State Championship Attendance

cbg

Rest assured, Ronnie and the T$$AA are laughing all the way to the bank. The whole deal is about the T$$AA making money not the kids or the fans.

I like the games at MTSU. But with the distance for some families, $10. ticket, Parking fees, Food in Murfreesboro and maybe a hotel there are people who are glad the games are on TV just so they can watch them because being there can be very costly if your drive from Memphis or Kingsport. The T$$AA makes money off of the TV broadcast too.

TN Blue Cross who also pay the T$$AA a fee so the games can be called the Blue Cross Bowl.

The T$$AA pays the officials, gives them a coin and flag and that is it.

The kids get the memories, a hat from the sponsor, and some food & bus ride to the game.

We boosters get to buy the rings and pay for the jacket patches.

Got a complaint with the set up or prices? How about contacting these people to start.

http://tssaa.org/BoardofControl/boardof.htm

http://tssaa.org/LegislativeCouncil/legislat.htm

Since when has the boosters been in charge of buying rings and jacket patches for these kids. Do people not pay for there own stuff anymore? My goodness no wonder you complained about 7.00 tickets, to playoff games. You should have stayed home and watched th C'ship game on TV for "free" to match the bus, books, lunch and education you get for free already.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a complaint with the set up or prices? How about contacting these people to start.

Since when has the boosters been in charge of buying rings and jacket patches for these kids. Do people not pay for there own stuff anymore? My goodness no wonder you complained about 7.00 tickets, to playoff games. You should have stayed home and watched th C'ship game on TV for "free" to match the bus, books, lunch and education you get for free already.

Ever hear of taxes?

Sir: My beef is not the cost of the tickets; it is where the money goes. The smallest part of it goes to the kids my friend. I have talked to my local board member and my concern is laughed off like most educators laugh off parents and taxpayers concerns these days. Like we are all too stupid or know nothing. Sure I don't know all of the details but if you don't think the T$$AA is banking big money you are also ignorant of the details. Trips to Destin and Hawaii for most of the T$$AA "Employees" and board members "To attend conferences" are what I question. Salary and benefits into the $100K range is also a bit over the top IMO. I guess I'm the only tax payers who is concerned about such things.

Lets go take a trip downtown knoxville where these Fulton kids live and see what they have to deal with as teenagers. It is amazing what that Coach Coatney (i think that's his name) has done with them.

When you come home from a football game and don't know whether someone will be home or not, or if there will be food there when you get home, then lets see you complain about the bosters buying them rings.

Maybe they should have stayed home and stopped complaining about the ticket prices.... or ....

Maybe you should get off your snobbish, pretentious, high horse there Mr. Nashville and look at what these kids have to deal with these days.

Its not that they didn't get the $120 abercrombie jeans with holes in them last weekend, it that they didn't eat last weekend and are excited to get to school to have a meal thats not sardines and crackers.

Just my 2 cents

My belief is that in moving the game to mufreesboro you have hurt the walk-up crowd potential. I bet there are lots of casual fans in Nashville (not fans of either school) that would show up at Vanderbilt to watch Hillsboro-Maryville but would not make the trip to Murfreesboro to watch that game. Ditto McCallie-BA.

IMO, they should forget anchoring the game to a specific site and move it around to best serve the fans of the schools playing. Last year, for example, common sense should have prevailed in the D2-AAA title game that was between MUS and CBHS. I guarantee the people of Murfreesboro don't care about that game. So let it be played in Memphis and draw a big walk-up crowd. If there are no Memphis teams involved, games between East/Middle TN teams should be played on occasion in East TN (like at the UTC stadium where they play the D1-AA college title game). Or at Carson-Newman, etc.

My belief is that in moving the game to mufreesboro you have hurt the walk-up crowd potential. I bet there are lots of casual fans in Nashville (not fans of either school) that would show up at Vanderbilt to watch Hillsboro-Maryville but would not make the trip to Murfreesboro to watch that game. Ditto McCallie-BA.

IMO, they should forget anchoring the game to a specific site and move it around to best serve the fans of the schools playing. Last year, for example, common sense should have prevailed in the D2-AAA title game that was between MUS and CBHS. I guarantee the people of Murfreesboro don't care about that game. So let it be played in Memphis and draw a big walk-up crowd. If there are no Memphis teams involved, games between East/Middle TN teams should be played on occasion in East TN (like at the UTC stadium where they play the D1-AA college title game). Or at Carson-Newman, etc.

Your ideas make perfect since so I am sure the TSSAA would not consider it. Let's be real, what has the TSSAA done for the schools & athletes lately other than take their money?

Sir: My beef is not the cost of the tickets; it is where the money goes. The smallest part of it goes to the kids my friend. I have talked to my local board member and my concern is laughed off like most educators laugh off parents and taxpayers concerns these days. Like we are all too stupid or know nothing. Sure I don't know all of the details but if you don't think the T$$AA is banking big money you are also ignorant of the details. Trips to Destin and Hawaii for most of the T$$AA "Employees" and board members "To attend conferences" are what I question. Salary and benefits into the $100K range is also a bit over the top IMO. I guess I'm the only tax payers who is concerned about such things.

I know what you are talking about. On a serious note what do those rings cost (each) and how many players are on your team?

I know what you are talking about. On a serious note what do those rings cost (each) and how many players are on your team?

Not sure how much the rings cost, but for the past couple of years the boosters have put on a hot dog supper and silent auction to raise $ so the kids don't have to pay anything. Items for the auction are donated, and you can get quite a bargain for some really good stuff.

With close to 100 kids playing for Alcoa, we have to sell a whole lotta hotdogs and pound the pavement for items to be donated. But, the boys are definitely worth it, and they are well deserving.

I think those numbers are incorrect. I think at the highschool in Alcoa they sold close to 1k worth of tickets prior to the game. I wonder if the numbers show do not include pre-sales.

Also, I watch 3.5 of the 5 games on 2 tickets so I know the numbers do not represent what me and my family (5) did or did not see.

The numbers posted must be presold tickets, because there were many, many more people in actual attendance than posted earlier. I'm a Murfreesboro resident and love having the title game here in the boro, but I wonder what kind of experience the kids would have if the games could be played at LP Field. TX & Colorado play at NFL stadiums. It might be a lot of fun and create more interest.