Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

Congrats to GP on the W. U guys have a very very good team and good luck against Alcoa next week.

To Milan, yall have nothing to hang ur heads about. Yall have a great team. U had ur chances to make it closer than what it was. Quite a few 3 & 1 and 4th and 1's but just couldnt convert when yall needed to. All in all it was a great effort but yall just fell short a few times. Both teams played great and i want to wish Milan the best of luck next season.

Oh, tonight was my first time coming to Milan to watch them play. It was amazing. The atmosphere is just incredible and i love to see that kind of support and dedication that yall put into the program. :thumb:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im wanting to say he had 4. He is a great back, fast, strong, and very physical. Which in my opion all the backs who carried the ball were just about like that. Good luck to GP at the Boro.

Thanks...people have talked about him as a possible D1 prospect...but doesn't get as much attention with so many backs this year....

Several thing were proved tonight. First of all, your team is not superhuman. Milan did a great job blocking and tackling except for those sweeps. Our DBs had a hard time getting of blocks because they were good blockers. We did even manage to wear down the Defensive line towards the end by the looks of it. Second, your kicker is not superhuman. He missed one when we got a little pressure on him. He was awesome though. Rare to see a kicker with that kind of leg in highschool. But third, alas, Goodpasture was a better team than Milan. We hung with them though but couldn't make up for the big plays that Goodpasture was able to make. The best team won, but milan fought till the very end. I think goodpasture showed a lot of class by not trying to score more than necessary. They didn't bring the house when we had the ball and were down by 3 TDs. They made us earn what we got, but they didn't go crazy with it. I will be pulling for you to win the gold ball next week, but one word of advice, when you have the lead, want to run the clock, and have established a good run attack, dont throw the ball three straight times on low percentage long balls. You gave us more opportunities to win than you should have by doing that. Great game tonight. Good luck next week. Please go give alcoa he||. Someone needs to knock them off that mountain their sitting on.

Several thing were proved tonight. First of all, your team is not superhuman. Milan did a great job blocking and tackling except for those sweeps. Our DBs had a hard time getting of blocks because they were good blockers. We did even manage to wear down the Defensive line towards the end by the looks of it. Second, your kicker is not superhuman. He missed one when we got a little pressure on him. He was awesome though. Rare to see a kicker with that kind of leg in highschool. But third, alas, Goodpasture was a better team than Milan. We hung with them though but couldn't make up for the big plays that Goodpasture was able to make. The best team won, but milan fought till the very end. I think goodpasture showed a lot of class by not trying to score more than necessary. They didn't bring the house when we had the ball and were down by 3 TDs. They made us earn what we got, but they didn't go crazy with it. I will be pulling for you to win the gold ball next week, but one word of advice, when you have the lead, want to run the clock, and have established a good run attack, dont throw the ball three straight times on low percentage long balls. You gave us more opportunities to win than you should have by doing that. Great game tonight. Good luck next week. Please go give alcoa he||. Someone needs to knock them off that mountain their sitting on.

im glad this turned out to be the game it was supposed to be...7-6 game at the half..goodpasture came out after the half and got rollin but milan fought back hard and tried their best to hang with goodpasture....anyways congrats to goodpasture...classy kids when they scored the touchdowns they gave the ball to the ref and gave high 5's and back to the huddle they went good job...great season by milan alot to overcome like they did...kudos to both teams tonight it was worth the 7$

Thanks. Milan was much better of a team I expected. One crucial play cost the game when the Milan coach went for it on his 30 or so yardline. But heck of game by both teams. Great season to Milan.

I was listening to the game on my way back to Martin, and I agree I don't understand why Morris went for it so soon in the 2nd half. That was the beginning of the end for Milan. If Goodpasture gets up by 2 scores, it is dang near impossible to overcome.

What I found interesting was that Goodpasture only had the ball for a little over 19 minutes in the game and still won the way they did.