next year in region 8aa

turkey

lol...got jokes? that's a pretty good one though...i say the quarterback position hurts milan next year

We will trade a small, fast, scrambling quarter back with a lot of experience for a tall, stronger, passing quarter back with less experience. The experience part wil hurt but thats part of highschool athletics. as for the rest, we will have to wait and see which style qb does the best in one of the toughest regions in the state. All i know is that we have never won state with a scrambling qb. we've won it twice in recent history and come real real close a third time with the tall passing type. Experience will come. I like our chances.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Milan takes the region next year with Peabody and Westview behind them. Good players plus really good coaching will equal another run deep in the playoffs for Milan. Last year, Humboldt was the Adrian Donald show. Unless they have the next big time D1 stud in the area coming up in the backfield, I don't think they have the horses to overcome what may be a lack of good coaching.

I think you guys may be overrating JCS a bit. Last season, they had what was probably the least talented team they've had in 4-5 years, and they lose the only real difference maker on their team in WR/CB and Harding Univ. signee Rashad Raynor. The two games they played up last year saw them getting beat by a below average DCA team and blown out by South Side. They haven't played near the competition that USJ played before moving up. Unfortunately, it looks like they may be on the verge of a down swing right as they're moving up to 2A. Though, they will still have good QB play in Matt Hudson and should have a serviceable core of position players for next season.

USJ returns 9-10 starters on offense, but is also losing pretty much their entire D though they still return a bonafide freak of nature in LB Soph-to-be Preston Overbey. It'll be interesting to see how the young talent in those Freshmen and Sophmore classes has progressed from last year to next season. A lot of their success will depend on what kind of improvement QB Hardegree has made on the off season. I also hear they have several solid athletes coming out who didn't play last year.

KD, you are off on your statement that JCS lost only one real difference maker. LB's Seth Doyle and Trey Mangrum were big-time playmakers on defense and will be missed as much as Rayner will. They were more talented that you give them credit for, but I agree that the 2005 team was a lot better. The difference now is, and this takes nothing away from Eric Cohu, but it's coaching.

They'll do better than USJ did in its first foray into AA. I don't think they make the playoffs, but I think they will surprise some people with how well they compete.

• 1 month later...
yeah u got a point there but in all reality we know who really one the region last yr

yes...we do kno who really won region....there is a shirt and everything...along with a patch....i believe it says Region 7-2A champions HUMBOLDT VIKINGS...Can you say repeat...I CAN!!!

it was handed to us? milan is the only team in the region that we lost to...and its not our fault yall had an illegal player..

Do you care to tell all the good folks who are reading this how many illegal players we were using when we beat yall...TWICE? (0) by a combined score of 50-22? Do you care to tell them what the scores of the two region games that we forfeited were? (48-0 and 34-0) and guess where those two teams finished...last and second to last. Guess what the kid was ruled illegal for. They haden't sold their old house yet after they moved and it was out of our district.

There was only one team in region 7-2a last year who was undefeated by region competition on the field and it was not Humboldt! If you think you earned it then I cant stop you but your kidding yourself if you do.

Do you care to tell all the good folks who are reading this how many illegal players we were using when we beat yall...TWICE? (0) by a combined score of 50-22? Do you care to tell them what the scores of the two region games that we forfeited were? (48-0 and 34-0) and guess where those two teams finished...last and second to last. Guess what the kid was ruled illegal for. They haden't sold their old house yet after they moved and it was out of our district.

There was only one team in region 7-2a last year who was undefeated by region competition on the field and it was not Humboldt! If you think you earned it then I cant stop you but your kidding yourself if you do.

Not to get too far off topic but now that JCS is in our region remember former JCS fullback Nick Melton..he was killed in a wreck in Jackson the other night...keep his family in your prayers!!!

it was handed to us? milan is the only team in the region that we lost to...and its not our fault yall had an illegal player..

yes it was handed to u milan was clearly a better team the first time and then beat u again which is hard for any team to do and the ineligable player did not play in game one or 2 so yes u should have been second in the region

1) Peabody

2) Milan

3) Westview

4) JCS

Peabody has the almost same exact team as last year besides LB Josh Holt...Milan lost Lydell which is a BIG LOSS, Kirby which is a big loss but I heard will be replaced by a very talented Bledsoe kid....Westview is Westview...I didn't think they were going to be as good as they turned out to be last year but their defense was KILLIN!!!! JCS will succeed in Reg. 8-2a...call me stupid now but just wait until the season starts....Humboldt lost TOOOOO many key players to be able to bounce back this year...lob the ball to EJ each play and you might get into the playoffs....no Adrian this year sorry folks!!!!

1. Milan

2. Peabody

3. Westveiw

4. Humboldt

5. Dresden

6. Gibson County

7. JCS

8. USJ

Every year in high school football teams loose players that were huge contributors to their success. Some teams can't rebound from the losses, Milan always has. Loosing the starting QB and RB is nothing new. Somebody will step up and take their spot. Milan will succeed regardless of who graduated.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

• 2 weeks later...
yes it was handed to u milan was clearly a better team the first time and then beat u again which is hard for any team to do and the ineligable player did not play in game one or 2 so yes u should have been second in the region

true true true...but in the record books they don't have *lost the region because of having an illegal player..it says humboldt 2006 region champs...go win one this year and get over the whole thing...that's for milan and humboldt folks on here...brand new season...compete over the 2007 region championship and make sure EVERYONE on both teams are settled in the city limits..lol