the distance gone into the state playoffs. D-B wins that one too. Science Hill caught lighting in a bottle back in about '98 and won it all, but haven't outshined the Indians since. The Hill was rewarded last year when D-B beat them and sent them on the road only to have to host State Champ Farragut at home.

I will agree with you in one regard, Johnson City is booming! It only has one High School and it could become fierce if someone could stop the infighting over athletes and harness the talent available. The time to look to end D-B's dominance is not with your new coach, it's when Graham Clark steps down. I don't know how many more years he has in him and whoever replaces him in Kingsport is doomed to failure....no question.

Not so fast my friend. I wouldn't say they are "tops in basketball already". They are the team to beat right now, but they were at this time last year as well, and they thumped D-B by about 35 in JC. Still, D-B beat them in the Dome and played deeper into the post-season than them....again....for about the 4th straight year. Respect the 90's, but respect the present as well. Compare the Region titles, substate titles, and state tourny trips with the Indians for the last 5 years and you will come up considerably short.

Also, "baseball is as good as D-B if not better"??? Again, count the titles and the distance gone into the state playoffs. D-B wins that one too. Science Hill caught lighting in a bottle back in about '98 and won it all, but haven't outshined the Indians since. The Hill was rewarded last year when D-B beat them and sent them on the road only to have to host State Champ Farragut at home.

I will agree with you in one regard, Johnson City is booming! It only has one High School and it could become fierce if someone could stop the infighting over athletes and harness the talent available. The time to look to end D-B's dominance is not with your new coach, it's when Graham Clark steps down. I don't know how many more years he has in him and whoever replaces him in Kingsport is doomed to failure....no question.

I think both of you are forgetting who has been "tops in basketball" in NE Tn for the past couple of years...Greeneville.

Pretty good post Stonewall. I agree that D-B historically has better programs than SH. But, most people judge "success" in number of state titles. In basketball and baseball this would give the edge to SH. I think from an outsiders standpoint, the perception in this area is SH is the basketball king and D-B is the football king. Baseball could be anybody really. As for your statement about Clark's replacement being "doomed to failure"......could you elaborate? Do you mean that he will have a hard time living up to the success that Graham had (which I would agree) or do you mean the well is going dry?

Pretty good post Stonewall. I agree that D-B historically has better programs than SH. But, most people judge "success" in number of state titles. In basketball and baseball this would give the edge to SH. I think from an outsiders standpoint, the perception in this area is SH is the basketball king and D-B is the football king. Baseball could be anybody really. As for your statement about Clark's replacement being "doomed to failure"......could you elaborate? Do you mean that he will have a hard time living up to the success that Graham had (which I would agree) or do you mean the well is going dry?

Whatever it is that he means, your to stupid to understand it. Mo-Ron of the year.

Grammar Nazi WaCo, your should be you're and your first to should be too.

Continue......

Notice....

This is a sports message board, not a propper grammar message board. Most posters on coacht do not use correct grammar and most mis-spell words all the time. including you. There are a few egg heads on here that know very little about sports, so they spend most of their time looking for other peoples mistakes. Their called Geeks. Their the ones everybody makes fun of in school.

refer to the thread "Any word on the coaching decision" post #70 :thumb:

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I mean replacing Coach Clark will be a High School version of replacing the Bear. He is the man in Kingsport and has been there basically his whole life. No one will be able to overcome the "Graham never did it that way" issue. Like a coach I know that used to work there once said, "Make sure you're the guy who replaces the guy who gets fired when Graham leaves."

I mean replacing Coach Clark will be a High School version of replacing the Bear. He is the man in Kingsport and has been there basically his whole life. No one will be able to overcome the "Graham never did it that way" issue. Like a coach I know that used to work there once said, "Make sure you're the guy who replaces the guy who gets fired when Graham leaves."

I totally agree. It's actually sad that some lame D-B fans are trying to run him out of town. They better watch what they wish for. They are totally wacko! :thumb: