Private schools going to state title games

jacksoncounty

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is BS #1 in small poorer counties there very little if any tax money or money coming from schoolbards to fund athletics. While your private school kids are lifting weights and running our public school kids are washing cars and selling donuts so they can afford to buy helmets and shoulder pads. #2 ALL private schools recruit if they don't their STUPID if they say they don't their LYING. I agree not all give scholarships but when you can limit your # of students you accept and you only accept students with a certain 40 time or Bench press max you stay in low classifications with a school full of athletes. One person on here was defending this saying they had all been in the school since seventh grade DUHHHH!!! get the best youth players on your middle school team early so when thy are freshman they know the scheme and by the time their juniors theyve run a certain offense or defensive scheme TOGETHER for 4 years. I don't care what the argument is Public and Private schools are not on a level playing field. In a normal 1a school you have around 300 students about 200 of those can't walk and chew gum at the same time which leaves you close to 100 athletic kids if half are Female you have 50 males to choose from for your football team 10 of them won't like the coach and 5 more stay in trouble or fail classes and don't play now you have 35 players half of which are underclassmen now you have 17-18 upper classmen and if you are very lucky 11 of those has played before , and if you are very very lucky 2 of them are really good players. Do you have these problems at private schools? No cause you have 300 hand picked kids from good homes with money to burn, out of your 300 100 of them are there to keep your schools average GPA up and everyone else PLAYS BALL!!

This post is beyond ridiculous. I guess the mission of the smaller private schools is only accept kids with certain 40 times and can bench press a certain amount? A school full of athletes? You are an embarrassment.

All the money public schools raise goes to buy Helmets and shoulder pads, and we are all not as lucky to have the tradition or funds like a Riverdale does.

I just used Riverdale as an example. Riverdale is a prime example of a school whose community, students, and faculty has gotten behind a good football team. They've had good coaches, and the young men that play work very hard. They raise money, and have money donated to the athletic department. They are building a success with hard work, and donations, coupled with some government funds. The thing is, this is the exact same thing that more of the privates seem to do than publics. It's not that publics can't, because some of them do. I don't know if it's that they don't, or won't, or whatever. I have no opinion on that. I just know that many privates put more into their program than many publics, and it's not just writing checks. They fundraise the heck out of everybody K-12! I know; I've been there and done that. I speak from experience. And the parents put time into the program. And they actively solicit support from local businesses. And publics could do the same. Some of them do (ex; Riverdale), but most of them don't, and that's why I think we're having this discussion.

"And (all) publics could do the same. Some of them do (ex; Riverdale), but most of them don't, and that's why I think we're having this discussion."

then it would stand to reason that all privates could do what BA has done, but most of them dont, and that's why i think we're having this discussion.

Look , Private schools have more funds to support their programs without question. the reason the multiplier came in was to get privates away from small county schools who can raise money through fundraisers all year long and not match the donation that one Lawyer or surgeon gives to his kids private school. Privates want to go play with gigantic teams and communities like Oak Ridge Maryville and Riverdale , fine they have the community base to compete financially with that. 1A and Most 2A schools can't If you think Money doesn't buy Championships your right , but it sure does Help alot when your kids have everything they need to work and get better with right in their school , not to mention Dr.s and trainers on the sidelines and 10 paid coaches That no 1A school can do and very few 2A. I don't have a problem with Private School I would love to send my child to one but to argue they are playing on a level field with lower level publics is ludicrous.

Edited by old24eagle

I have a solution. At the end of the season have bowl games like they use to. Use a rating like BCS. Play these games in the 2 weeks after week 10. We won't have to worry about a champion so no one will feel bad that they didn't win the championship. Then go on to baketball. . No one complains about the other sprots when it comes to publics vs privates.

Look , Private schools have more funds to support their programs without question. the reason the multiplier came in was to get privates away from small county schools who can raise money through fundraisers all year long and not match the donation that one Lawyer or surgeon gives to his kids private school. Privates want to go play with gigantic teams and communities like Oak Ridge Maryville and Riverdale , fine they have the community base to compete financially with that. 1A and Most 2A schools can't If you think Money doesn't buy Championships your right , but it sure does Help alot when your kids have everything they need to work and get better with right in their school , not to mention Dr.s and trainers on the sidelines and 10 paid coaches That no 1A school can do and very few 2A. I don't have a problem with Private School I would love to send my child to one but to argue they are playing on a level field with lower level publics is ludicrous.

This is a fantastic point. All one has to do is look at the training facilities. Friendship Christian has a brand new weight training facility which would do a small college proud. Compare that with most any small rural 1-A or 2-A school. The financial aspect is the most glaring difference in the private vs public debate. The people who can afford the tuition for the private schools can give more money, MUCH more, than most rural folks can part with at any given time. The sad thing, most peole think a private school is the best way for their chiold to get a quality education, which really isn't true. Any child can succeed if they apply themselves. Our public schools are hurting because more people are turning away from them when they need to do all they can to support them. I have no problem with private schools in general, I'm sure they're fine institutions. I do have a problem however, when they win titles and accolades galore when they have so many more advantages to work with.

This is a fantastic point. All one has to do is look at the training facilities. Friendship Christian has a brand new weight training facility which would do a small college proud. Compare that with most any small rural 1-A or 2-A school. The financial aspect is the most glaring difference in the private vs public debate. The people who can afford the tuition for the private schools can give more money, MUCH more, than most rural folks can part with at any given time. The sad thing, most peole think a private school is the best way for their chiold to get a quality education, which really isn't true. Any child can succeed if they apply themselves. Our public schools are hurting because more people are turning away from them when they need to do all they can to support them. I have no problem with private schools in general, I'm sure they're fine institutions. I do have a problem however, when they win titles and accolades galore when they have so many more advantages to work with.

No it`s not a fantastic post. Financial disparities are every where. A few years ago we raised 20,000 dollars for the JCM baseball team. I thought that was a lot. Then I found out that Germantown raised over 70,000. Do you have the same problem with that? JCM is mainly an inner city school while Germantown lies in a very affluent part of Shelby County.

If you are gonna make arguments about money then you need to be consistent in your arguments. You are accusing private schools of the same advantages many public schools have.

I could waste my time complaining about it like you do, but instead I just accept the fact that other schools may have nicer facilities and move on.