Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from the post it doesn't sound like ooltewah can be stopped running or passing

It also is apparent they can not be run on and maybe just maybe you might be able to complete a pass or 2 per game

I just hope smyrna can make a game of it enough to make it worth the drive

A friend of mine said it best smyrna is like someone being let in free to $25,000 buy in poker tournament for a million dollars

they can only win it because they have nothing to lose

they ain't supposed to be here!!

I BELIEVE

Dude what a corny phrase...."I Believe".......Smyrna is here not because they believe, but because they are a better team than Riverdale. The Fulmer Syndrome has been exercised by Shad. Smyrna Will Be Sate Champs!

I meant moreso at the 5A level because there are a number of 5A schools in Middle Tennessee that have played for the "chip" in the past 10 years. But this notion that the real football is played in the East is laughable. You must have forgotten about all the private school powers in Middle Tennessee like MBA, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Ezell-Harding, Donelson Christian Academy, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Battle Ground Academy, ......all of whom have played in title games in the past 10 years. Other than Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, D-B, and Red Bank's Gerald Riggs years, who in the East has consistently been good?? Shoot, I can't name another contender. Sevier County was good in the late 1990's with Matthews, Youell, and those guys. D-B can't get out of the first round and plays in an athletically inferior region. Your argument doesn't stick.

Murfreesboro Riverdale, Murfreesboro Oakland, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Franklin, Nashville Glencliff, and Hendersonville are Middle Tennessee 5A schools that have played for titles in the past 10 years. I admit that this is somewhat skewed by the East/West split that sends some Nashville area schools West in the playoffs, but the point is that these teams play each other with regularity, scrimmage and play 7 on 7 in the summers, and are ready for the playoff wars. Trust me, Ooltewah may beat Smyrna, but its not going to be because the Bulldogs were "WOWED" by their speed. I mean, there is the potential for a Ravenwood- Smyrna game next week. Those schools are 20 mintues apart (if you know the Rocky Fork backcut) and have already played in a heated game less than two months ago.

I agree that on the 5A level Middle has the better track record, but East has dominated 4A, 3A, and 2A.Maryville is the best in the state bar none. Thier record over the last five years proves that. Alcoa, Knox Catholic and Fulton aren't 5A, but they could take care of most 5A schools. Ooltewah may not have the history, but they are the best team in 5A this year. You will find this out Friday night. It could be a sweep for the east from 5a down this year.

Dude what a corny phrase...."I Believe".......Smyrna is here not because they believe, but because they are a better team than Riverdale. The Fulmer Syndrome has been exercised by Shad. Smyrna Will Be Sate Champs!

once again for ooltewah posters bdogg is a riverdale supporter that tries to come on and make smyrna look bad

just ck last week before the riverdale game he was all obnoxious with bravado and hated riverdale but------- after they lost he was no where to be found. Not a single word of gloating at all absolutely zero post. he just showed up today to stir things up he is I repeat ( and others can back me up) no smyrna fan so dis regard his post

I BELIEVE

he would be a good one to put on the ignore list.

Ooltewah is already overlooking smyrna, (let me remind you this same thing happened in the riverdale game) smyrna coaches will watch a lot of tapes and they will have the team ready to play.

Wow! I did not go to Ooltewah, but it is amazing that so many folks from Smyrna keep saying that the Owls are overlooking Smyrna. Based upon what? These posters? :lol: I have seen the results of this team and they are not the kind of team to overlook another team.

This is a very young team that has stayed surprisingly focused and continues to take one game at a time. I guess, you don't know much about Coach Monroe either; three state championships--I think he knows how to get a team prepared.

My guess that no one this late in the playoffs is overlooking anyone. As I said in an earlier post, these kinds of comments only reveal the uncertainty of some of the Smyrna fans, who aren't quite sure what to expect, so they hope that Ooltewah is overlooking them. I think they will be ready just as your team will be ready.

I hope Ooltewah just kills yall friday just to shut you up!!! Good gosh you get on my nerves and i am just reading your ignorant post! If you are going to go back 10 years why stop there?? We should go all the way back to the 1950`s!!! Do some searching and i will promise you there is a heck of a lot more tradition in east Tennessee than up there and a lot more gold balls in trophy cases than your schools up there!!! PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!!! IGNORANT FOOL!!!!! sorry Ooltewah fans for making us look bad by saying that but some people are goobers!!!

OOOOHHHHH, Touchy, touchy. Man, it would be one thing if my facts were wrong, but I came at you with researched logic. The ten year thing is applicable because a lot of these powers have had consistency in staffs and styles in their programs during that time. So, where was I wrong Mr. Wise Guy Vol Man???

