Alcoa vs Smith County

clintabbott

Alcoa has been blessed with great athletes the last few seasons. They haven't always been this talented.Just 4 short years ago they were 3-7. Alcoa will lose 25 seniors. They will still be good next year but not quite as good as they are this year or the last 2 years.

Maryville is pretty darn talented themselves.

There's no doubt about that. I am not slighting your team in any way. Your record speaks for itself. You are 4a...they are 2a.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that some of you Smith County posters realize what you're taking away from a great bunch of kids...by whining about who and how plays for another team...it does not matter...we got beat tonight by a team that was better...simple enough...Alcoa had the better team tonight...and I hope that they go to the Boro and play to win...

What you're taking away from this group of seniors is a season of playing their hearts out...playing beyond their athletic ability...This team wasn't expected to be here in the 4th round...one game away from the State Championship...but they got here by sheer grit and determination...they were one of four teams playing tonight for a chance at the championship...

Tonights game was one of the best officiated games I've seen played...this season or any other...

I am so proud of our kids...they have had one heck of a ride...I am so happy you all made it this far...hold your heads high...

For the person that asked about Tez...he'll be ok...seems he has a bruised sternum...we'll be keeping an eye on that...he's not sure if he got a knee to the chest or if he fell on someone's cleat...and thank you for asking...

Im not takin anything away from this team, they played with soooo much heart and determination this year, and i love quite a few of the seniors like brothers,im just sayin the chips werent stacked the same b/c of open zone

I hope that some of you Smith County posters realize what you're taking away from a great bunch of kids...by whining about who and how plays for another team...it does not matter...we got beat tonight by a team that was better...simple enough...Alcoa had the better team tonight...and I hope that they go to the Boro and play to win...

What you're taking away from this group of seniors is a season of playing their hearts out...playing beyond their athletic ability...This team wasn't expected to be here in the 4th round...one game away from the State Championship...but they got here by sheer grit and determination...they were one of four teams playing tonight for a chance at the championship...

Tonights game was one of the best officiated games I've seen played...this season or any other...

I am so proud of our kids...they have had one heck of a ride...I am so happy you all made it this far...hold your heads high...

For the person that asked about Tez...he'll be ok...seems he has a bruised sternum...we'll be keeping an eye on that...he's not sure if he got a knee to the chest or if he fell on someone's cleat...and thank you for asking...

Queen you are in a class by your self it seems. Every Smith County fan should be as proud as you are. Congrats to a great season and I'm glad that Tez is alright. God Bless you Miss Classy Queen :ph34r:

For those who didn't read or can't read...

Chris is a great kid, but there was no reason to recruit him-Tate and Hodge would have filled the gap left by Duck. Oh well it sure is nice to have Shivy in the back field though :ph34r:

Shiverdecker was the difference. Nobody else really did anything except for the run by Cobb on 3rd and long. He is a great back...very fast and elusive. He cuts about as well as anybody I've seen.

Alcoa has been blessed with great athletes the last few seasons. They haven't always been this talented.Just 4 short years ago they were 3-7. Alcoa will lose 25 seniors. They will still be good next year but not quite as good as they are this year or the last 2 years.

Maryville is pretty darn talented themselves.

Ron we know who Maryville is and the kind of program that they have. I'll be down to watch them next week, however even with the down years we still have seven gold balls and more is store for the future.

Go Tornados :ph34r:

Go Rebels :lol:

BTW we've always had the athletes just not the total package (e.g. great coaching, great facilities, consistant program)

well im glad he will be ok ...so did he not get to come back in the second half....im sorry if he didnt....... standing on the sideline with an injury is no way to spend your last game.....my prayers will be with yall hope he gets better....and fastand for all the sc fans and players yall had a great season what was yalls record i think 11-3 thats pretty good considering only ten gaurunteed games....hold your heads high yall have nothin to be ashamed of

Edited by GO Eagles

This Alcoa club is the best that I have seen play in a very long time. They didn't hurt SC with the pass, then again, they didn't have to. Shiverdecker is just awesome.

GHSFAN07, you have no idea what is about to happen. I know you all have a talented team this year. I realize you have the same team as last year, along with seven other players, but I have played Goodpasture's state championship calibur teams atleast three times...and this isn't even on the same level. Besides, don't get on this thread and start dissing SC. Show some class...that you obviously don't have.

To all the other people on here from other areas posting about the blowout tonight, I have two things to say. 1) If you would have been there, you would have saw for yourself. There was nothing SC could have done. That is hard to swallow, but not really considering the fact that a more talented team by alot won when they should have. 2) Where is your team at this week? (Besides you GHSFAN07, because we know where yours is. You have made that very clear by coming on here and bragging. If you don't believe me how good Goodpasture is, just ask GHSFAN07) And Go Eagles, what do you think Alcoa would have done to you? lol

Once again, Alcoa you are awesome, but the sportsmanship and attitude could be a little better, not so much the players, but the fans.

I don't quiet know what to say........with the exception of Queen Bee, and could be one or two more, but you guys are the biggest bunch of whinners, did we not warn you that speed kills? Did we not warn you that a Tornado was coming to town and was going to touch down at 7pm CST???? Did we not tell you that hey"could be in the water aka Pistol Creek?"

YOU DEFINATELY NEED TO HEED THE WARNINGS OF THE ALCOA TORNADOES!!!

I didn't get to make it to Wally World or Dollar General, I came straight to the school backed up the Jeep Cherokee and sat and waited for the gates to open......dang I didn't even get to try a "walking taco" seems they sold out before I could get one.

SCHS: Thanks for the hospitality. Man, you guys are really loud! I don't know how we sounded on the other side of the field, but you guys know how to make some noise!

QueenBee:The only complaint I have about the officiating is how the clock was handled, but I guess it came out in our favor. After each play when the clock should have been stopped (when we were on offense), there was a good 4-5 seconds where the clock kept running.

alcoafan72: Man, any self-respecting Alcoa fan would know that the correct spelling is "T-O-R-N-A-D-O-E-S"

SCHS Players: you have nothing to be ashamed of. You shut down one of our best players...that hadn't been done all year.

If any of our fans were disrespectful to SCHS fans, I am really embarrassed and sorry that happened. Please do not think that all Alcoa fans are like that. The majority of us are very respectful to the opposing team's fans.

Edited by tornadogold

There's no doubt about that. I am not slighting your team in any way. Your record speaks for itself. You are 4a...they are 2a.

I didn't take it as a slight. A lot of years Alcoa will have 3-4 kids that is more talented than anyone on Maryville's team. Where Maryville almost always beats Alcoa is on the LOS and in depth. This season it was a little different. Alcoa matched up better on the LOS. Also Maryville had the best player on the field in Tyler Maples.