MHS DOMINATES

jrlcm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game went pretty much as I expected. Some people here in Nashville would not believe me when I told them about the "Program" and how this game would end. Maryville is truly the class of Tennessee in any classification and it is time for the haters to admit that. Anyhow I will not gloat or brag but I will say to those who try to put Maryville down because they are in 4a that it does not really matter because it is not important in the grand scheme of things. Coach Q has set a new bar in Tennesse High School football that may never be passed. Congratulations Maryville. I am proud to be a graduate of this fine school.

Congratulations to the Rebels!!

I, too, watched the game on TV, and GOSH was I impressed. Maryville is the real deal on both sides of the ball. It's obvious this team is cohesive, conditioned and well-coached. One of the announcers pretty much hit it on the head when he said, "They came marching in here like a little army." And they went marching back to East TN with another trophy!

Here's my guess: It won't be the last time they march to M'boro!

'If' y'alls Coach ever leaves I hope it is to take the head job at UT! In my opinion I think he would handle it well!

GQ does seem like he could be college material with the type of offense he runs and stuff. Anyone no if he's one of those coaches that would be interested in that or is he content in the high school ranks?

Congrats to Maryville, by far the best team in 4A.

With what appears to be Smyrna pulling away from Ravenwood it's to bad these two couldn't hang around town tonight and strap it up tomorrow afternoon :thumb:

After listening to the announcer on the TV set after the Smyrna game, he said that Mayrville was the best team in the state. Maybe but I say that after all these years of dominace in 4A, why wouldn't Maryville move up to 5A and try to prove themselves as the best in the state in 5A? They could move up if they wanted to. But maybe they just like dominating in 4A like they have the past 10 years..... A wins a win right? Never play the biggest schools..... just a thought...

After listening to the announcer on the TV set after the Smyrna game, he said that Mayrville was the best team in the state. Maybe but I say that after all these years of dominace in 4A, why wouldn't Maryville move up to 5A and try to prove themselves as the best in the state in 5A? They could move up if they wanted to. But maybe they just like dominating in 4A like they have the past 10 years..... A wins a win right? Never play the biggest schools..... just a thought...

From looking at tssaa.org they missed the 5A cutoff by 7 students and I think they've grown some since then too, so it wouldn't suprise me if they're required to go to 5A in the next reclassification ('09-'10)

I have an idea....how bout we just give Maryville the Golden Ball every year before the season even starts. As long as GQ is the HC we give them the rings and once he leaves we can play ball again and maybe make it interesting again....maybe

Someone has to beat up on Alcoa :unsure: