Private schools going to state title games

jacksoncounty

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture does recruit regardless of what anyone says. The players come from as far away as Kentucky to play there. We played with you tonight for the most part except for the sweeps when Medley broke free more than once. The 7-6 halftime score was probably the closest all year for you. You have a great team with much speed.

I SAID THAT TO SAY THIS. Milan players come from a radius of less than 10 miles to play at Milan. There is not a Class 2-A team in the state can beat us made up of kids from a 10 mile radius of their school. Alcoa will beat you again just maybe not as bad as last year.

I have an answer for all of this, lets just label all the schools in tn private so we could recruit and play who we wanted to, heck I think I could play again since so many in this country have false Ids, a little plastic surgery and Im ready to strap it up again, all agree say aye!

Milan would have at least 2 more if not for Brentwood Academy before they created Division 2. They knocked us out in the 80's when we had great teams for a public school. You are way too far in the past with your public championships. Lets talk about post 1990 and look at those stats. Not back in the 40's and 50's.

So there are some people who can argue with facts.

Last night JCS had a incredible win...we savored it on the field for a while then as the wife and I started to leave the field to go home I told her I bet anything before the week is out we will be hearing that a private is playing on message boards instead of about a quality win...I didn't have to wait long...the first post I read was on the subject...our boys played hard...period...we don't recruit...we are a small private school and can't afford to pay players to play...last year when Trousdale and Union City played no one seemed worried about small rural schools...let's be honest...some small schools won't compete unless we move all other teams...at least be consistant...if you are worried about a level playing field worry about it when two public larger community schools are in final game...worry about how Middleton and Halls can compete even if privates are gone...I have argued until I don't care what TSSAA does anymore...we will line up and play whoever they schedule for us...and win or lose we will work hard and not complain...I have a nephew who played for a small public school...all summer when we were lifting weights he was fishing...hard work pays off...ask Milan...they compete year in and year out regardless of who they play...they strap it up and give their all...and more times than not they prevail...I respect public schools who work hard...but I also respect private schools who do...I just wish more people could be consistant in their position...not wanting to lose is something we all agree on...we play to win...but wanting to get rid of good teams just to win is not the answer...the Red Sox would be alot more successful if the Yankees moved to the National league...they may not have the $ the Yankees have...it's called life...circumstances will always give one team an advantage...moving teams to get a hollow trophy teaches little...sure privates have some advantages...but so do publics...they don't lose players because they can't afford the tutition...larger town publics have advantage over smaller town publics and on and on...the bottom line is if your school doesn't win you can have class and say good game or you can cry foul and look for an angle that helps you...since the dawn of sports teams have had advantages...better players, better coaches, better facilities...do privates have advantages...yes...but so do most schools...the real question is what do you want to teach your young men...to work hard and overcome...or to wringe their hands and complain...it's that simple...we have faced the multiplier...being moved up...and we are not whinning...next year we may get beat up moving to 2A and the toughest region...but we will face each game as a life lesson...not look for excuses...easy answer move all privates to division II...the fact that schools now playing their give aid to players and the privates in Division I don't doesn't matter...because fair is not what we are really looking for...we just want a gold ball at any cost...so we hide behind fair...when our solution may hurt others...because we really just want fair for us...

Edited by JaxMan

Goodpasture does recruit regardless of what anyone says. The players come from as far away as Kentucky to play there. We played with you tonight for the most part except for the sweeps when Medley broke free more than once. The 7-6 halftime score was probably the closest all year for you. You have a great team with much speed.

I SAID THAT TO SAY THIS. Milan players come from a radius of less than 10 miles to play at Milan. There is not a Class 2-A team in the state can beat us made up of kids from a 10 mile radius of their school. Alcoa will beat you again just maybe not as bad as last year.

WAIT! Isn't Milan the school that had to forfeit a bunch of games because they had a "RECRUIT" from USJ?!?! :):thumb::thumb:

Please consider this when talking about Alcoa and Maryville, they accept tuition students. I am sure the argument will be made that only a small percentage of their football players are tuition students.

Do other Public Schools accept tuition athletes, oops sorry students.

all the more proof that the playing field will never be truely level...

Please consider this when talking about Alcoa and Maryville, they accept tuition students. I am sure the argument will be made that only a small percentage of their football players are tuition students.

Do other Public Schools accept tuition athletes, oops sorry students.

You might also want to add that some of the Alcoa and Maryville atheletes are not only outside the "zone" ... they are from outside of Blount county. :thumb:

The socalled illegal player's parents bought a house about 3 miles from the school but kept their previous residence also so that is not allowed by the TSSAA. He was not a factor as he hasn't practiced or played since week 5. Your recruited players have played the entire season and will be on the receiving end of a whooping next Friday night. HAHAHA

dont you think if there was illegal activity at ghs, the cougars would get busted just like the bullpuppies. see you in the murf,OOPS, i forgot your team lost

Ya'll, I'm telling you I know hundreds of players that go (and have gone) to private schools (mostly the SAME private school since they could walk) and NOT A SINGLE BLOOMIN' ONE OF THEM gets to go there for free, NOR do they get a reduced tuition rate. There is NO difference between a DI private school and a DI public school when it comes to recruiting. The AD for Riverdale, a PUBLILC school, can go to California, Florida, and Japan if he wants to, use ATHLETIC PROGRAM MONEY that was raised by SUPPORTERS OF THE PROGRAM, and run an ad on national television that says "I want every single top football player in the land at my school so that you can play football and together we can be the best team the earth has ever seen!" THAT WOULD BE PERFECTLY LEGAL!!!!! He could solicit kids, families, parents, heck, whoever he wanted to come to play for Riverdale. Try to get them to move to the area, and play for Riverdale. And any other public school can do the exact same thing. ANY DI school can, public or private. There is no advantage. Why don't we flip the tables and say there's an advantage to the public schools??? We could say all the AD has to do is get the family to move in from CA!!! The privates have to get them to move AND pay tuition!!! :D I know it's on the point of funny, but it's the absolute truth! Some people try to say the privates recruit, and if they do THAT sort of recruiting, it's their perogitive. Publics can do as much of that as they want. The only difference is that publics don't have to raise their own money to do it with.

Edited by defender25