Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are almost where I said we would be from the start. Hillsboro just another bump in the road. I look for a great game, but I still say

Maryville HERE WE COME!!!

Maryville will be waiting if we take care of biz this Friday. Can't look ahead but you better hope Morristown West is waiting at the Borro rather than worry about Maryville.

Sorry I have to respectfully dissagree; they are 13-0 for a reason. No doubt HC is alot better than their record indicates but I believe that Hillsboro is clearly better than them. I say Burros by 2 TDs if not more; not knocking HC at all, the Burros just have more fire power than HC and they are much more versitile than they have been in the last serveral years (this should really help against Maryville).

ffffrrrrrrtr

ffffrrrrrrtr

???????

Sorry I have to respectfully dissagree; they are 13-0 for a reason. No doubt HC is alot better than their record indicates but I believe that Hillsboro is clearly better than them. I say Burros by 2 TDs if not more; not knocking HC at all, the Burros just have more fire power than HC and they are much more versitile than they have been in the last serveral years (this should really help against Maryville).

Hope your team thinks like you do, looking ahead!

And so when was the last time you saw Henry County play? I can nearly guarantee that they don't have more fire power, maybe equal. You will see when you come to Patriot Stadium!

Glad to know what we need to get ready for Maryville... :thumb:

This will be a tough game for the Burros but I'll think they'll win by 14. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Henry County pull of another huge upset.

I would love to see HC defeat Hillsoro, considering HC is representing this side of the State. My gut tells me that HC will lose, however.

After seeing HC play for the 1st time this season vs Fairley (and getting the rundown on its victory over Melrose), I'm afraid that HCs below average PASS defense is gonna get exposed beyond recovery, by Hillsboro.

HCs porous pass defense is a HUGE problem, going forward!

Melrose gashed HCs secondary but, surprisingly, could not contain HCs running game. Fairley fared somewhat better vs the run than did Melrose, but couldn't muster up enough offense, especially via the pass (HCs weakest defensive link) to pull out a victory.

Fairley's weak-armed, grossly inaccurate QB managed to throw 2 TDs (and those were balls thrown up for grabs, which its high-jump champ receiver caught) but repeatedly missed wide open receivers, all night long. He threw one INT, which was returned for a TD.... Fairley's running game had its moments. Fairley twice shot itself in the foot, with repeated penalties, after driving deep into the Red Zone. This lack of discipline squandered prescious scoring opportunities. Despite all this, Fairley managed to stay in the ballgame.

The point here is not to take anything away from HCs victory over Fairley. HC outplayed Fairley and EARNED its victory. HC deserved to win, IMO....My point is this: If Fairley had better offensive discipline and a decent QB, then this thread could very well be about Fariley vs Hillsboro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If HC is to stand a chance of beating Hillsboro, HCs secondary is literally going to have to improve overnight. Otherwise, HC will likely be in for a long night vs the balanced, disciplined Hillsboro team.

Hillsboro is undefeated, has been scoring a ton of points and doing a respectable job on defense. They're probably still as disciplined a team as in prior years (I've seen them 3 times before). Somehow, I don't think that Hillsboro's new-found balanced offense is gonna have trouble scoring on HCs defense. The only question I have about Hillsboro is---can they stop the run?

Nevertheless, I suspect that HC will get it's share of points (provided McNarl's ankle is 100 %). I'm just afraid that HC will not be able to keep pace with Hillsboro.....I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hillsboro 27 -- Henry County 17

Edited by TraderB

And so when was the last time you saw Henry County play? I can nearly guarantee that they don't have more fire power, maybe equal. You will see when you come to Patriot Stadium!

Glad to know what we need to get ready for Maryville... :lol:

I am not on either side of the fence for this one my man; I am a Springfield guy and I wish we were talking about them against HC instead. I was in Paris this past Friday b/c my gf lives there and I was scouting for Clarksville High for a freind of mine who coaches there. HC has a lot better team than I gave them credit for but as one guy stated their passing defense is really suspect. Fairley dropped a ton of balls not to mention the ones that their QB just missed. Hillsboro's QB wont miss and they have a very good RB to go along with their very good passing game. On top of that they do have a really good defense. As far as them looking past HC to Maryville goes; I believe the wake-up call they got from Mt. Juliet in the 2nd round will prevent that. But hey guys this is football and no matter what any of us say the only thing that matters is what happens on that field Friday night. I just say good luck to both teams and congrats on a great season. Win or lose.......neither team will have anything to hold their heads down about.

I would love to see HC defeat Hillsoro, considering HC is representing this side of the State. My gut tells me that HC will lose, however.

After seeing HC play for the 1st time this season vs Fairley (and getting the rundown on its victory over Melrose), I'm afraid that HCs below average PASS defense is gonna get exposed beyond recovery, by Hillsboro.

HCs porous pass defense is a HUGE problem, going forward!

Melrose gashed HCs secondary but, surprisingly, could not contain HCs running game. Fairley fared somewhat better vs the run than did Melrose, but couldn't muster up enough offense, especially via the pass (HCs

weakest defensive link) to pull out a victory.

Fairley's weak-armed, grossly inaccurate QB managed to throw 2 TDs (and those were balls thrown up for grabs, which its high-jump champ receiver caught) but repeatedly missed wide open receivers, all night long. He threw one INT, which was returned for a TD.... Fairley's running game had its moments. Fairley twice shot itself in the foot, with repeated penalties, after driving deep into the Red Zone. This lack of discipline squandered prescious scoring opportunities. Despite all this, Fairley managed to stay in the ballgame.

