Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is indeed the next coach, MC will be a much improved team next year. He is a very good coach and the players will be worked very hard...which should help them reach their potential. I look for them to win all of their games except DL.

I predict MC makes the playoffs rather easily in what should become a very competitive region next year. DL 1st seed until someone beats them. MC 2nd seed because they reach potential. CC 3rd seed because they return most of the players from their playoff team. The battle for the 4th seed should be tough. A Spring Hill program on the rise. A Page team with new coaching blood. A Giles team that won some games with its senior heavy class. A Creekwood team that should be older and wiser.

YOU ARE EXACTLY CORRECT ABOUT REGION 5-3A NEXT YEAR!!!! IT WILL BE A BETTER REGION THAN IT WAS THIS YEAR AND SHOULD HAVE TWO OR THREE LEGIT STATE TITLE THREATS HEADING INTO THE REGULAR SEASON IN 2007 :lol:

David Lipscomb: they'll return Holt, Davis, & Moneypenny in the backfield and won't lose much at all when Simpson takes over at QB. His top receiver Austin Rogers will also be back next year.

Marshall Co.: they'll return all three of their top skill position players. Cavalla O'Neal will be back at either QB or WR, depending on how the progress of Justin Morris goes under the new coaching staff, also back will be a starting backfield of Don'ta Hightower and Justin Braden.

Cheatham Co.: they'll return all of their linemen on both sides of the football next year and have some great young skill players coming up in Kendall Chambliss, Joe Rhinehart, Garrett Potts, & Tyler Anderson.

Spring Hill: the Raiders gained much confidence down the stretch this year and made a nice playoff push. Quarterback Magwan Smith returns next year to a team that big things will be expected from.

Page: the Patriots do have a new coaching staff and they also have the young talent to be good for the next couple of years to come. Running Back Taylor Lankford and Quarterback Blake Neel could really post some huge numbers in new head coach Jack Daniel's explosive offense.

Giles Co.: they do lose a great senior class that was large in numbers however the talent pool is not necessarily left dry. Josh Perez will take over in the backfield next year and remain a key player in the secondary while big Kendall Dangerfield is also returning next year to anchor the defense.

Creek Wood: the Red Hawks were young this year and suffered through growing pains but next year looks bright for the Charlotte bunch. Quarterback TJ Dollard, a true dual threat, along with big tailback TE Stokes both return in 2007.

Montgomery Central: a young team that was low in numbers this year returns most everyone in the trenches next year and they'll also be helped with the return of key players such as Running Back William Lyle & Michael Cilk.

Edited by Big Country

I am hearing DT and two assistants from Lavergne coming with him including his OC Coach Hester.

MC will be much improved. DT is a defensive guy (check his playing days at LC and MTSU). I bet MC's defense will play with a lot better technique and effort than they have the last two years. They will not give up 40pts a game for a third straight year!

With Hester coming too I think the offense will be in good hands as well. He has run the spread offense at Lavergne and had good results with A-Rod at QB. I am sure he will have success with Stud running the show at MC.

Everyone who plays MC marvels at the athletic ability they see warming up during pregame...I am willing to bet we will all be wowed by their performance in the games in 2007!

I am hearing DT and two assistants from Lavergne coming with him including his OC Coach Hester.

MC will be much improved. DT is a defensive guy (check his playing days at LC and MTSU). I bet MC's defense will play with a lot better technique and effort than they have the last two years. They will not give up 40pts a game for a third straight year!

With Hester coming too I think the offense will be in good hands as well. He has run the spread offense at Lavergne and had good results with A-Rod at QB. I am sure he will have success with Stud running the show at MC.

Everyone who plays MC marvels at the athletic ability they see warming up during pregame...I am willing to bet we will all be wowed by their performance in the games in 2007!

Is the player you all keep referring to as "stud" the talented #4 Cavalla O'Neal????? Nicknames just seem to confuse me :ph34r::lol:

Yes flowerpaw I believe it was an open & close situation down there. I knew that is what that way once Palmer announced his retirement at Page during the spring. Once I figured out the guy who was coming in it was pretty much all downhill from there ;)