Ravenwood vs. White Station

CHS 2007

Ravenwood wins this one because their line will dominate White Station's...having played against Ravenwood I know how strong that O-Line play is and their coaching staff does an excellent job of exploiting other teams' alignments, COVERAGES, etc. I would like to see the hometown team win and I think Coach Wright is one of the best around, but I just can't find it in me to go for White Station.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravenwood wins this one because their line will dominate White Station's...having played against Ravenwood I know how strong that O-Line play is and their coaching staff does an excellent job of exploiting other teams' alignments, COVERAGES, etc. I would like to see the hometown team win and I think Coach Wright is one of the best around, but I just can't find it in me to go for White Station.

Ravenwood wins this one because their line will dominate White Station's......

I would like to see the hometown team win and I think Coach Wright is one of the best around, but I just can't find it in me to go for White Station.

Rhsplaya55,

I can understand where you're coming from, since RW and WS are long-time HATED rivals.... I can relate, but get a load of this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collierville High is my Alma Mater. I graduated 25+ years ago.

Germantown is everybit as much a long-time hated rival of mine as White Station is yours...Yet, believe it or not (and I can't believe I'm actually admitting this, publicly) I drove all the way up to Murfreesboro way back in 2003, to root FOR Germantown to beat Riverdale in the 5A Championship game...it was around 15 to 20 degrees outside that night, if my memory is working.

The Germantown Red Devils won the State Title that year!

Germantown's big victory over Riverdale made me one very happy camper. That's right--I was one happy, frozen Memphian! Why--because Germantown (in my mind) represented ALL of Memphis. I put aside my hatred for them, just for one day.

Just in case a fellow Collierville Dragon spotted me rooting for the Germantown Red Devils....I had already composed and rehearsed my contrived alibi: Hey--I contracted a severe case of brain freeze! :D

By the way, I resumed hating my (Collierville's) long-time rival, Germantown, the very next day....I still hate them now. Yeah, that's right. Over 25 years later--I still despise Germantown! :thumb:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RhysPlaya55, I respectfully ask you to consider doing the same, where the White Station Spartans are concerned. I promise--I won't tell anyone! :) Remember: you can always plead "temporary insanity," should a fellow Ridgeway Roadrunner call you out on it! :)

Come on, RhsPlayer, say it with me: Go White Station. Beat Ravenwood.

Hey PAPAW...have been "laying low" trying to get over our loss. Went to the Wooddale-WSHS game Friday night and boy was it hard to watch...Where was the DEFENSE??? Can't tell you how many times I heard "we should be playing," but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Cooley can't go to a county school b/c you can't "double dip" there. He has to go out of state or private. As for it being the "best kept secret" there was never a secret to keep. Everyone has known all along he planned to leave MCS after this year, but he did not pursue any options until Ridgeway was done. The Briarcrest thing was a shock b/c rumors had been swirling but no one ever contacted him....not sure how his "style" would have fit in over there, anyway!

I am a firm believer in things happen for a reason...kind of like when he applied for the Bartlett job and didn't get it and we won state that year! How many games has Bartlett won since Scott Reed left?

No players I know of plan on taking their coach with them to the next level. I am not sure about Center Hill in Olive Branch. I know there are a couple of other schools in MS that have come open in the last week or so.

I don't think Mr. Long will wait 'til Cooley is gone to start looking for a replacement. He has asked if he would reconsider but that's not going to happen! I think TraderB makes some good points about what will happen at Ridgeway if they don't get someone good in there. It should be interesting to see what happens.

As for the Ravenwood-WSHS game, I will be pulling for my alma mater, WSHS, but I think they have a very tough road in front of them and will have to play better than they did last Friday night to win.

Yep that loss hurt, and then to see that many points scored in the next game, that just opened up the hurt again. What, Ridgeway had to play 3 games to give up 23/28 points. Of course it took them 2/3 games to score that many. :thumb:

I'm pulling for W/Station because they are the only Memphis team left in this thing. R/Wood is not the team we faced last year. I think they have 4 losses, last year they had 1 to a private power house. Did you see the post about moveing the game to MUS or CBHS? Wouldn't parking and tailgateing be a problem at these sites? I don't see it happening because I just don't see either place being rent free.

Hope everything works out for coach, didn't know that about the county. Sure is some strainge rules when it comes to teachers pay and years of service. Someone tryed to explain it to me one time, didn't make any sense to me. If I manage a business for years and apply for another job those years help me increase my salary not decrease it?????

Rhsplaya55,

I can understand where you're coming from, since RW and WS are long-time HATED rivals.... I can relate, but get a load of this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collierville High is my Alma Mater. I graduated 25+ years ago.

Germantown is everybit as much a long-time hated rival of mine as White Station is yours...Yet, believe it or not (and I can't believe I'm actually admitting this, publicly) I drove all the way up to Murfreesboro way back in 2003, to root FOR Germantown to beat Riverdale in the 5A Championship game...it was around 15 to 20 degrees outside that night, if my memory is working.

The Germantown Red Devils won the State Title that year!

Germantown's big victory over Riverdale made me one very happy camper. That's right--I was one happy, frozen Memphian! Why--because Germantown (in my mind) represented ALL of Memphis. I put aside my hatred for them, just for one day.