The point here is not to take anything away from HCs victory over Fairley. HC outplayed Fairley and EARNED its victory. HC deserved to win, IMO....My point is this: If Fairley had better offensive discipline and a decent QB, then this thread could very well be about Fariley vs Hillsboro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If HC is to stand a chance of beating Hillsboro, HCs secondary is literally going to have to improve overnight. Otherwise, HC will likely be in for a long night vs the balanced, disciplined Hillsboro team.

Hillsboro is undefeated, has been scoring a ton of points and doing a respectable job on defense. They're probably still as disciplined a team as in prior years (I've seen them 3 times before). Somehow, I don't think that Hillsboro's new-found balanced offense is gonna have trouble scoring on HCs defense. The only question I have about Hillsboro is---can they stop the run?

Nevertheless, I suspect that HC will get it's share of points (provided McNarl's ankle is 100 %). I'm just afraid that HC will not be able to keep pace with Hillsboro.....I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hillsboro 27 -- Henry County 17

Since you were at the game, out of curiosity, did you notice the line for Fairley tackling(hoding) all night long? It wasn't called.

:rolleyes: Oh my, it isn't even Monday yet & when I think about this game I get nauseous & as nervous as a teenager driving for the 1st time! I have to say it would be WONDERFUL if others put signs up for this game! Nice to see & hear more support for these guys from other towns ppl. (those Finally joining the Big Red Fan Wagon) :lol: 14yrs.? my, my that is a longgggg time! I am so proud of how hard the coachs & players have WORK to get here. They ALL have earned this chance with alot of sweat & tears!

Neither team would be this far if they weren't good. I'll be honest & tell ya I don't care At All WHAT the score is, just as long as the Patriots have ONE MORE point on the board at the end than Hillsboro!

Guys, don't over eat thanksgiving, save some back for the weekend (after the game). Don't go out & do something foolish & get injured while schools out! I Mean It too! :rolleyes:

You keep her head on your shoulders & your mind focused on Hillsboro, because there'll be time enough to have fun after all your work is done. Stay IN Football Mode, because the fat lady ain't sang yet & I won't till Dec. 3rd, 2006!!!

~~~~~Stay focused, continue to Fight, work for those flawless plays, don't get cocky & think this one is in the bag, they want it just as bad as you do & Never Forget That The Man Upstairs Has Helped You Get Where You Are Today ( have done Nothing without HIS help)!~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~Just 1 point More Than Them On That Board At The END Big RED is all it will take to Win this baby!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Continue making history guys & live out your Friday Night Lights!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rollem RED Rollem ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not on either side of the fence for this one my man; I am a Springfield guy and I wish we were talking about them against HC instead. I was in Paris this past Friday b/c my gf lives there and I was scouting for Clarksville High for a freind of mine who coaches there. HC has a lot better team than I gave them credit for but as one guy stated their passing defense is really suspect. Fairley dropped a ton of balls not to mention the ones that their QB just missed. Hillsboro's QB wont miss and they have a very good RB to go along with their very good passing game. On top of that they do have a really good defense. As far as them looking past HC to Maryville goes; I believe the wake-up call they got from Mt. Juliet in the 2nd round will prevent that. But hey guys this is football and no matter what any of us say the only thing that matters is what happens on that field Friday night. I just say good luck to both teams and congrats on a great season. Win or lose.......neither team will have anything to hold their heads down about.

You have a good point Kevin38. I am certainly not taking anything away from Hillsboro either. In the past HC has had their number. But that was a long time ago and this is the semi's. Although, i do feel that their offense is not any more potent than ours. Our defense steps up when necessary, just like it has all year. Every loss we had was close. Every loss we could have won, excpet maybe Ridgeway. Now that was a Defense! Melrose defense was supposedly unchaged from last year, with the exception of a LB being 60% so I'm told. We were the first to score 35 points on them in 6 years. So what does all this tell me? It is going to be a great game. I don't buy that they will beat us by 14 or more. If they win, and that's a big IF, then it will be close til the last second ticks off. And vice versa, if the Patriots pull it off - again a big if, then it will come down to the end. Just my opinion as a big fan.

two great coaching staffs, two different teams. hillsboro street sabby vs. henry co. good ole boy attitude. This game comes down to dicipline, and stopping two main players. hillsboro's #5 vs. henry co's #1. there are more players to worry about, but these two players are the best i have seen all year. Then there is two other impact players that are dangerous. hillsboro's QB vs. henry co's big RB.

For the question about Hillsboro's defense, well my friend, they are the best defense I have seen in two years. One word to describle this defense, PLAYMAKERS. They are amazing guys. Key players are D-Nose #4 is the stud that destroys plays, #9 is a LB that moves better than any other lateral LB in the state, and those DB's are amazing quick, fast, mean, and love to hit. If you can find a weakness, then you are the best offensive coordinator in the state. The are all head hunters too. Don't get me wrong, coach gaddis is legendary in status, but Blade wants to become a legend stopper.

Would like to see henry pull this off, but got to say Hillsboro by 21+. Too much speed, power, and hunger. I like henry, but this team is the best on this side of the state. Unless, the other the patriots takes them to the water and drowns them. The team that makes the most mistakes will be at home next week. :rolleyes:

The YANKER congratulates HC and my HC friends! Now that crowd was more like it! The YANKER will return with my father and friends this week. I got a little nervous at the end but the YANKER is glad you held on in a game that you should have won with points to spare. Good luck against Hillsboro. My prediction will come on Thanksgiving morning...my last one was pretty close! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!