lipscomb vs. giles co

coach5

no more bagpipes poems or jokes please. lets start this one over

lets hear the picks

Did someone say poetry? Why never a finer piece of literature has been written then about my peck of pickled peppers. Poetry is a truly genuine way of expressing your thoughts. I find this forum to be an ideal place for opinions to be expressed in all forms! Long live poetry and coacht!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the game indeed. If we (Giles County) can come out and jump on them early, their history shows a lack of success when they're down. The thing is, most teams can't be down against them and keep coming. We play our best with our backs against the wall, and play with a tenacity unrivaled by just about anybody. I believe General Neyland's theory that the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. If we can minimize turn overs and step up our defensive and special teams game, we put ourselves in a good position to move on in the playoffs, and beat the legendary David Lipscomb Mustangs.

Kirk Herbstreit, eat your heart out :thumb:

Speaking of old theories: I like the one about offense wins games but defense wins championships. Implying that on any given night offense can help but having a stout defense is more important. That all sounds great until you get to the championship game. So which is more important in the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. Hmmmmm?

Edited by PeterPiper

I woke up this morning and was surprised to see that a moderator had closed the original Giles County-Lipscomb thread. I thought that Coach T was an open forum to talk about all aspects of the game. Part of the game is the game day experience and everything that comes with it. There have been threads about the coldest game ever, who has the best fans, who has the best uniforms, the worst uniforms, the worst game officials, the best middle school team and so on. And then for a moderator to close an entertaining thread. The responses on the original site dealt with stories, though they may be just lore and Lipscomb superstition, and the prose..they are a part of the Lipscomb game day experience and have been for approximately 20 years. Yes, there are bagpipes that play, a flag flies on a pole next to the practice field that bares a scottish coat of arms and there are a number of other Lipscomb Game Day experiences that take place. Remember someone asked early in the thread, whats the deal with the bagpipes?

So now we have someone whose personal opinion and the authority to locked down a thread because he/she didn't understand or like the Lipscomb Game Day experience. (It had moved beyond the X's and O's) With that in mind, perhaps the Coach T people need to prohibit threads like I referenced above from ever being posted on this site.

Only so much can be said about the X's and O's of the game between Lipscomb and Giles County and I believe it has already been done. People have made their prediction, yet I cannot recall at this time whether Muffin got hers in. Giles County is a great ball club and I'm sure that they will be coming to Nashville sky high for this game...and the Mustangs better be ready. Hopefully, I have not offended anyone with this epistle and hope the moderator won't pull the plug on me.

I think football message boards should be for football messages! Poetry should be for poetry boards. I don't know if there are really those or not but it sounds like where poetry should be. I also think the lipscomb-giles thread should be for talking about lipscomb and giles. Not scotland. Scotland should be talked about on the scotland threads. save the football threads for football. OK, now time to talk lipscomb giles football for real- who will win? I guess we will have to wait til friday and see

Big Country...you need to talk to Coachhard......he will fill you in on DL threads.

Tough game....GC needs some good surprises to happen....DL never beats itself...although they are overdue in that respect.

You rang?

Didn’t you hear? I was voted “Moderator for a Day”. I can’t explain the feeling I got….putting that X in the box.

My prediction still stands since week 1: Lipscomb will coast to the 3-A championship game and play the winner of Knoxville Catholic and Fulton.

no more bagpipes poems or jokes please. lets start this one over

lets hear the picks

DL 28-GC 14

The Low Down:

DL is just so balanced on offense and defense; Offensively: Holt, Moneypenny, Elrod and #27------ TROUBLE FOR ALOT OF DEFENSES--FORGET THE PASSING GAME, THEY DON'T HAVE TOO!!!!!!!!

Defensively: LETS JUST SAY THEY GATA!!!!! :D:thumb::o

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!!

