Jackson Christian

reaction

Classy post, possumtowner. We at JCS have a lot of respect for the way your team and the Friendship Christian School family handled themselves last night and in the days leading up to this game. Rub your kids on the head and brag on them for this old man - They have a lot to be proud of, including the game they played last night.

And don't discard the "accent" forever. Ah'm kinda partial to it, muhse'f <_<

Thank ye kindly feller. You blue fellers got some good uns fer sure. :thumb:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, it's been awhile since I've posted on here, mainly due to the dissapointment of FA exiting the playoffs in the first round, but I was at the game tonight and I must say that JCS played very well. Excellent season and congrats on the Gold ball coming back to the West. I didn't understand some of the Eagles play calling and thought that they were definitly more than 6 points better than FCS, but nevertheless you got the job done so way to go.

Secondly, everyone's soapbox the whole year has been strength of schedule and I thought JCS really showed everyone how the West is better than people think. Congrats to FCS on an AMAZING season, but if you were in the West you wouldn't have finished in the top 3 in 8A, its just that simple. I know I sound like I'm letting steam off and I am; it has irked me all year how teams from the middle and east win by 40+ playing cupcakes and get on here boasting like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and then come up against against a fair team from the West and get blasted. I am very glad JCS showed everybody how we play ball. <_< Hopefully in the next couple of years, we won't be taken for granted so much. Great job to everyone who participated tonight, winners and losers, can't wait till next year!

JCS just put ". . .based on a true story" on the "Facing the Giants" movie title. JCS experienced a miracle this season and they answered the question "what is impossible with God?". . . NOTHING! That doesn't mean they have the formula for asking God to do their bidding. He is God and he chooses when He wants to demonstrate His power in the hearts of men. So, when He does do it in dramatic fashion we just say "Praise God".

Seniors, WOW! Rashad, Clay, Greg, Jon, Alex, Cody, Trey, Andrew, Cliff, and Seth. You are our heroes! Don't ever forget how you got here.

Matt, God has been good to you. . . 45 yd. punt, touchdown pass. You have been faithful in honoring Him, your family, and yourself. We love you and your family so much.

One testimony about our coaches: there were two junior players on the field yesterday who had never played football before this season. That's good coaching.

To the rest of the team. . . we will have fun for a long time off of this. Get ready 2007 !

This post has been edited by OBWON: 10 minutes ago

Not taking away anything from JCS, but I noticed the Jackson Sun finally set the record straight and gave some credit to the 2 Jackson High teams from the 60`s that won state championships. They won two and are officially recognized as state champions on the TSSAA website.

JCS is the first team from Jackson to win a state championship since the playoff system was put in place, but not necessarily the first team from Jackson to lay claim to a state championship.

It`s still great though to see a West TN team bring home another 1A championship.

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826286449' date='Dec 3 2006 - 12:59 PM']

Not taking away anything from JCS, but I noticed the Jackson Sun finally set the record straight and gave some credit to the 2 Jackson High teams from the 60`s that won state championships. They won two and are officially recognized as state champions on the TSSAA website.

JCS is the first team from Jackson to win a state championship since the playoff system was put in place, but not necessarily the first team from Jackson to lay claim to a state championship.

It`s still great though to see a West TN team bring home another 1A championship.

It should be noted that it has been primarily the media that's been playing that angle, not so much from the JCS family.

We all know why JCS won....FCS had the curse of slick richard!

J/k guys, Great Job JCS! I didnt think you would win, Congrats from Lookout Valley

The curse of Slick Rick? Come on guys. Old S.R. does not carry any type of curse. S.R. thought that JCS played a good game. Old S.R. has much bigger fish to fry now that the Temple job has come open. Congratulations to JCS on the state championship.