Cloudland Football

THE KING

Ladies and gentlemen, look out for a new and improved football program next year. These boys are working their tails off. We are going to be a very physical football team next season. Once again, Cloudland will be the most feared 1-A football program this side of bulls gap. I fully support our new head coach. Everyone that is a fan of Cloudland football should get behind him. He's going in the right direction! Whoo!! :thumb:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Them boys need to listen to their new coach. He knows what he is doing, and if he puts in the Offense that he told me about a while back then we had better hold on there may be some bumps in the road but it will smooth out and look like Cloudland football by mid season. King you are around the coach a little more then me becouse of my work schedule, so can you ask him for me if he is still planning on doing some fundraisers this Winter and Spring. Thanks King and good luck Highlanders!

FightingIrish, I probably won't see Robbie until Friday. I'll try to find something out for you. I hope he does, because I want to contribute all I can to helping this team. This is the best attitude I have ever saw at this school in all the years I've followed this program. These guys want to win. You can see the intensity and excitement in all the coaches and players faces. They want to make up the ground they've lost due to the lack of leadership and discipline in recent years. The first step would be getting enough boys to go to the Hampton weight lifting meet in April and start dominating that competition once again. We're going to have to crawl before we walk, but make no mistake about it, by summer time, our boys will be twice as strong per individual than they were last year. We're going to give Hampton and everyone else fits!! Whoo!! :thumb:

I like what I'm hearing about the kids and coaches working. Thats a step in the right direction.As far as the spread um out and throw it kind of stuff, it really sounds great ,but alot of people don't understand, what do they think Jellico and Grace runs.Some teams are suited for this and some are not,you just have to go with the type offense that best suits the players you have.Harriman had the same style and their inability to run the football costs them two years straight against Hampton.When you get in the red zone,you better have some type of running game.Another thing ,the youth club team I helped with would be perfect for this style of offense, but we don't even try it, Why would we if we are beating everyone 30 to 0 every week. I really doubt any of our youth club teams will be running this kind of stuff, we could probably get good at it because we have alot of good skill people. But our team is the kind of team ,you could run about anything with. Very few 1a schools have the tpye of atheletes it takes to be sucessful with that offence.I hope it works because I wouldn't mind seeing our little team in this style in a few years. My guess is ,it may not look so great at the first and people will be screaming, I hope the coach has thick skin.If people will stand back long enough ,he might just make it work. The one thing I like is, I think he's going to go at it extremely hard. Patience is the word of the day. I guess time will tell.

Pujo, I don't think Robbie will commit to a one-dimensional offense. The one thing I liked about Hampton is they could go to the shot-gun, then the next play Micheal would be under center in the pro set. I think our coaches are catching up as far as the play book goes. My preference is to run the football, but I believe you have to be able to throw it and you need about three recievers that can make the plays. The one thing that hurt Hampton is they had only one star wideout. FC double teamed him and Hampton couldn't throw it to anyone else, thus they had to rely on the run and quick, strong defenses can stop any good running game. I have a suggestion for jr. pee wee and pee wee coaches or even grasscutters. Start developing a kicker when these boys are young. Make all the kids kick footballs til you find one that stands out and we won't get results like: CAK 31-30 and Hampton 21-18. Another suggestion is teach the kids to catch a football the right way when they are 8 or 9 years old instead of waiting til they are in jr. high. If coaches keep ignoring the importance of special teams and certain fundamentals, there will never be a state champion up here. You have to be able to play the complete game. If our boys get stronger, and I think they will, we will be able to spread it out and run the football as well as be a threat to throw it. Keeping a defense on its heels is the key. I think we will have the tools to git'r done. :thumb:

IMO Cloudland does not have the athletes to run a wide open spread "O". You need a smart QB good WRs and a VERY good O line and they just do not have that with what they have coming back, but I do know that they will not take losing lightly on Rone Mtn, but I also believe they are a couple years away from being what they used to be, IF they can ever get back to what they used to be! :thumb:

Cosby coach, you do not want Cloudland to get back to the old days, but sorry dude its gonna happen. We have talented athletes from grade 4 through 9. Eventually, The spread will work. Its up to date football. Heck, we ain't gonna win state running the power I. We've got to get to the point where defenses can't predict us. You are correct. We don't have the athletes right now, but its coming fast. We are going to hit the opposition like a freight train.

An extreme offensive change will take some time get clicking , but it also may spark some interest and get more kids out to play. If Cloudland goes to the spread Highschool football will never be the same to me even though that is the right move if they ever want to win the big one. Cloudland has been able to run all over East TN. 1A for a while but apparently the new coach wants to win more than region 1 some day. Just my opinion but I think C-Land is going the right direction with this change. Region 1 is definately on the rise with Hamptons success , Cosby turning the corner and playing well , possibly a change for the better at Cloudland , and we all know that Private school will be very good very soon. Hey King I'm not sure if I like the new you or not your alot more friendly and down to earth but nowhere near as fun to argue with :) Good luck with those cloudland boys see ya at the Nest next year.