Just in case a fellow Collierville Dragon spotted me rooting for the Germantown Red Devils....I had already composed and rehearsed my contrived alibi: Hey--I contracted a severe case of brain freeze! :thumb:

By the way, I resumed hating my (Collierville's) long-time rival, Germantown, the very next day....I still hate them now. Yeah, that's right. Over 25 years later--I still despise Germantown! :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RhysPlaya55, I respectfully ask you to consider doing the same, where the White Station Spartans are concerned. I promise--I won't tell anyone! :) Remember: you can always plead "temporary insanity," should a fellow Ridgeway Roadrunner call you out on it! :D

Come on, RhsPlayer, say it with me: Go White Station. Beat Ravenwood.

This I got to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

This I got to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Me too, PAPAW. Even I can't convince him. Although he does like Coach Wright...maybe he will come around. We have a few days to work on him...I could even teach him the words to the White Station fight song...somehow, I just don't see it happening - says he doesn't even care to go to the game with us. What's wrong with the boy? (I know, but I can't say it on here!)

Onward Spartans, onward Spartans, fight right through that line...

Yep that loss hurt, and then to see that many points scored in the next game, that just opened up the hurt again. What, Ridgeway had to play 3 games to give up 23/28 points. Of course it took them 2/3 games to score that many. :D

I'm pulling for W/Station because they are the only Memphis team left in this thing. R/Wood is not the team we faced last year. I think they have 4 losses, last year they had 1 to a private power house. Did you see the post about moveing the game to MUS or CBHS? Wouldn't parking and tailgateing be a problem at these sites? I don't see it happening because I just don't see either place being rent free.

Hope everything works out for coach, didn't know that about the county. Sure is some strainge rules when it comes to teachers pay and years of service. Someone tryed to explain it to me one time, didn't make any sense to me. If I manage a business for years and apply for another job those years help me increase my salary not decrease it?????

Yep...I didn't realize this but we were in the locker room last Sunday putting helmets away and Coach said something about the schedule with all the scores on the bulletin board...do you realize that we did not give up more than 7 points in any game this year??????? That is pretty remarkable.

As for Ravenwood, I think they got off to a rough start but have peaked at the right time. Their region is a tough one. They lost some good players last year but it sounds like their QB has matured through the season.

After the game last week, Coach Wright mentioned maybe trying to play at MUS this week-especially if the weather was going to be bad. Coach Wright is an MUS alum so that might have worked out but I think the psychological factor of playing at the Fairgrounds - and the fact the weather is supposed to be good - outweighed that. I think there will be a lot of people at the game so you better get there early to get a seat!

Go White Station! (Come on rhsplaya - you can say it, too!)

Edited by crc

Yep that loss hurt, and then to see that many points scored in the next game, that just opened up the hurt again. What, Ridgeway had to play 3 games to give up 23/28 points. Of course it took them 2/3 games to score that many. :D

Hope everything works out for coach, didn't know that about the county. Sure is some strainge rules when it comes to teachers pay and years of service. Someone tryed to explain it to me one time, didn't make any sense to me. If I manage a business for years and apply for another job those years help me increase salary not decrease it?????

We're just hoping your 1 loss team doesn't hurt our little 4 loss kids....! We'll show up and do our best...maybe just maybe we won't embarrass ourselves.

Actually, this team today is every bit as good as last years team.....that nasty old private power house beat us again...missed an extra point in OT...and they just won the DII AAA State Championship.....then we lost our QB for a few games..that wasn't fun...we didn't have an experienced backup....but we're fine now...and are looking forward to a terrific trip to the west....some great food...good company...and a hard fought, clean, well played game.....it should be a fun time. High school football just doesn't get any better than this!

We're just hoping your 1 loss team doesn't hurt our little 4 loss kids....! We'll show up and do our best...maybe just maybe we won't embarrass ourselves.

Actually, this team today is every bit as good as last years team.....that nasty old private power house beat us again...missed an extra point in OT...and they just won the DII AAA State Championship.....then we lost our QB for a few games..that wasn't fun...we didn't have an experienced backup....but we're fine now...and are looking forward to a terrific trip to the west....some great food...good company...and a hard fought, clean, well played game.....it should be a fun time. High school football just doesn't get any better than this!

Being as alot of us are Ridgeway fans, it could be a h--l of alot better.

Hate you lost your qb for a few games. Try loseing him for 10 games, haveing to use the #3 from last year who had change positions and hadn't taken a snap in almost a year. We went 9-1 with a young man who couldn't hit water with a football if he was standing in a boat in the middle of a large lake.

I don't think you have to worry about your "little 4 loss kids" getting hurt. White Station don't hit near as hard as Ridgeway.

Being as alot of us are Ridgeway fans, it could be a h--l of alot better.

Hate you lost your qb for a few games. Try loseing him for 10 games, haveing to use the #3 from last year who had change positions and hadn't taken a snap in almost a year. We went 9-1 with a young man who couldn't hit water with a football if he was standing in a boat in the middle of a large lake.

I don't think you have to worry about your "little 4 loss kids" getting hurt. White Station don't hit near as hard as Ridgeway.

and there is really no need to worry since ridgeway won't be there because they lost :unsure: