Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be another tough one for MP!! I think MP must contain JCS offense, which seems to be a lot like JB! I think JCS will try to do just the same as every other team MP has played, which is contain Dailey! This game will probably be a tougher game in which we have to go on the road, and it will be a rowdy environment!! But you know "THE JUNGLE" is rolling in and look to be pretty rowdy ourselves. Go Tigers!!

hahahahahahahahaaaaa naaaawwwww ya think? :thumb: he's just the only guy that ever touches the ball...don't go pullin the RB stats on me either...ya'll never use him, what, 10 plays the entire game?

all kiddin aside, i'm lookin forward to this

but ugh its buggin me...2 great teams facin each other...n yet every team we've faced so far its always been the same story...one amazing guy w/ a solid supporting cast (hats off to mckenzie being the exception to the story...yall had several threats)...bracey, springer, and now introducing the amaaaaaaazing marco daily...this is gonna be fuuuuuuuuun!

Okay, you want to know MY prediction? I predict no less than a hard fought nail-biter till the bitter end, one team will advance to State, the other team will go home, there will be a lot of crying on both teams, win or lose,... and I won't have a voice on Saturday!

As someone mentioned earlier, this is Mt. Pleasant's first trip to the semi-finals, so we're all pretty excited. This far into the playoffs, you KNOW both teams are really good, nobody makes it this far on luck. In a game like this, anything can happen. You can bet I'll be there, making as much noise as I can.

Marco is a phenom, and is a joy to watch, but if ALL of our boys don't show up to play ball, we don't have a chance. If you young men happen to be reading this thread, don't let any of this play with your head. You need to practice harder and better this week than you have all season. In other words, you need to be perfect. Can you be perfect? (Sorry, I had to say that.)

Mt. Pleasant is proud of Marco and his accomplishments, as any town would be when they have a guy who makes a legitimate run at making football history. I'm a little surprised that even some of Mt. Pleasant's faithful put such emphasis on his importance, though. I love to watch the kid play, but imagine him trying to put up those kind of numbers if every other kid on the team wasn't doing his job. It wouldn't happen. He's good, but he's not magic. Jo Byrns kept a pretty tight leash on him most of the night, and even sacked him a couple of times when the offensive line broke down. I think Tuck would agree, he would have been able to tackle Dailey more than 7 times if he could've gotten to him more. I say we give props to the WHOLE program, the coaches, and all the other kids on the team to let them know their efforts are every bit as important as Marco's.

I can't wait for Friday night, and I hope we're prepared for the battle of the season, so far. Good luck to both teams. Win or lose, I pray we stay injury free, and in the off chance the good Lord has time to watch football, I pray the Tigers win by at least 14. (I would say just win, but I'm not sure my heart can take another game like the one against Jo Byrns.)

Most importantly, remember to keep it real,... it's all about the kids! :thumb:

Okay, you want to know MY prediction? I predict no less than a hard fought nail-biter till the bitter end, one team will advance to State, the other team will go home, there will be a lot of crying on both teams, win or lose,... and I won't have a voice on Saturday!

As someone mentioned earlier, this is Mt. Pleasant's first trip to the semi-finals, so we're all pretty excited. This far into the playoffs, you KNOW both teams are really good, nobody makes it this far on luck. In a game like this, anything can happen. You can bet I'll be there, making as much noise as I can.

Marco is a phenom, and is a joy to watch, but if ALL of our boys don't show up to play ball, we don't have a chance. If you young men happen to be reading this thread, don't let any of this play with your head. You need to practice harder and better this week than you have all season. In other words, you need to be perfect. Can you be perfect? (Sorry, I had to say that.)

Mt. Pleasant is proud of Marco and his accomplishments, as any town would be when they have a guy who makes a legitimate run at making football history. I'm a little surprised that even some of Mt. Pleasant's faithful put such emphasis on his importance, though. I love to watch the kid play, but imagine him trying to put up those kind of numbers if every other kid on the team wasn't doing his job. It wouldn't happen. He's good, but he's not magic. Jo Byrns kept a pretty tight leash on him most of the night, and even sacked him a couple of times when the offensive line broke down. I think Tuck would agree, he would have been able to tackle Dailey more than 7 times if he could've gotten to him more. I say we give props to the WHOLE program, the coaches, and all the other kids on the team to let them know their efforts are every bit as important as Marco's.

I can't wait for Friday night, and I hope we're prepared for the battle of the season, so far. Good luck to both teams. Win or lose, I pray we stay injury free, and in the off chance the good Lord has time to watch football, I pray the Tigers win by at least 14. (I would say just win, but I'm not sure my heart can take another game like the one against Jo Byrns.)

Most importantly, remember to keep it real,... it's all about the kids! :thumb:

Dadgum good post. I agree totally. Like I said last week" This week you will have to stay on your blocks a second longer, hit the holes a little harder, run your routes a little crisper, and play your fakes out a little better. Do all these things and more then line back up and do them again and you can win the game. If the chips are down you pick them up, don't wait on your team mate. You have the talent and desire. You just have to prove it again on Friday night. Work Hard! Play Harder!!

hahahahahahahahaaaaa naaaawwwww ya think? :thumb: he's just the only guy that ever touches the ball...don't go pullin the RB stats on me either...ya'll never use him, what, 10 plays the entire game?

but ugh its buggin me...2 great teams facin each other...n yet every team we've faced so far its always been the same story...one amazing guy w/ a solid supporting cast (hats off to mckenzie being the exception to the story...yall had several threats)...bracey, springer, and now introducing the amaaaaaaazing marco daily...this is gonna be fuuuuuuuuun!

Hes better then Bracey and Springer, but u dont have to believe me if u dont want too. I'm not gonna argue w/ ya when u will find out for urself soon enuff.

Keep it up cottonman, MP's kids love to hear ppl talk about the "one man show" They feed off it. PLEASE send more.