Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait just a second??? How come everyone is talking about what a great QB Gray is and what a passing threat Smyrna is???

If I'm reading these stats correctly from this past week's Quarterfinal win over Riverdale, Sonny Gray had:

3 completions in 8 attempts for 92 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT!

I sure hope he has the same stellar performance against the Owls this week!

Here's the stats: Smyrna 9, Riverdale 7

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Wait just a second??? How come everyone is talking about what a great QB Gray is and what a passing threat Smyrna is???

If I'm reading these stats correctly from this past week's Quarterfinal win over Riverdale, Sonny Gray had:

3 completions in 8 attempts for 92 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT!

I sure hope he has the same stellar performance against the Owls this week!

you may not know this but riverdale has a great D! Riverdale has only allowed 54 points starting with week 2. Smyrna's qb will step up this friday, i have confidence. IT should still be a good game. GO BULLDOGS!

I BELIEVE!

Ooltewah doesn't play anyone. The team i did notice is Cookeville. Cookeville lost to Lavergne which Smyrna beat 24-0. Smyrna plays in the toughest Region in 5A. The only losses that Smyrna has is against Riverdale( which we later beat) and Ravenwood (the 5A defending state champions). Smyrna has had a good year, so lets see how they play under the lights on Friday.

I BELIEVE!

Edited by smyrna=statechamps06

actually those metal bleachers are for the visiting band...just thought id let you know

That is mixed up. The Raptor Nation Band sits with the fans in the stands and some of the overflow fans sit in the metal bleachers. That was the case when we played Smyrna. I didn't see the Smyrna doing any thing about it and we will not have it any other way.

I'm sure Smyrna will be more accommodating to the Owl's since this is the playoffs.

smyrna=statechamps06 makes a good point. The toughest opponent Ooltewah has played is Farragut which the second time around did not have there starting QB I believe, thats a pretty easy schedule to get through in my opinion. However the Smyrna schedule was much harder. Keep in mind, the referees for the Ravenwood game are NOT allowed to ever ref at Smyrna again, thats how bad the refs were the night Ravenwood at Smyrna on Smyrna's Homecoming game. The game was horribly officiated with a Smyrna touchdown being called back and in the same drive 5 other penalties, this is not a joke. A flag was thrown on the Ravenwood side and they picked the flag up because they were "Throwing too many flags" Fortunately enough it was on Ravenwood ey? :angry: @.@ But anyways yeah Smyrna's Schedule was harder than Ooltewahs but we will see who is better Friday night.

smyrna=statechamps06 makes a good point. The toughest opponent Ooltewah has played is Farragut which the second time around did not have there starting QB I believe, thats a pretty easy schedule to get through in my opinion. However the Smyrna schedule was much harder. Keep in mind, the referees for the Ravenwood game are NOT allowed to ever ref at Smyrna again, thats how bad the refs were the night Ravenwood at Smyrna on Smyrna's Homecoming game. The game was horribly officiated with a Smyrna touchdown being called back and in the same drive 5 other penalties, this is not a joke. A flag was thrown on the Ravenwood side and they picked the flag up because they were "Throwing too many flags" Fortunately enough it was on Ravenwood ey? :angry: @.@ But anyways yeah Smyrna's Schedule was harder than Ooltewahs but we will see who is better Friday night.

Yea those calls were pretty whack! lol

Here is a crazy stat for all the Owl fans

Ooltewah has average 34.4 points with scoring drives totaling a TOP average of 12:30 seconds.

To make it crystal clear for those who dnk the Owls on average all season can score 5 yes 5 touchdowns in just one quarter of play. WOW! Go Owls!

They strike quick and they strike early.

"One for the Ring FINGER"

You can't really compare this arguement. Simply because Nashville 5A schools get a 2 to 1 shot on the East Tennessee schools. There are 2 Regions in Nashville, one which splits to the west (which is not every year; but normally is weaker than East Tennessee Football) and then you have a region that splits into the east division in the playoffs. So Nashville has a shot to get 2 teams in the Championship game every year where as 5A teams from East Tennessee only get a shot at putting 1 team in it a year. So it is really unfair to compare whick section of the state has had more teams in the Championship game. I understand your arguement but it just isn't really fair. If you think it is then if East Tennessee gets a team in half as much as Nashville area schools then it should be called even.

And not to mention The Region from Nashville that goes East and all those East Tennessee schools have to deal with Riverdale every year!!!

This is a good point of West vs. Middle vs. East.

I was curios to see how the numbers broke down though so I looked it up. The representation of regions (W,M,E) for teams that made the state championship finals for all classes is as follows. I'll also admit that I did the best I could to identify if a team was W, M or E. I used Chattanooga and east as E and the W line was a little hazy, but I generally drew it a little east of Jackson. I could have done it by tssaa regions (1,2,3, etc), but I didn't feel like looking into it that much :angry:

1995 - 2005

W - 52

M - 68

E - 36

2000 - 2005

W - 34

M - 37

E - 23

However, I would disagree with multiplying east or west times 2 to equal middle. I think it would actually be more like 1.5. If this were the case the breakdown would look like this:

1995 - 2005

W - 52 * 1.5 = 78

M - 68

E - 36 * 1.5 = 54

2000 - 2005

W - 34 * 1.5 = 51

M - 37

E - 23 * 1.5 = 34.5

If this were the case it would be W, M and E in that order for the past 5 and 10 yrs, which to me is suprising that W has been so successful so quitely (at least to me it seems). However, if I recall correctly from tallying the numbers alot of the west is from smaller D2 classifications, which I don't keep up with much. But, take that for what it's worth.

Maybe I'll break it down by classification one day and see how it looks...

Edited by montana