Edited by tigerclaw

I think football message boards should be for football messages! Poetry should be for poetry boards. I don't know if there are really those or not but it sounds like where poetry should be. I also think the lipscomb-giles thread should be for talking about lipscomb and giles. Not scotland. Scotland should be talked about on the scotland threads. save the football threads for football. OK, now time to talk lipscomb giles football for real- who will win? I guess we will have to wait til friday and see

This should be a better game than the first. My father grew up in Giles Co. and I will be watching a player for Lipscomb. Should be interesting, being that I am driving my father to the game. Both teams had turnovers in the last game. Giles Co. did not have their QB. Lipscomb threw 2 int's, both inside Giles Co.'s 20 yard line. What's the score if neither team had turnovers? Turnovers are part of the game. Does Giles Co's QB play defense? If Giles Co can run the ball effectively and keep Lipscomb's offense off the field, this will be a close game. Maybe Gile's Co's defense has improved, that will make the game much closer. I think our region has better teams than most folks thought. Good game tomorrow.

This should be a better game than the first. My father grew up in Giles Co. and I will be watching a player for Lipscomb. Should be interesting, being that I am driving my father to the game. Both teams had turnovers in the last game. Giles Co. did not have their QB. Lipscomb threw 2 int's, both inside Giles Co.'s 20 yard line. What's the score if neither team had turnovers? Turnovers are part of the game. Does Giles Co's QB play defense? If Giles Co can run the ball effectively and keep Lipscomb's offense off the field, this will be a close game. Maybe Gile's Co's defense has improved, that will make the game much closer. I think our region has better teams than most folks thought. Good game tomorrow.

This is the football insight and discussion we have all been craving! According to mr dawg if lipscomb doesn't get to play offense the game will be close! I feel so much smarter having read this! Now I can enjoy the game knowing what to watch for!

This is the football insight and discussion we have all been craving! According to mr dawg if lipscomb doesn't get to play offense the game will be close! I feel so much smarter having read this! Now I can enjoy the game knowing what to watch for!

Being that my son plays for Lipscomb and has going there for 8 years, and I probably pass you at every game, maybe you should introduce yourself and explain to me how intellingent you are

Since you are new to Coach T. and Coach 5 has forgotten this is

CoachT Forums > Fall Sports > Football > Football: Classes 1A-2A-3A

Football is more than just the X's and O's of a game...its the Game Day Experience its about Tradition. Its The Vol Walk, Its Touchdown Jesus, Its the Battle Cry War Eagle, Its that Livingston Academy saying (can't remember) Its Smokey, Its UGA, its your school playing the fight song or the Alma Mater, Its the playing of the National Anthem, or at schools its the invocation, its the running thru the T, its the frying of catfish and hush puppies at Tyner, its the patting of that special sign in the locker room before heading out to the field, its Boomer Sooner, its Sooie Pig Sooie, its the Ramblin Wreck of Georgia Tech, its the song You've Got to be a Football Hero, its the student body lining up with the sign for the team to run thru, and its much much more...Its all a part of Football. The last time I checked, I was posting in the Football Message Boards of Coach T.

Since you are new to Coach T. and Coach 5 has forgotten this is

CoachT Forums > Fall Sports > Football > Football: Classes 1A-2A-3A

Football is more than just the X's and O's of a game...its the Game Day Experience its about Tradition. Its The Vol Walk, Its Touchdown Jesus, Its the Battle Cry War Eagle, Its that Livingston Academy saying (can't remember) Its Smokey, Its UGA, its your school playing the fight song or the Alma Mater, Its the playing of the National Anthem, or at schools its the invocation, its the running thru the T, its the frying of catfish and hush puppies at Tyner, its the patting of that special sign in the locker room before heading out to the field, its Boomer Sooner, its Sooie Pig Sooie, its the Ramblin Wreck of Georgia Tech, its the song You've Got to be a Football Hero, its the student body lining up with the sign for the team to run thru, and its much much more...Its all a part of Football. The last time I checked, I was posting in the Football Message Boards of Coach T.

...Come now as we stand and sing.