lipscomb vs. giles co

coach5

Do not even act as if you are alone on that sinking boat now BombSquad because I have been warned about a million times for things that I've said on here in the past by several people ranging from the mods to CoachT himself YET someone got on here this evening and called me "a coward" and there was nothing said about the incident (despite complaints to the mods through post reportings as well as threads that I started concerning the incident as well). I guarantee you that if I got on here and started calling other posters "cowards" then I'd be kicked off of the website yet again and would have to go into semi-retirement for a period of 3-4 months yet again :justwrestle:

Politics play a role in it and there are the perrenial "favorites" on here despite what anyone would argue to you. With that in mind all you can do is make the best out of it and be both respectful and studious while making your posts because OTHERWISE the next time you post could be under a different username ;)

David Lipscomb wins a closer one than the first time around over a Giles Co. team that if they do pull the "upset" should be considered the "favorites" in the bottom half of the bracket to go to Murfreesboro. Why???? Because then Giles would hold wins over both Jackson South Side & David Lipscomb :P

Will the winner of this game be at home next week or on the road?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I surrender no more joking around- serious picks only. so here goes my best effort- Lipscomb wins 21-18. Lipscomb will score on 2 FG's, 5 safeties and 5 XP's. While Giles county will get 3 blocked field goals that are all returned for touchdowns but the extra points will all get blocked. We'lll wait and see if I'm right!!

Edited by mustangfan

Do not even act as if you are alone on that sinking boat now BombSquad because I have been warned about a million times for things that I've said on here in the past by several people ranging from the mods to CoachT himself YET someone got on here this evening and called me "a coward" and there was nothing said about the incident (despite complaints to the mods through post reportings as well as threads that I started concerning the incident as well). I guarantee you that if I got on here and started calling other posters "cowards" then I'd be kicked off of the website yet again and would have to go into semi-retirement for a period of 3-4 months yet again ;)

Politics play a role in it and there are the perrenial "favorites" on here despite what anyone would argue to you. With that in mind all you can do is make the best out of it and be both respectful and studious while making your posts because OTHERWISE the next time you post could be under a different username :P

David Lipscomb wins a closer one than the first time around over a Giles Co. team that if they do pull the "upset" should be considered the "favorites" in the bottom half of the bracket to go to Murfreesboro. Why???? Because then Giles would hold wins over both Jackson South Side & David Lipscomb :justwrestle:

Sniff, sniff! Let me wipe my tears away before I type. Poor big country, life is really rough. I can't imagine the agony in my life if I got banned from CoachT. I hope you can soldier on and make it through today. Now just remind me, who called you a coward and why is it that would upset you? I know Bombsquad (or BS as I like to call him) has been called much worse.

OK fella, if Iwanted crap from your mouth I'd squeeze your head.

Seriously, can someone tell me if DL/GC will host next week?

Would like to see it if either team is at home.

I believe he typed those words, so the crap actually came from his fingers not his mouth. Minor detail I suppose. Oh yeah I forgot my prediction since that is apparently the only thing we are supposed to put on here. Lipscomb 7 GC 63

Well I don't know about everyone else but I really enjoyed that last thread for the game. Most of these threads are so boring. Who cares what big country or anyone elses thoughts are on the game. At least the DL people are a little creative and one thing is for sure, you never know what your gonna read when you get on there!

I woke up this morning and was surprised to see that a moderator had closed the original Giles County-Lipscomb thread. I thought that Coach T was an open forum to talk about all aspects of the game. Part of the game is the game day experience and everything that comes with it. There have been threads about the coldest game ever, who has the best fans, who has the best uniforms, the worst uniforms, the worst game officials, the best middle school team and so on. And then for a moderator to close an entertaining thread. The responses on the original site dealt with stories, though they may be just lore and Lipscomb superstition, and the prose..they are a part of the Lipscomb game day experience and have been for approximately 20 years. Yes, there are bagpipes that play, a flag flies on a pole next to the practice field that bares a scottish coat of arms and there are a number of other Lipscomb Game Day experiences that take place. Remember someone asked early in the thread, whats the deal with the bagpipes?

So now we have someone whose personal opinion and the authority to locked down a thread because he/she didn't understand or like the Lipscomb Game Day experience. (It had moved beyond the X's and O's) With that in mind, perhaps the Coach T people need to prohibit threads like I referenced above from ever being posted on this site.

Only so much can be said about the X's and O's of the game between Lipscomb and Giles County and I believe it has already been done. People have made their prediction, yet I cannot recall at this time whether Muffin got hers in. Giles County is a great ball club and I'm sure that they will be coming to Nashville sky high for this game...and the Mustangs better be ready. Hopefully, I have not offended anyone with this epistle and hope the moderator won't pull the plug on me.

Back to the game indeed. If we (Giles County) can come out and jump on them early, their history shows a lack of success when they're down. The thing is, most teams can't be down against them and keep coming. We play our best with our backs against the wall, and play with a tenacity unrivaled by just about anybody. I believe General Neyland's theory that the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. If we can minimize turn overs and step up our defensive and special teams game, we put ourselves in a good position to move on in the playoffs, and beat the legendary David Lipscomb Mustangs.

Kirk Herbstreit, eat your heart out :justwrestle: