Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone viewed my comments as "whining", then I guess any and all game analysis posted on the discussion board not suitable to someone else's opinion could be also classified as whining. And that would be ignorant. No one IS whining, just making observations about the game and the teams. My point was to show that the fumble was the turning point in the game, that Lipscomb was not overmatched, and that there were 2 plays I thought that Fulton took full advantage of like champions do...quite simple points, not offensive, not meant to be mean-spirited, not meant to seem whining, I was complimentary of Lipscomb AND Fulton.

:thumb: I just wanted to say that Fulton is so fortunate to have a media voice and personality like Russell Mayes. Thank you for bringing Fulton Falcon sports broadcast to the community and county. Your broadcast are descriptive and passionate. Russell is always striving to be the best and to teach young people to succeed. I think he and his staff deserve part of the success of Fulton Football. I think if you will look back on this Lipscomb and Fulton thread you will see that he was complimenting the Lipscomb staff after the championship game. Go 91.1 FM

and Fulton Sports. A very satisfied listener.

1. I don't who is whinning. Nobody associated with the Lipscomb Football program.

2. I have seen every Lipscomb Championship game, Fulton by far is the best team the Mustangs have ever faced.

3. The Picture with the comment "was holding called" #50, whom I know very well, did indicate that it was holding-but wasn't all that worked up over it. He indicated that it happens all the time with linebackers. He said that if he was in the offensive backfield that it would be called, but its not called that much on the defensive side of the ball...generally blocks in the back or illegal use of hands.

4. The fumble is viewed as a change of momentum. (but a big play for both teams--as it was the difference in the game.

5. The two penalties on Lipscomb huge plays were killers for the Mustangs and momentum killers for Lipscomb.

6. The key in the second half for Fulton in my opinion...was bringing in their jumbo package for blocking. Rogan only needed a crease.

7. Could Fulton have tacked on one more score at the end. Perhaps, then maybe they would have turned it over. But they were able to go into Victory Formation and walk off the field with their hands in the air. The Victory formation shows a little more class and respect for your opponent. Last year Livingston Academy decided to tack on one more score instead of going into Victory formation. Fulton ends the game the right way...David Lipscomb would have done the same.

8. Of all the 2006 Championship games...in my opinion the Fulton-Lipscomb game was the best.

Just some thoughts.

well said, vandy 1. the game was a great one to watch. The game is over so everyone can stop talking about the what-ifs and what the score could have been. it was 24-14.Done.

its at least 16 -14 and probably same score because of the horrible incompletion call/

Alright every fulton fan is complaining about this call(even though they won) however every single dl player wouldnt have yelled incomplete if it hadnt hit the ground, it could of been a catch w/ a fumble but no matter what yall whine about it did fall out when he got hit.please no more comments on this play, jus congrat fulton an dl on playing in state an to [/i]fulton on winning

Knock off all of the garbage everyone PLEASE!!!! Fulton beat David Lipscomb 24-14 in a game that had hardly no controversy at all. Yes the kid from Fulton did catch the ball and the ref blew the call. OH WELL!!!! :thumb: Does anyone want some sort of apology from the official????? Were some calls missede throughout the game???? Probably so. AGAIN, OH FREAKIN WELL!!!! :thumb: Could Fulton have tacked on a late TD when the game was decided and DL had no timeouts remaining????? Likely so ;) In closing to this subject I'll say one final time OH WELL!!!! :thumb:

The fact of the matter is that Coatney and his staff did make the necessary adjustments at the half to help Fulton win the game. REMEMBER that at the half it was 8-0 (the only score came off of a Cobb fumble return for a TD). At the half the staff decided to pound Rogan and the fullbacks (#27 & #21) up the middle and they stopped trying to get out on the corner as much. Another fact is that PENALTIES weren't nearly as much of an issue for them in this one as they were the previous week against Pearl-Cohn in the state semifinals. That just goes to prove that the penalty situation was truly holding the Falcons back from being an even greater team than they previously were. Finally the fact of the matter is that Fulton simply whipped Lipscomb up front. Hamilton and Higgins caused chaos in DL's offensive backfield all afternoon long in this game. Offensively in the second half the Fulton line just lined up and said "we will run the football". THEY DID RUN THE FOOTBALL AS IS PROVEN BY THE FINAL NUMBERS!!!! Outside of the long trap that Elrod broke loose on on Lipscomb's final scoring drive of the day the Fulton defense allowed nothing to Lipscomb on the ground in the second half. THAT IS LITERALLY NOTHING!!!!!

