Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Fulton on the win in a game that I can personally best describe as "sloppy" :thumb:

How many flags were thrown tonight?????? Both teams really killed themselves with silly penalties that hampered scoring opportunities. There were even some instances in which flags flew ONLY TO LATER BE PUT BACK UP WITH NOTHING HAVING BEEN CALLED :thumb:

All in all I'd like to say that I was really impressed with four players out there tonight. First there is the obvious one in Dennis Rogan. He has the speed and quickness plus the size and power to play in the SEC. The next two should be mentioned together because they were really the force that helped Fulton win tonight. I'm talking about the Falcons two interior tackles in James Higgins and Antonio Hamilton. Finally for Pearl-Cohn I walked away very impressed by the effort and overall talent of Rashad Mason. All four of thoe young men will play and succeed at the next level.

I'd like to close by saying congrats to Pearl-Cohn on a great season. The state semifinals are nothing to be ashamed of and coach Tony Brunetti, as well as his staff, deserves a big congrats for his job this year. Returning both quarterback Deaunte Mason and running back Deaveon Gregory on offense and the duo of Howard Griffin and Dominique Sweatt on defense will make the Firebirds one of my early favorites to be right back in this position next year.

Next up for Fulton: THE CLASS 3A STATE TITLE GAME AGAINST THE DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS!!!!!

Show me some luv, I called this victory so now, I'm 2-3 for the season.. LOL, Congratulations East Tennessee Teams.. I hope to be in attendance next weekend.

Kudos to Turtle .... I really thought when you picked Falcons to win it was the kiss of death ... . Thanks for your support ... just keepin it real .... just got back from game ... I saw so much yellow it was unbelievable ...

Referees were ridiculous last night. Fulton had like 185 penalty yards to roughly 55 for Pearl-Cohn :thumb: Still, the Falcons went behind enemy lines and got it done. The Firebirds just could not do anything with Dennis Rogan. I have to hand it to the Rashad Mason kid though, kid's a heck of a wide receiver. The tight end (#83) wasn't too bad himself. P-C had a very tall, athletic football team, but Fulton did what they needed to do. Now.....back to the home away from home for the Falcons....Murfreesboro!!!!

Actually, Rogan rushed for 255 and had 140 receiving yards last night. It was a great performance any way you look at it.

Dennis Rogan is a GREAT PLAYER!!! He led his team to victory and seemed to make a play everytime his team was in a tight situation last night (ie the final play of the third period on that screen pass).

In order for the Fulton Falcons to win it all they are going to have to complete the sweep over three of the top four teams in Class 3A (with themselves obviously being the other). Knoxville Catholic was a great team that got eliminated by Fulton. Pearl-Cohn was a great team that got eliminated by Fulton. David Lipscomb??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Next Saturday should be interesting....................................................

What is wrong with the refs they are throwing a flag on Fulton EVERY PLAY!

Fulton is going to be more talented than DL as well next week but last night they just proved to me that they can at times self destruct. It doesn't mean that they aren't a "great team" because they are but.......

1.) they block in a back on a big run down the field on the second play of the game.

2.) they then turn right around on the next play and hit a screen pass for big yardage but it gets called back for yet another block in the back.

3.) they are good but at times their players need to just shut their mouths and get back in the huddle. Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties when you have a team facing a potential 3rd & 14 are unacceptable.

4.) their offensive linemen need to quit getting lazy and holding when they are forced into passing situations (namely #77).

5.) COACHING!!!! When you have a 20-12 lead in the third quarter and you're faced with 4th & 1 from your own 40 PUNT THE FOOTBALL!!!!! Do not do that against DL next week because they are going to score everytime you give them a short field (the INT right before halftime in which PC failed to score can also be brought up).

Fulton is a "great team" no question about it HOWEVER if they did all of those little things correctly then they'd never lose a game. SERIOUSLY!!!!

Big Country while i agree about the penalties and going for it on 4th and 1, i do have to say that A LOT of those penalties where unnessary...A 6'6 reciever and a 5'9 defender and very little contact=pass interference...also, late in the 4th quarter pearl cohn had 3 illegal substitutions that went uncalled...I thought the officials did a very poor job in this game...IE the 7 yard false start penalty :) HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??