Cloudland Football

THE KING

Most teams run the ball alot even if they are in the spread, I like the offense, getting kids to run good routes is always a challenge. But I do agree we have the talent coming up to run this offense extremely well. Just depends on how many are willing to work and stay with it. I'm behind the coaches and really hope they suceed.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most teams run the ball alot even if they are in the spread, I like the offense, getting kids to run good routes is always a challenge. But I do agree we have the talent coming up to run this offense extremely well. Just depends on how many are willing to work and stay with it. I'm behind the coaches and really hope they suceed.

yes, spread the field and run

Another thing I hope happens is that Cloudland can get something done with their facilities, I know that ours are not TOL, but our playing surface is decent and we are working to improve the other facets of our facilities. If they could just do something with the field that would be a great improvement because that thing is one of the worst playing surfaces of all time! But I am glad that the Landers are putting things together and working to get better, it only makes our conference that much stronger, but what some people fail to realize is that while Cloudland is getting better, Cosby is building as well, and we all know what Hampton is about. By the way heard a rumor about Keith going to coach in Bulldog Blue, any truth to those rumors? ;)

Hey old24eagle, its not the new me. I've been like this my whole life. Most of the posting on here was for entertainment and to bring excitement to the board. But now I've got a younger group of kids who look up to me and I want to provide them an example of work ethic and confidence. No kid should come out for football just to have something to do. Football teaches life and the way you handle yourself on the field could be an indication of how you will handle life situations. We at Cloudland want to keep the tradition of winning. Winning boosts morale. It gives kids and adults the satisfaction of accomplishment. If a kid works toward achieveing a goal and then achieves it on the football field, then he will be confident that he can do the same thing in a career. Parents can take Pujo for example. He is teaching his kids what it takes to make it in a troubled world. He is the perfect example of a parent who loves his children, not just by word, but by deed. I want him at Cloudland, because I see how bright the future is and how much more people in Roan Mt. love football than at Hampton. Slick King wants slick pujo to be a permanent Highlander. Whoooooo!! ;)

Hats off to Keith if he goes to Hampton. Seems like they get people whos wore out their welcome in Roan Mtn anyway. I have been hearing good things about what is going on in the Highlander camp in the past few weeks. The word going around is we are going to get some needed repair to the field. Good, if there is anything I can do King just let me know. Also been hearing of a few ways of raising money for the new field. King please keep me informed on any new happenings and tell Robbie to call me with some info.

Hats off to Keith if he goes to Hampton. Seems like they get people whos wore out their welcome in Roan Mtn anyway. I have been hearing good things about what is going on in the Highlander camp in the past few weeks. The word going around is we are going to get some needed repair to the field. Good, if there is anything I can do King just let me know. Also been hearing of a few ways of raising money for the new field. King please keep me informed on any new happenings and tell Robbie to call me with some info.

Glad to hear about the repairing of the field, sounds like Turbyfield has it going in the right direction, see yall at the Nest next year!

I hope people will still be singing the praises this time next year,Cloudland will be fighting an uphill battle. Teams around them have gotten better and its not going to be easy to climb back to the top.Hrd work,patience and time can get them there. I' ve talked to a few of the kids and they are excited and want to work.

I think its great that the king is wanting to help in the weightroom,he is a perfect example of hard work, and I would recomend one more guy, Kerry Buchanan could be of big help if he were willing to help. I may even start helping at some point, I'm a firm believer in hard work, One bit of advise is make sure the kids are doing the right types of work to make them better at their respective positions.Make lineman better linemen and receivers better receivers,ect ect.

Another thing we as a community should do is have some type of meetings with the parents. Get these kids motivated in school and deal with drug awareness.None of us as parents want their kids brought up in a society where this is the things the popular kids do. We owe it to our kids. Don't get me wrong,its not just our community, but ours is the one we can deal with. Its away out of hand ,and has been for quite some time. Parents are the key to success in all areas, we have alot of great parents, but Ithink alot of them are naive or either so busy they don;t really have the time to see whats going on.

Iappreciate the kings kind words about the way I'm trying to raise my kids . I'm not a perfect parent by any means,but I have perfect intentions. My kids are my life,I have a strong desire to see them achieve in all areas. I know and care about many of the kids in our community and I've worked with many of them .They are all welcome at my home ,any many have been here. Its a little tough around here, we work to get better at something productive every single day.I went to the Jason Witten camp three years ago and his advise to the kids were ,make yourself better every single day ,wheather it be atheletics or academics,, I took it to heart, its our job to see that the kids do it, thats why were parents. I love our little community and our people, we all need to work together to make it the best it can be. The kids are our future.

