A Thought about Merit Plan...

JaxMan

No one is asking to make every program exactly equal. That's something thrown out like "give them all their own state championship trophy." One group of schools is clearly stronger than the other groiup. It's not just about titles, it's about what goes on in the season and postseason, before the title games. Remember too, a lot of these private schools are playing up due to a multiplier, and stil are winning big over public schools. In the head to head this year, many of the private losses were by teams just starting programs in the last couple of years or with about 150 students or less. Some of those would be better off being in Division II, Class A in a three class level, but nobody has made them do that and since there aren't enough in Division II, it goes to two classes.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing in life is fair.

I have traveled all over this state and it is evident that some towns have more money and they are nicer than other. There is noway that you can ever make things equal.

Thats not much of an answer,does it mean we don't want fairness. I know the TSSAA can't ever make everything totally equal, but things could be a little better. People knew the multiplier wasn't going to work from the start. Ihave nothing against private schools, I just wish they would come forth and tell us all what makes them superior .I already know, but I'd like to hear it from one of them. I'm sure they know.

Thats not much of an answer,does it mean we don't want fairness. I know the TSSAA can't ever make everything totally equal, but things could be a little better. People knew the multiplier wasn't going to work from the start. Ihave nothing against private schools, I just wish they would come forth and tell us all what makes them superior .I already know, but I'd like to hear it from one of them. I'm sure they know.

I don't think the privates are superior Pujo. Some of them are very good, none of them have the kinds of records that the best publics do. I don't have a clue what you are after here...why don't you enlighten us?

p.s. Since no privates won a Championship last year and very probably only 1 will this year, how does that indicate the multiplier didn't work?

pujo...you can`t legislate support and money. Inner-city schools have to compete with the rich urban schools.

I`ll say it again...one year the JCM baseball team raised 20,000 dollars through a lot of hard work and I thought that was a whole lot of money until I read that Germantown had raised over 70,000. Is that fair? Probably not but it`s something we have to live with and do our best. Please excuse me if I just don`t buy your money argument.

VG

I don't think the privates are superior Pujo. Some of them are very good, none of them have the kinds of records that the best publics do. I don't have a clue what you are after here...why don't you enlighten us?

p.s. Since no privates won a Championship last year and very probably only 1 will this year, how does that indicate the multiplier didn't work?

I believe you fine Christian people are the most dishonest people on here, now humble yourselves and tell us how ,after a 1.8 multiplier was handed to the dominate private school, we now have two private schools with a little over half the enrollment of the biggest 1a schools in the finals. WHATS THE ANSWER.

pujo...you can`t legislate support and money. Inner-city schools have to compete with the rich urban schools.

I`ll say it again...one year the JCM baseball team raised 20,000 dollars through a lot of hard work and I thought that was a whole lot of money until I read that Germantown had raised over 70,000. Is that fair? Probably not but it`s something we have to live with and do our best. Please excuse me if I just don`t buy your money argument.

VG

Private schools have advantages,like I said before, I see exactly what they are, please be big enough to tell us, its not that hard. COME COME

I believe you fine Christian people are the most dishonest people on here, now humble yourselves and tell us how ,after a 1.8 multiplier was handed to the dominate private school, we now have two private schools with a little over half the enrollment of the biggest 1a schools in the finals. WHATS THE ANSWER.

pujo...JCS beat Lake County on a 4th down last second play. To be exact it was a 4th and 10 play from 32 yards out with 20 seconds to go in the game. Lake County was a # 4 seed in an all public region. They had already knocked a #1 seed Fayette Academy (ranked as one of the state`s best this year) and a #3 seed TCA out of the playoffs.

JCS is very lucky to be in the championship game. The fact that they are a private school has nothing to do with it. I think most JCS fans will tell you they are lucky to be there. Lake County had them beat and they were a #4 seeded team. JCS has a good team, but they aren`t special by any means IMO.

I don`t understand why folks want to complain about JCS being in the state championship game.

Private schools have advantages,like I said before, I see exactly what they are, please be big enough to tell us, its not that hard. COME COME

pujo..I addressed your claim that money was an advantage. I gave you a prime example of how money is just not exclusive to private schools. The difference between me and you is that I don`t complain about Germantown having a lot more money than my school and you do.

pujo..I addressed your claim that money was an advantage. I gave you a prime example of how money is just not exclusive to private schools. The difference between me and you is that I don`t complain about Germantown having a lot more money than my school and you do.

All I want to know is what makes the private schools so successful. its an easy question.

All I want to know is what makes the private schools so successful. its an easy question.

Lack of zones (whether it be city or county)and the fact that most are located in urban areas with very high populations. (Although I think it is interesting that this years 2 class A representatives are not form either Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga or Knoxville but smaller urban areas [Lebanon/Jackson]. What is that old saying...it is not about the X's and O's, it is about the Jimmys and Joes. Well the private schools have a heck of alot more Jimmys and Joes to choose from and no boundary lines to prevent kids from going to the schools of their choice. And for the record I do not think "recruiting" is an issue, at least not in the sense that most people think that it is. :thumb:

And to offer a little support for my position I provide the following:

Lake Co. Pop. approx 7900 people

Jackson pop. approx 56,000 people ( I should note that that figure is just the City of Jackson I have not found the figure for the Standard Metropolitian Statisical Area [sMSA] that we can assume would provide potential students to JCS.

Edited by FadePattern

And to offer a little support for my position I provide the following:

Lake Co. Pop. approx 7900 people

Jackson pop. approx 56,000 people ( I should note that that figure is just the City of Jackson I have not found the figure for the Standard Metropolitian Statisical Area [sMSA] that we can assume would provide potential students to JCS.

Be sure to factor in socio-economic facts. I`ll be interested in hearing what you come up with.