Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

i must say that last night was a huge disappointment for me. when i got to the game i was for alcoa. face it they have talent that no body else has but there is a down fall to that kind of talent. they're cocky. they wine more than my little sister does. they were winning 17-3 in the 3rd and STILL got up in the refs faces after EVERY SINGLE PLAY. i was embarassed for them. i would rather lose and have good attitudes than win and think im some kind of god. GET OVER YOURSELFS. your own fans were even sayin stuff about it. now its time for your coaches to start recruiting for next year.

as for goodpasture-yall had one heck of a season. your 19 seniors and your coach have more class & heart than ive seen in a while. yall should be proud of your accomplishments. just think about how many teams would have killed to be in your posision last night. coming from a maryville fan GO COUGARS

I would bet this guy isn't a Maryville fan.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win Alcoa, the Gold Ball runs through Blount Co...... and Broadway ;-p It's true football over here is more then just a sport and it's traditiom. When these kids play, all the fans aren't just there to watch, they are support, it is like a family over here in the Knox area, I don't think GP has that... no offense, that's just how it seemed. I notice on the boards here too that you all are getting angry with each other, that doesn't show brotherhood to me.

Congratulations to Alcoa, Fulton, and Maryville!!

Thanks.....we are proud of Fulton as well, and the Rebels! Fulton seems to have a good group of caring coaches. Their kids play hard.

oknative-not OK

1st, I'm from middle TN not Alcoa.

2nd I've played against Goodpasture in my day and beat them as bad as Alcoa did. :thumb:

3rd I've followed Alcoa over the last 6 years and set in their stands and seen a group of hard working kids on the field that are a reflection of their parents blue collar work ethics. :thumb:

I didn't know we were judged by what a few did in our community or that typing/grammer skills were judged on this site. Doesn't sound like Christian values to me. What are they teaching over at GHS?

If your an OK fan, I know you wouldn't want their program judged on some of their past hoods.

Goodpasture serves a great vaule to that past of town and has exceled at every sport they compete in. That should be enough to make U happy w/o attacking the Alcoa fans.

Also instead of attacking Alcoau need to talk to the AD at GHS and have them schedule some teams that will really test them during the season so that they are not called overrated at the end of the year.

Being spanked 2 yr's stright should tell the coach and AD that they need to change something. Alcoa is not moving up and their head coach is the real deal.

Better luck in Basketball Season!

theres not much a high school can do about who you play

Lipscomb is a rivalry and we will always play them

BGA has been on the schedule for several years

Martin used to coach there so we play them

JPII is a new neighborhood rivalry and will be for several years

the rest were REGION ga

I wanted to let the Players from GP and their coaches know that you guys played a good game with a lot of heart and determination. If you are a SR and that was your last game I wish you good fortune on your life after football. It may be hard to see it right now but by sticking with it thru good and bad is what makes you a real winner.

I have said this before, but it is especially true after your last game, the lessons you learned playing ball and friends you made along the way will be with you long after this season is just a footnote in the history books.

Edited by k12koop

What a game!!! There is so much I could say. Where is "volcamry" now with his "Goodpasture by at least 10 points" comments. All year we have heard how GP was bigger, stronger, faster and way better than last year. Well at least you proved to be 2 TDs better; only problem is that you still lost by 4 TDs.

When it came down to the game, once again Alcoa proved that GP and everyone else in 2A is nowhere close to dethroning the mighty Tornadoes. GP is still not in Alcoa's league.

GP talked all year about how they were #1 and they were ranked #1 (what a JOKE! :thumb: ). Once again Alcoa has the gold ball and GP failed to knock the king off of the mountain.

So go ahead GP fans and begin talking about next year and how GP is going to be better, bigger, faster, and stronger. We're ready for it.

The beasts are still in the EAST....

What a game!!! There is so much I could say. Where is "volcamry" now with his "Goodpasture by at least 10 points" comments. All year we have heard how GP was bigger, stronger, faster and way better than last year. Well at least you proved to be 2 TDs better; only problem is that you still lost by 4 TDs.

When it came down to the game, once again Alcoa proved that GP and everyone else in 2A is nowhere close to dethroning the mighty Tornadoes. GP is still not in Alcoa's league.

GP talked all year about how they were #1 and they were ranked #1 (what a JOKE! :thumb: ). Once again Alcoa has the gold ball and GP failed to knock the king off of the mountain.

So go ahead GP fans and begin talking about next year and how GP is going to be better, bigger, faster, and stronger. We're ready for it.

You guys beat us fair and square. I have no excuses but just to say congradulations on the victory. You guys are the champs. I stood behind

my sons team to the bitter end and that is the way it is. He still has 3 years

left over there so hopefully we will meet up in the future.

Good Luck in the future.

GP talked all year about how they were #1 and they were ranked #1 (what a JOKE! ;) ). Once again Alcoa has the gold ball and GP failed to knock the king off of the mountain.

:thumb: Some people are hearing voices in their heads on here, because the VAST majority of the Goodpasture fans have been respectful, and the VAST majority of the jaw-jabbering you read on here has been from Alcoa's side since DAY ONE. I mean, why do you care what the people in your head, err, Goodpasture says? You won, be happy, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Congratulations to Alcoa!

Your team can compete with any school in the state of Tennessee. I was impressed with the QB to WR combination that Alcoa had. Rankin seemed to be passing more than he did at Riverdale. Alcoa definitely had an advantage there and did a good job of exploiting it.

Goodpasture moved the ball well, but couldn't finish the drives. Their line was impressive. Sorry Goodpasture...its unfortunate that only one team in each class ends the season happy.

After watching Fulton play on Saturday, I would like to see Fulton play Alcoa again. Then the winner of that game play the winner of Catholic and Maryville. That would give you the best team in the state (no offense Smyrna).