Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

Should be an interesting matchup. The speed has not changed in regards to Alcoa's abilities. What has changed is that Alcoa does not have two "stud" defensive tackles like Martin White and Mark Avery. Last year, all they had to do was stalemate the Wing T, just keep them from grinding it out. Goodpasture's defense was totally overwhelmed by the speed. They just couldn't keep up with the pace of Alcoa's offense. Can this happen again, I don't know? It is the best Clinic Bowl matchup IMHO.

No, instead of having "two stud" defensive tackles, we have 4 that rotate in and out: Marsh, Cooper, Keller, Sykes. Cooper & Sykes are the bigger of the 4, Marsh isn't tall, but he's big. Keller is close to Cooper & Sykes. They've managed to get the job done!

Owlsuperfan89: The quickness on our d-line is definitely an improvement. Those 4 may not be as big as White or Avery, but they're a lot quicker and LOVE to hit! (And I'm not just saying that as a parent!!!) :thumb:

I LOVE it when people underestimate our boys! I have no doubt Goodpasture is better than last year, but parts of Alcoa's game is, too. Go ahead, contain Shiverdecker, but who's going to contain Tate or Lanxter or Hodge or Sommer or "JUICE" (JK, everybody loves Juice!)!!!

Edited by aliastn

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture probably has the best group at offensive line in the state this year, especially the Fisher kid, so just forget Alcoa holding them to 7 points. The Tornados are going to see some big boys who can move on the o-line. Now, Alcoa may very well put up some points on GP's defense because they do have some great backs, so I see this being a high scoring affair with all the speed on the turf at MTSU. This is the game we wanted to see.

Goodpasture probably has the best group at offensive line in the state this year, especially the Fisher kid, so just forget Alcoa holding them to 7 points. The Tornados are going to see some big boys who can move on the o-line. Now, Alcoa may very well put up some points on GP's defense because they do have some great backs, so I see this being a high scoring affair with all the speed on the turf at MTSU. This is the game we wanted to see.

Big boys.....speed.....big boys....speed....big boys....speed...hmmmmm. I will take Alcoa's speed over the slow big boys anyday. This one gets ugly early as Alcoa names the score...... :thumb:

state baby!!!its what u live for as a high school athlete in any sport but especially football.i dont see how u play with alcoa,i mean obiviously goodpasture has to be pretty good they are in the state championship but still i dont see them playing with alcoa,maby for a while but not for 48 min.,i hope they do,i want it to be a good game,but it is a great acomplishment for both teams,and good luck to both of the teams in the game.

alcoa-42

goodpasture-23

goodpasture is not going to score more than 14 points on a 1st string defence that has only gave up one touchdown all of the playoffs. Well shoot there 2nd string has only given up two. this defence is just two fast and goodpasture just dosent relize how good we are. I guess will have to show them agian how Bount County plays football.

Shivy breaks the rushing record in this blow out.

Please don't let this thread get out of hand with disrespectful comments toward either of the teams.Let the boys play ball and simple post what you think will happen.Dont want to hear public vs. private or any1 getting beat like a mule just post scores and see what happens friday.Good luck to both teams you worked very hard to get there.Prepare for the game and gives us a good one!

goodpasture is not going to score more than 14 points on a 1st string defence that has only gave up one touchdown all of the playoffs. Well shoot there 2nd string has only given up two. this defence is just two fast and goodpasture just dosent relize how good we are. I guess will have to show them agian how Bount County plays football.

Shivy breaks the rushing record in this blow out.

its spelled "defense" not "defence"