FCS vs JCS

Commander63

Possumtown – (AP)

Well fellers the time is drawin nearer by the minute fer da big show down in da Boro between ar Commanders and dem fellers which ar blue Eagles from over yonder in west TN. I think ole JaxMan said it da best…Dis here contest is fer da Campbellite Cup. Who woulda figgered thare woulda been 2 private schools in dis here final showdown. Not ole Possumtowner I’ll tell ya right now.

I been doin a lot a figgerin bout this game and I seen a whole mess of film to and I keep a checkin that color nob on muh tv cause dem blue eagle fellers looks a bunch like ar green uns who I reckon will have to be a wearin white this go round. Shoot I fegger we won 5 games in white but we ar still the green uns.

This here game ill be the last time a mess of these fellers ever play dis sport. Shoot ole Possumtowner still remembers his last un. What a way to go out. Win er lose, we sure is proud of ar firery green fellers and I know them fine folks whut live in Jackson is proud too.

I figger dis here game to be a close un. An I see a few real areas which could make dis here game go one way of the other. Don’t wont to spend a bunch a time a lookin at schedules but ar Commanders done played some real tuff games against some real tuff folks. I reckon that will help.

A good week of practice fer dem Commanders to. Ole coach Mc done had dem fellers a practicin all over da place and they had some good uns to.

The wully worms aint out today so I no it’s a gonna be real cold tomorrow. Muh barn door swung shut on its own so its gonna be windy too. Aint gonna be no deep balls thrown tomorrow. All short passin and poundin that rock. Whoever pounds dat rock the best, wins dis game. Rite dat down.

Main thing bout a game lik this rite here is who makes the least mistakes is the team which wins. Look fer the green fellers to come out a tryin to pound that rock. Don’t be lookin fer em to try to run wide and use that speed cause it wont work cause dem blue fellers are quick. If in dem Blue fellers try and put a bunch in dat box then ole Jon Miller will commence to slingin dat rock and he can sling it I tell ya. Fact is he hadn’t had to sling it a whole bunch. Ole Stevens, McKnight, Teeter, and Doak ill look like deers a runnin on dat fake grass over yonder in the boro. Jeremy Rickaway is a good un to and I’ll tell ya right now, he is a different runner since the 2nd half of the 2nd game with the G-Men. He runs hard and shoot if ya git in his way, he will run flat over ya. Ar line will git fooled some by dem quick uns dem blue fellers got.

I figger dem blue fellers ar gonna try and sling dat rock a bunch. Dats whut we hope cause we got some good uns that can sur nuff break up some passes. Ar green fellers is gonna have to find ways to git to that left handed qb. Ole Doak will git him another pick this Friday and you folks jest go ahead an rite dat down to. Ar defense aint nithin but a mess of good uns. Ole Wade is as tuff as a pine not and I no it. Ole Ferraro is a mean un and played bout as good against dem Bulldogs as he has ever played. Brent Boyd will hit ye so hard ya wont feel it till ye wake up.

We got us some good young uns too ya’ll ill be a hearin a bunch about in a year or so. Ole Coach Mc tells me it’s a good of crop as his ole eyes have seen.

Last week we had to jump on dat last big rock before we crossed dat crick. Dis week we ar jest tryin to jump on dat other bank without getting ar feet wet. Jest one more time green fellers. Dis rite here is yer shot.

Dem green fellers ill lead at the halftime 13-6 (dem college goal posts is tuff on dem young uns). When all dat snow settles and dat ice is done breakin, this firery green bunch from Possumtown is gonna win this here game by the score of 27- 20 and bring em a gold ball back to Possumtown. But folks, don’t be fooled by dat score. This here game could go one way or to the other pendin on jest who wants it dat bad. An ole Possumtowner knows of one firery green bunch dat jest does want it dat bad. We Ready…. Muh ankles are tapped up and I got muh nee brace on. Lets kick dis here game off an get dat purdy shinny gold rock to Possumtown where it belongs.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possumtown – (AP)

Well fellers the time is drawin nearer by the minute fer da big show down in da Boro between ar Commanders and dem fellers which ar blue Eagles from over yonder in west TN. I think ole JaxMan said it da best…Dis here contest is fer da Campbellite Cup. Who woulda figgered thare woulda been 2 private schools in dis here final showdown. Not ole Possumtowner I’ll tell ya right now.