Its amazing that only 5 years ago my life was a wreck. I don't like to talk about it, but I overdosed and was in the hospital. I had to wear a heart monitor and was embarrassed to show up at the community pep rally before we played Ezell-Harding. I thank the good Lord that he gave me another chance and he brought my fiance into my life. I'm now on cloud nine and I love life. With that being said, I am willing to do anything to keep every kid in our community off of drugs. It almost destroyed me and the sad thing is I was old enough to know better. From this point on, I want to be dedicated to helping every young person I can. Our football team needs leadership. We have to preach confidence and mental toughness. It takes a strong mind to do things right every play. Whether its making a catch, throwing a block, or making an audible and everyone being on the same page. This is going to take a total team and community effort to bring this program back to the top. I don't know about you but I think we can GITTTTTERRRRRR' DONNNNNNNNNNNNEE!!

Its amazing that only 5 years ago my life was a wreck. I don't like to talk about it, but I overdosed and was in the hospital. I had to wear a heart monitor and was embarrassed to show up at the community pep rally before we played Ezell-Harding. I thank the good Lord that he gave me another chance and he brought my fiance into my life. I'm now on cloud nine and I love life. With that being said, I am willing to do anything to keep every kid in our community off of drugs. It almost destroyed me and the sad thing is I was old enough to know better. From this point on, I want to be dedicated to helping every young person I can. Our football team needs leadership. We have to preach confidence and mental toughness. It takes a strong mind to do things right every play. Whether its making a catch, throwing a block, or making an audible and everyone being on the same page. This is going to take a total team and community effort to bring this program back to the top. I don't know about you but I think we can GITTTTTERRRRRR' DONNNNNNNNNNNNEE!!

The one thing I liked about our little team was the parents, these kids are lucky, they as a group do a great job. Nearly everyone of them are A students. I'd give them an A+ in football. If all these kids are still playing at the highschool level, go ahead and mark it on the calender, seven years from now ,we are going to be BAD. We should see improvement next season, but after that ,we should be in the hunt for a long time. The future looks BRIGHT.

I agree pujo although its a great offense but I dont think cloudland has enough talent at critical positions nor speed as far as that goes to run a spread offense.I would love to see it work but I just dont see it happening.If you ask me thats not cloudland football ,you got to be able to run as well as pass maybe if they try mixing it up a little more it would be more successful.I think robbie should concentrate more on passing defense and our kicking game thats what has been our downfall all these years it killed us against ezell,boyd buchanon and also against cak.I think we could have had three state championships if not for our inability to defend the pass.im sure someone will disagree but thats my opinion. quote name='pujo' date='Dec 5 2006 - 12:46 PM' post='826289849']

I like what I'm hearing about the kids and coaches working. Thats a step in the right direction.As far as the spread um out and throw it kind of stuff, it really sounds great ,but alot of people don't understand, what do they think Jellico and Grace runs.Some teams are suited for this and some are not,you just have to go with the type offense that best suits the players you have.Harriman had the same style and their inability to run the football costs them two years straight against Hampton.When you get in the red zone,you better have some type of running game.Another thing ,the youth club team I helped with would be perfect for this style of offense, but we don't even try it, Why would we if we are beating everyone 30 to 0 every week. I really doubt any of our youth club teams will be running this kind of stuff, we could probably get good at it because we have alot of good skill people. But our team is the kind of team ,you could run about anything with. Very few 1a schools have the tpye of atheletes it takes to be sucessful with that offence.I hope it works because I wouldn't mind seeing our little team in this style in a few years. My guess is ,it may not look so great at the first and people will be screaming, I hope the coach has thick skin.If people will stand back long enough ,he might just make it work. The one thing I like is, I think he's going to go at it extremely hard. Patience is the word of the day. I guess time will tell.

Edited by cuda44069

Cuda, I agree with most of your post, but you have to understand that you can run the football out of the spread. People, we are not just going to pass, pass, pass. For some reason, everyone believes that Cloudland is just going to air it out because they are spreading the field, but really it is the opposite. We cannot continue to run a double tight end set with a flanker and we cannot continue to run the power I, because lets face it, we don't have the big men up front anymore. Teams are going to stack the box, they are going to predict us, they are going to stop us like they did this year. We have to develop a short passing game with half back and wide reciever screens and quick slants to keep defenses from blitzing every dad gum play. Last year, Cloudland did not mix up the snap count and the defense stayed in our backfield and the only pass that Keith would try to run is that crazy hop pass right in the middle of 4 defenders. Robbie is broadening the playbook and I thinks its just great. The fans need to have confidence that it will eventually work and that its a step in the right direction. Just because its Cloudland doesn't mean there can be no changes. I'm all for some good changes. :thumb: