Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

Are you sure you heard the whole story about that petition? First of all, there were actually only a few players who really wanted Mac out. The others were coerced into signing and that was proven when they were individually asked. (My son was pressured by the upperclassmen but was one of the few who actually stood up and refused to sign the petition) I personally don't think he was losing control of the program, but that's just my opinion. As far as "crazy", well, alot of coaches get a little "crazy" on the sidelines. He really got into the games. It was actually entertaining at times!(ha ha) We miss him.

Coach Johnson resigning was a shock to his players, despite the losing season. I don't know, or care, what he did at his old school, he treated these boys well. We can only hope that whoever we get comes in and lifts the spirit of these young men. Who knows...maybe he'll last 3 years! Best of luck to all young men who work so hard to represent their school!

Yeah, I know the WHOLE story behind the petition....since I was a player! And, not that this matters, but it was a SOPHOMORE that started that petition. So are you sure it was the upperclassmen doing the pressuring? And a little more info on that subject......I was in the Jack Keny building the day John David Pierce came down and allowed the players to voice their concerns to him personally or in small groups...... He was there for a while :thumb:

Yes, he was crazy and losing control of things. We (the football team) got screwed royally that year. A very talented, hungry team was ruined by Mac's infighting with the staff, particularly Coach Tharp, who was brought in to be the offensive coordinator, but was denied the power to do what he wanted. The result was disastrous. We didn't know what kind of offense we were.......something different every week. I'm still surprised we beat Lexington, even though they were highly overrated.

FYI: Coach Johnson didn't resign b/c of what he did at Stratford. I hope to goodness that's not what you've been led to believe......

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know the WHOLE story behind the petition....since I was a player! And, not that this matters, but it was a SOPHOMORE that started that petition. So are you sure it was the upperclassmen doing the pressuring? And a little more info on that subject......I was in the Jack Keny building the day John David Pierce came down and allowed the players to voice their concerns to him personally or in small groups...... He was there for a while :D

Yes, he was crazy and losing control of things. We (the football team) got screwed royally that year. A very talented, hungry team was ruined by Mac's infighting with the staff, particularly Coach Tharp, who was brought in to be the offensive coordinator, but was denied the power to do what he wanted. The result was disastrous. We didn't know what kind of offense we were.......something different every week. I'm still surprised we beat Lexington, even though they were highly overrated.

FYI: Coach Johnson didn't resign b/c of what he did at Stratford. I hope to goodness that's not what you've been led to believe......

What did he do so bad at stratford? how come the negative stuff comes out when ur losing? Why did he resign or get fired?? Enquiring minds want to know.

What did he do so bad at stratford? how come the negative stuff comes out when ur losing? Why did he resign or get fired?? Enquiring minds want to know.

In his second year at Stratford, he played an illegal player (actually it might have been more than one...not sure) , and it finally came out last year. It was in the Tennesseean, so, no, it's not heresay. Stratford, of course, was forced to forfeit all 11 (or 12) wins and had to pay back some money.

I'll guess you'll have to ask John David Pierce why he was forced to resign......... :D

In his second year at Stratford, he played an illegal player (actually it might have been more than one...not sure) , and it finally came out last year. It was in the Tennesseean, so, no, it's not heresay. Stratford, of course, was forced to forfeit all 11 (or 12) wins and had to pay back some money.

I'll guess you'll have to ask John David Pierce why he was forced to resign......... :D

The fine was over $7,000 & there were 3 INELIGABLE PLAYERS!!!!

The fine was over $7,000 & there were 3 INELIGABLE PLAYERS!!!!

This is the second time this week you've had to add to my posts to make them more correct. THANKS! I'm not quite as up to par on the exact figures and stats as I should be :D

Wow....it didn't realize it was that much money. B)

I wonder how mad the Stratford administration was when they found this out last year!! :)

Yeah, I know the WHOLE story behind the petition....since I was a player! And, not that this matters, but it was a SOPHOMORE that started that petition. So are you sure it was the upperclassmen doing the pressuring? And a little more info on that subject......I was in the Jack Keny building the day John David Pierce came down and allowed the players to voice their concerns to him personally or in small groups...... He was there for a while :D

I stand corrected...it was the sophomore class...the seniors of that year weren't included, the juniors didn't support it and the freshman were coerced! Thanks for clearing that up.

Of course I don't think that what WJ did at Stratford caused him to resign..or to be asked to resign. I've read about him cheating and other things at Stratford. He seemed to be a nice, respectful man while he was here.

I stand corrected...it was the sophomore class...the seniors of that year weren't included, the juniors didn't support it and the freshman were coerced! Thanks for clearing that up.

Of course I don't think that what WJ did at Stratford caused him to resign..or to be asked to resign. I've read about him cheating and other things at Stratford. He seemed to be a nice, respectful man while he was here.

Most know it was a sophomore, and the start of it was playing time. Say different but most know what's true. He wasn't gonna start the next year and it ticked him and his family off.

As for Johnson. Only JDP knows. The past 2 seasaons and maybe the coaching thing this year had to do with it. IMO he wasn't going to be given much of a chance when he was hired. He would be the rebound coach. 2 years really isn't enough time to make a team yours.

Most know it was a sophomore, and the start of it was playing time. Say different but most know what's true. He wasn't gonna start the next year and it ticked him and his family off.

As for Johnson. Only JDP knows. The past 2 seasaons and maybe the coaching thing this year had to do with it. IMO he wasn't going to be given much of a chance when he was hired. He would be the rebound coach. 2 years really isn't enough time to make a team yours.

Couldn't agree more!

Easy now......you're talking about a GREAT football player and a GREAT person. Definitely one of the best to play at MCHS. Also has a 4.0 GPA

Playing time? You're crazy....he's the one who filled in for Kevin Bishop (a senior) that year when he got hurt. He would without a doubt been starting the next year. Who else would have?? O'neal was only gonna be a sophomore and def. would've been playing receiver.

This kid just had the guts to do what others didn't!!!! :thumb:

Seriously, how do you figure he would not have been starting? Absurd......

maybe you should limit your posts to that school north of the river. :)