I meant moreso at the 5A level because there are a number of 5A schools in Middle Tennessee that have played for the "chip" in the past 10 years. But this notion that the real football is played in the East is laughable. You must have forgotten about all the private school powers in Middle Tennessee like MBA, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Ezell-Harding, Donelson Christian Academy, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Battle Ground Academy, ......all of whom have played in title games in the past 10 years. Other than Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, D-B, and Red Bank's Gerald Riggs years, who in the East has consistently been good?? Shoot, I can't name another contender. Sevier County was good in the late 1990's with Matthews, Youell, and those guys. D-B can't get out of the first round and plays in an athletically inferior region. Your argument doesn't stick.

Murfreesboro Riverdale, Murfreesboro Oakland, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Franklin, Nashville Glencliff, and Hendersonville are Middle Tennessee 5A schools that have played for titles in the past 10 years. I admit that this is somewhat skewed by the East/West split that sends some Nashville area schools West in the playoffs, but the point is that these teams play each other with regularity, scrimmage and play 7 on 7 in the summers, and are ready for the playoff wars. Trust me, Ooltewah may beat Smyrna, but its not going to be because the Bulldogs were "WOWED" by their speed. I mean, there is the potential for a Ravenwood- Smyrna game next week. Those schools are 20 mintues apart (if you know the Rocky Fork backcut) and have already played in a heated game less than two months ago.

If you want to go back 10 years, then you must include the Maryville of the 1990's, Cleveland, which of course is Benny Monroe's old stomping grounds.

I dont think it would be accurate to consider a Week 0 game when talking about a team in the post season. I'm not just saying that because I'm an Owl fan. A lot has happened in 13 games. Kids grow up, coaches see what works and what doesn't. It can just be a totally different team!

One score that sticks out to me on Smyrna's schedule: Riverdale 49, Smyrna 0.

I know Smyrna won when it counted last week, but this shows there is an obvious vulnerability. I hope Coach Monroe can get the game film for that week from Riverdale! We need to do whatever they did! Haha!

49-0 is 49-0 no matter how you slice it...and it was later in the season. What in the world happened????? Seriously, I'm asking a serious question.

they played better defense they stayed in their gaps and attacked the line of scrimmage the only way to play against a wing T espcially if you dont throw it any if you have a displined defense and stay in your gaps you can slow it down and stop it from scoring and that is what they did they didnt fall for the mis direction and they counted on the next guy to make the play over there ins tead of leaving their gap. which i why i dont think a wing T offense can ever win a state championship in 5 A the defenses are too good

i think the owls win this one but i truly hope smyrna wins i dont know if they will get of their high of beating Riverdale in time to win this game i hope i am wrong but i will be their supporting SMYRNA

You can't really compare this arguement. Simply because Nashville 5A schools get a 2 to 1 shot on the East Tennessee schools. There are 2 Regions in Nashville, one which splits to the west (which is not every year; but normally is weaker than East Tennessee Football) and then you have a region that splits into the east division in the playoffs. So Nashville has a shot to get 2 teams in the Championship game every year where as 5A teams from East Tennessee only get a shot at putting 1 team in it a year. So it is really unfair to compare whick section of the state has had more teams in the Championship game. I understand your arguement but it just isn't really fair. If you think it is then if East Tennessee gets a team in half as much as Nashville area schools then it should be called even.

And not to mention The Region from Nashville that goes East and all those East Tennessee schools have to deal with Riverdale every year!!!

Well this is my analysis after hearing a bit about the Owls and talking to some of the players this week. Smyrna is very focused on the Owls, they are over the Riverdale win, the only thing that I am some-what worried about is the fact that they have never really had any experiance against the Owls. However, film should have disected the ways of there offense in a way. In my opinion the best way to stop a "Balanced Offense" Is to play it straight up Cover 2. Have your stunts ready and your cornerback blitzes ready. If Smyrna gets pressure in the backfield and makes the QB make some bad decisions (As I have heard he actually DOES NOT turn the ball over much||EDIT||) and force the run it could make this game somewhat of a "Field Possesion" game. The run defense for the Owls is pretty good, I expect to see a lot of HALF BACK DRAWS to get the owls in some man-to-man coverage and Throw to Rod and Jesse (if he is ready to play) And or Josh Crouch. Doing that would allow some points to be put on the board. Like I said last game against Riverdale, SPECIAL TEAMS will be very important. Kick-off coverage and also Extra Points and Field goals. Look for Smyrna to put up early field goals over risks to see if Hosford (SP?) Can hit them tonight. Maybe this will finally be Rod. Wilks game to show-case his talent to more scouts to prove he isnt just a regular season WR/PR/KR. Good luck to both teams. I think Smyrna's big hits on defense rattle the YOUNG Owls and put them in a shell-shocked position and pull off the "upset" as some people are saying so.

24-14 Smyrna Wins in a close one, closer than the score, that is!

Edited by t3a cups