I been doin a lot a figgerin bout this game and I seen a whole mess of film to and I keep a checkin that color nob on muh tv cause dem blue eagle fellers looks a bunch like ar green uns who I reckon will have to be a wearin white this go round. Shoot I fegger we won 5 games in white but we ar still the green uns.

This here game ill be the last time a mess of these fellers ever play dis sport. Shoot ole Possumtowner still remembers his last un. What a way to go out. Win er lose, we sure is proud of ar firery green fellers and I know them fine folks whut live in Jackson is proud too.

I figger dis here game to be a close un. An I see a few real areas which could make dis here game go one way of the other. Don’t wont to spend a bunch a time a lookin at schedules but ar Commanders done played some real tuff games against some real tuff folks. I reckon that will help.

A good week of practice fer dem Commanders to. Ole coach Mc done had dem fellers a practicin all over da place and they had some good uns to.

The wully worms aint out today so I no it’s a gonna be real cold tomorrow. Muh barn door swung shut on its own so its gonna be windy too. Aint gonna be no deep balls thrown tomorrow. All short passin and poundin that rock. Whoever pounds dat rock the best, wins dis game. Rite dat down.

Main thing bout a game lik this rite here is who makes the least mistakes is the team which wins. Look fer the green fellers to come out a tryin to pound that rock. Don’t be lookin fer em to try to run wide and use that speed cause it wont work cause dem blue fellers are quick. If in dem Blue fellers try and put a bunch in dat box then ole Jon Miller will commence to slingin dat rock and he can sling it I tell ya. Fact is he hadn’t had to sling it a whole bunch. Ole Stevens, McKnight, Teeter, and Doak ill look like deers a runnin on dat fake grass over yonder in the boro. Jeremy Rickaway is a good un to and I’ll tell ya right now, he is a different runner since the 2nd half of the 2nd game with the G-Men. He runs hard and shoot if ya git in his way, he will run flat over ya. Ar line will git fooled some by dem quick uns dem blue fellers got.

I figger dem blue fellers ar gonna try and sling dat rock a bunch. Dats whut we hope cause we got some good uns that can sur nuff break up some passes. Ar green fellers is gonna have to find ways to git to that left handed qb. Ole Doak will git him another pick this Friday and you folks jest go ahead an rite dat down to. Ar defense aint nithin but a mess of good uns. Ole Wade is as tuff as a pine not and I no it. Ole Ferraro is a mean un and played bout as good against dem Bulldogs as he has ever played. Brent Boyd will hit ye so hard ya wont feel it till ye wake up.

We got us some good young uns too ya’ll ill be a hearin a bunch about in a year or so. Ole Coach Mc tells me it’s a good of crop as his ole eyes have seen.

Last week we had to jump on dat last big rock before we crossed dat crick. Dis week we ar jest tryin to jump on dat other bank without getting ar feet wet. Jest one more time green fellers. Dis rite here is yer shot.

Dem green fellers ill lead at the halftime 13-6 (dem college goal posts is tuff on dem young uns). When all dat snow settles and dat ice is done breakin, this firery green bunch from Possumtown is gonna win this here game by the score of 27- 20 and bring em a gold ball back to Possumtown. But folks, don’t be fooled by dat score. This here game could go one way or to the other pendin on jest who wants it dat bad. An ole Possumtowner knows of one firery green bunch dat jest does want it dat bad. We Ready…. Muh ankles are tapped up and I got muh nee brace on. Lets kick dis here game off an get dat purdy shinny gold rock to Possumtown where it belongs.