The 2006 Fulton Falcons deserve to be Class 3A State Champions. They beat four great teams in a month's period of time and played on the road in all of those games (Carter, Knoxville Catholic, Pearl-Cohn, & David Lipscomb). Those teams had a combined record of 45-9 if my math serves me correctly. All four of those teams were also champions of their respective regions. That's the toughest road that any of the state champions this year took to win a title WITHOUT QUESTION!!!! In closing I'd like to say CONGRATS to the Falcons on a job well done this year. Yes I did root against you those final two games but I'll also say that you've earned my respect for the accomplishments you achieved ON THE FIELD in 2006.

in the first half,....lipscombs defense did a stellar job in controlling the dangerous fulton offense. in the 2nd half,......the lipscomb offense couldnt stay on the field as long as they NEEDED. the defense was just on the field too long and the heavy package of fulton really hurt them. if lipscombs o couldve been on the field a little longer,..this one wouldve been different. fulton wouldve won still,....but it wouldve been closer. congrats to fulton

Edited by coach5

DL you have a fine team with a lot of class. Congratulations on a great season!

Now to my Falcons, I am proud of each and every one of you. You have proved to everyone that you are true Champions!

Rogan you know you are our MR. FOOTBALL!

To my sister, KB Walker we won this for you!

WAY TO GO FALCONS!

It was nice to meet you after the game outside the lockerroom. I know this meant a lot to your family.

I don't think Lipscomb was "overmatched". They played right with Fulton. The self-inflicted fumble before the half KILLED Lipscomb, and it was the deciding play in the game in my view. You take that one play out and the game changes. Give credit to Fulton, they made Lipscomb pay big-time, and that's what great teams do. Also, the phantom "block in the back" on that huge pass play to Elrod that was called back was a killer too. Fulton was extremely talented, they are a great team with several D-1 prospects, Rogan is a machine, but I didn't see Lipscomb overmatched. They played a tough game against an outstanding Fulton team.

Obviously John005 did not watch the entire game. The fumble was a big play for Fulton just as the 82 yd pass was for Lipscomb. It is reidiculous to say it was the deciding factor. Take it away and Lipscomb still loses 14-16. As many have pointed out, Lipscomb just could not stop Fulton's 2nd half adjusments in the runnig game. Credit Fultons coaches for making the proper adjustments to give Fulton the win. Congradulations to both teams for a great year.

:lol: I just wanted to say that Fulton is so fortunate to have a media voice and personality like Russell Mayes. Thank you for bringing Fulton Falcon sports broadcast to the community and county. Your broadcast are descriptive and passionate. Russell is always striving to be the best and to teach young people to succeed. I think he and his staff deserve part of the success of Fulton Football. I think if you will look back on this Lipscomb and Fulton thread you will see that he was complimenting the Lipscomb staff after the championship game. Go 91.1 FM

and Fulton Sports. A very satisfied listener.

Thanks and we hope you would continue to listen. I know it makes Russel proud to hear that people tune in to the station. He does everything in his power to make 91.1 the best it can be. He strives for success, and I'm sure he's extremely happy with what he has accomplished. I'll be sure to tell him to check the thread! Again thanks to the listeners! :lol:

You haven't read enough posts on coacht if that's the case.

Your claim in this previous post that a combined Maryville/Alcoa squad would beat any team in the country would probably be considered more of a head-scratcher than olympian's post.

After watching all the games this weekend, I would take a Alcoa/Fulton/Maryville 'all star team' and take on anyone in the country...

Would be a fun team to watch..... Put McCallie's Quarterback on that team and it would be tough to beat..... Maryville's QB was pretty darn good....