Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you going to learn Big County...........Never bet against the East! East Tennessee Rules! :angry:

It makes you look bad on the Big Ones Picks! B)

-BlountCountySportsFan

I didn't make any picks last week on The Big Ones which means that I am now eliminated from the playoff race to a championship in that department. You can see on the other thread though that I originally had PC beating Fulton in this round and I can't go and change my mind now. That would make people question me :huh::huh::o

I didn't make any picks last week on The Big Ones which means that I am now eliminated from the playoff race to a championship in that department. You can see on the other thread though that I originally had PC beating Fulton in this round and I can't go and change my mind now. That would make people question me :lol:;):lol:

Look I played on the past pearl cohn teams that won state back in 96-97 and something i see in this team is that they are determined. these kids have good athletes but they have even bigger hearts, and in my mind this team reminds me of the 96 team they are hungry and i dont think nobody is going to get in the way of them making it to murfreesboro. GO FIREBIRDS!!!!!!

PC has a good team, but I think Fulton will be able to win this game. Friday nights win was a big win, and lets hope that they don't get to confident, because since the start of the season everyone has said that 3A will be won between Fulton or Catholic.

I don't know much about the teams from East Tennesse except for what I read. I have heard a lot about Fulton since this summer. I was a little surprised to hear them beat Catholic in the rematch. If they are as good as advertised I think they will win this game, because Pearl Cohn has been inconsistent this season. However, I hope PC represents middle TN well and pulls it out at home.

You forgot the other receivers that are 6'4 & 6'2 not to mention the 6'3 250lbs. tight end :lol:

They have a quarterback and a running back who can hurt Fulton also. Trust me when I say I've seen both teams play this year. I saw PC last night against Sycamore and I saw Fulton on CSS this year against Alcoa. Both teams have athletes and like ShaneC said Stinson must play well for the Falcons to compete. They don't have Wagner any longer and that means that Jock has to step up again to make the offense versitile. Otherwise the Firebirds defense will eventually take over.

I like Deaunte & Rashad Mason to make just enough plays in the end to push the Firebirds to victory at home and get to the Boro :lol:

This is going to be a great game without a doubt B)

I promise you if PC's defense takes over against this Fulton team then my hats off to them. I'm sure the Firebirds have some fine athlete's and they play with a lot of heart, but you haven't seen a team of athlete's like Fulton has. I have never seen PC play but I have seen Station Camp play and PC barely escaped out of that game with a win. I believe Fulton would handle them with ease. I really believe Fulton wins in a blowout 40 or 50 to maybe 14.

I promise you if PC's defense takes over against this Fulton team then my hats off to them. I'm sure the Firebirds have some fine athlete's and they play with a lot of heart, but you haven't seen a team of athlete's like Fulton has. I have never seen PC play but I have seen Station Camp play and PC barely escaped out of that game with a win. I believe Fulton would handle them with ease. I really believe Fulton wins in a blowout 40 or 50 to maybe 14.

Region 4-3A was awfully tough this year as I said all year that it was the best region in Class 3A from top-to-bottom in terms of competitiveness. PC, Sycamore, Station Camp, White House, & Macon Co. were all exceptionally good teams this year that were playoff worthy. That was proven by the sweep posted in the first round. The two second round games between 4-3A's four playoff teams saw two reversed results from what happened in those particular games back during the regular season. I do feel like the region's best team athletically is the team representing the region in this week's state semifinals.

Pearl-Cohn held Station Camp to a total of 3 FIRST DOWNS when those two teams played one another. The final score said 21-16 but that did not even come close to telling the story to that one. Randall Toney, who led the state in rushing at the time, ended the game with a total of 14 yards on 12 carries. The Bisons scored on a short field (inside the 10 yard line of PC), thanks to a punt disaster on PC's part, and they also returned a kickoff for a TD. Outside of that the Firebirds really controlled the contest from the outset and won it by making plays in the fourth quarter.

That is a classic case of my point being proven. Somewhere along the line Fulton QB Jock Stinson, who I saw play in the Alcoa game on television, is going to have to make some plays with his arm. Freeney is a weapon out there who's got the potential to make any QB look good so he's the guy who really must step his game up a notch. Otherwise Rogan is going to find yards tough to come by and the Falcons are going to find winning this one tough to come by as well.

That's just my opinion on this one though and I have been known for being wrong numerous times in the past as you know :blink:

8Im not real familiar with the fulton boys, however i am all too familiar with pearl. I played for sycamore and they arent a fluke or a joke. TRUE CONTENDERS! They have alot of dangerous players and a defense that will flat out get to the ball. I think pearl is gonna make some noise in this one. look for a close physical game. Fulton is physical right. if not its already over. From a sycamore player (#9) best of luck pearl and bring it home for 4-3a!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Region 4-3A was awfully tough this year as I said all year that it was the best region in Class 3A from top-to-bottom in terms of competitiveness. PC, Sycamore, Station Camp, White House, & Macon Co. were all exceptionally good teams this year that were playoff worthy. That was proven by the sweep posted in the first round. The two second round games between 4-3A's four playoff teams saw two reversed results from what happened in those particular games back during the regular season. I do feel like the region's best team athletically is the team representing the region in this week's state semifinals.

Pearl-Cohn held Station Camp to a total of 3 FIRST DOWNS when those two teams played one another. The final score said 21-16 but that did not even come close to telling the story to that one. Randall Toney, who led the state in rushing at the time, ended the game with a total of 14 yards on 12 carries. The Bisons scored on a short field (inside the 10 yard line of PC), thanks to a punt disaster on PC's part, and they also returned a kickoff for a TD. Outside of that the Firebirds really controlled the contest from the outset and won it by making plays in the fourth quarter.

That is a classic case of my point being proven. Somewhere along the line Fulton QB Jock Stinson, who I saw play in the Alcoa game on television, is going to have to make some plays with his arm. Freeney is a weapon out there who's got the potential to make any QB look good so he's the guy who really must step his game up a notch. Otherwise Rogan is going to find yards tough to come by and the Falcons are going to find winning this one tough to come by as well.

That's just my opinion on this one though and I have been known for being wrong numerous times in the past as you know B)

That's right cbarkley. B)

And Region 7 was better.