Alcoa vs Smith County

clintabbott

I think FC can play with Alcoa.

They hung with Knoxville Catholic, and I think the coaches at Smith County are good enough to come up with a gameplan to compete with anybody.

Good luck Owls!!!!!!! :thumb:

FC can hang with Alcoa?

Sorry Owl fans. As much as i would like to see an upset, I think the season ends next with against that mighty Tornado that is in route for a 3peat. :lol:

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is SC favored? We all know the question to that.

Can SC win? Anyone can win on any given night. All I will say.

Could it get ugly? Indeed! In fact it has gotten ugly with the majority of the teams that they played. I mean they just beat a top 10 sweetwater team 38 nill.

Will SC prepare and play to win? I expect nothing less from this program.

To all the Westmoreland people who on here predicting the scores and such. I know you would love to have won tonight, but look on the bright side, you all won't get embarrassed by Alcoa now.

I think SC can play with Alcoa.

They hung with Knoxville Catholic, and I think the coaches at Smith County are good enough to come up with a gameplan to compete with anybody.

Good luck Owls!!!!!!! :thumb:

I Agree............ if alcoa comes in thinking they will walk all over this theam.. they are wrong. If Smith can control the clock and put some points on the board.... it may be a ball game.......... as for the smith county supporters there is no use arguing with an alcoa player or fan. in their minds they have already won state this year and next

I Agree............ if alcoa comes in thinking they will walk all over this theam.. they are wrong. If Smith can control the clock and put some points on the board.... it may be a ball game.......... as for the smith county supporters there is no use arguing with an alcoa player or fan. in their minds they have already won state this year and next

Looks like I'm only the 3rd Alcoa fan posting on this thread so far. Don't think for 1 minute that Alcoa is coming in thinking they're going to walk all over SC: They haven't treated any game as such (even Cumberland Gap or the 2 Region 2 teams we've had rematches with), so don't even think it. Wishful thinking, I guess.

As far as winning state: The players and coaches are taking it 1 game at a time. Only the most naive fan will think that we've won state this year; nobody is talking about next year: that's a BIG question mark. We have to get through this year first. I will tell you this: The Seniors aren't ready to stop playing ball. They have a statement to make. A lot of people said that Alcoa was going to be down this year because of the few players we lost last year, but the (now) seniors were just waiting for their time to shine. Well, that time is now, and they're not about to take that opportunity for granted.

I thought someone said that SC "hung with Catholic"...I don't know if I'd call getting beat by 17 points "hanging". I realize the game may have been closer than the score says, but here's food for thought: Catholic won't put Alcoa on their schedule. HMMMMM.....

Smith County: You'd better be ready for the mighty Tornadoes, 'cause they'll be ready for you!!!

Edited by tornadogold

:lol: REACTION? I understand, it doesn't look good on paper. We will give the D1 feeder school everything we got. :thumb:

You still got my support, but after this team beat McCallie (the eventual division 2 state champions i think after tonight) then i knew this Alcoa team was still for real. It will take every trick in the book, and giving up no big plays on defense to beat them. Your defense is very sound so that will def. help you in a game like this, as explosive as Alcoa is.

Alcoa: 42

Smith Co.: 14

The Owls proved to be a Top Ten caliber team this year Antwan (in fact they have now proven to be FINAL FOUR material). The clock for "Cinderella" is going to strike midnight abruptly next week when that Tornado comes blazing through Carthage. Sorry :thumb:

It is a tall task...that's for sure. Alcoa has proved to be as good as any high school team in the state with their close calls with Fulton and Maryville...and their win over McCallie.

One thing is for sure...Maynord will have the Owls ready to play. They will come out and give it all they have. I think it will be much closer than most think. It just depends if SC can make plays. They have all year against some pretty good teams.

None of those are Alcoa. SC will know Alcoa's offense as good as they do. SC will be in the right positions to make plays. We'll see if that happens. SC won't be intimidated.