That's a darn good prognostication, Possum. I believe the team that has the fewest penalties and hold on to the ball in probably bad conditions will win it. Shotgun snaps to the qb's will probably be tricky as well. FCS-30, JCS-18.

There is no such rule as helmet to helmet in high school.

If you can't hit a guy helmet to helmet when they're making millions of dollars ,you sure shouldn't be allowed to do it to kids who are playing for fun. from coaching youth football,we have to teach kids not to lead with their helmets. I'd say most of the time ,its accidental, but I've saw some teams that must teach it. I'd hate to see any kid paralized or killed for a game of football. But I'll say it again, I think the Mitchell kid was only playing football. I'm quite sure some of our kids has done the same thing over the course of the season. It should be a penalty ,and if a player continues to play that way ,he needs to be ejected. Football is rough enough as it is. Chop blocking is another area where if you get caught more than once in a game,ejection.These kids have a life off the football field.

My Take on the Game...

Officially it's the Blue Cross Bowl...

Unofficially it has been called...

The Private bowl...referring to the fact that 2 private schools will be facing off...

The Cambellite Cup...as both schools are affiliated with the Church of Christ this is a reference to the man (Alexander Campbell) who started our movement...

The Gold Ball Game...referring to the trophy given to the winner...

This thread has discussed all the advantages of private schools as well as why those advantages shouldn't matter...good points have been made by both sides and I think I can see both sides point of view as well as both sides blind spots...much space on this thread has been taken up by this issue...there is an entire board full of threads to dicuss this so I will only say my opinions can easily be found there...

we have discussed previous games and the calls that benefited these two teams and hurt these two teams...but those games are past and matter little today...

we have seen support and criticism of these two programs from fans of other schools...for the support we say thanks...for the critism we say sorry...

we have seen identities try to be uncovered, old aquantances renewed, and talked about the weather...

oh and sometimes...not often...we have even talked about football and the game upcoming...

But right now I wish this thread could focus for the last 24 or so hours on roughly 100 kids...they suffered through August heat, team adversity, games they barely won and might not again if replayed...and they have earned the right to enjoy this week and this game...there will be 48 minutes of excitment and cheering...and there will be a score...but both teams will leave the field a winner...

as for the outcome...obviously my heart says JCS...but my head says toss up...I look for a 7 to 10 point game if everything plays out as it should on paper...but since we play these games not on paper but rubber grass anything could happen...I think the teams are evenly matched and will be each others biggest challenge of the season...in the end...as has been said on this thread, it will come down to mistakes, turnovers and coaching...that is often said before big games...but may never have been more true than this one...

Edited by JaxMan

Jaxman, I (Slick Rick) would like to wish you and your team good luck against Friendship Christian and The Commander Nation. You guys are going to have to play really well to stop Jeremy Rickaway. I doubt you have seen anything quite like him this season. I am pulling for my Commanders, but I wish your team best of luck too. Have a good drive over tommorrow.

But right now I wish this thread could focus for the last 24 or so hours on roughly 100 kids...they suffered through August heat, team adversity, games they barely won and might not again if replayed...and they have earned the right to enjoy this week and this game...there will be 48 minutes of excitment and cheering...and there will be a score...but both teams will leave the field a winner...

Dats a good idear Jaxman and rite hear is some of dem fellers with which I wood like to talk about.

A whole mess of good uns rite here I tell ya.

1 John Doak WR/DB SR

2 Charlie Tumbleson WR/DB FR

3 Parker Teeter QB/DB FR

5 Brent Boyd WR/DB SR

6 Jon Miller QB SR

7 Garrett McKnight TE/DB SR

8 Adam Stephens WR/DB SR

9 Eric Molander RB/LB JR

10 Taylor Ferraro RB/DE SR

12 Bryant Alsup WR/DB JR

13 Cody Searcey WR/DB SR

15 Alex Jackson WR/DB SO