Best 4 years in your school's football history

Bill#49

I just witnessed the past three weeks the finest team in Tennessee, regardless of classification, play. I got the opportunity to watch the Maryville Rebels beat a very good Red Bank team, totally destroy Morristown West and win their third consecutive class 4A state championship over Hillsboro. I believe they have won 45 straight games. WOW, what an accomplishment!! http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_maryville2000.htm

Marion County High School seniors from 1992 - 1995 won 56 games and lost 1. During that time they won the 1992 "AA" state championship, 1994 and 1995 "AAA" state championship. All three seasons going 15-0. There only loss coming at Kingston in 1993 in the quarterfinals.

Let me know about the history of other schools out there in Tennessee.

Edited by Bill#49

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 06' seniors of SMITH CO. have the most wins of any graduating class there. We went 42-10, losing to trousdale in the playoffs of 02 who lost to Fulton by 1 and they went on to win state,We lost to Macon by 1 in 03 who lost to Fulton and they went on to win state,We lost to Fulton in 04 who went on to win state, and Boyd Buchanon in 05

im gonna have to say maryvilles seniors. in 4 years they played 59 games and won 58 of those with 3 rings to go with it. pretty impressive.

Everything you say about Maryville's Seniors is true HLfan68. They lost a game when these guys were freshman. However when these seniors were freshmen they won all their games (8-0), so in a sense, these Maryville Seniors finished 53-0.

The 2006 Camden Lions have the honor of being the only graduating class to go to the playoffs all 4 years, , hosting the first home playoff game in school history (and winning), winning the first 2nd round playoff game ever, making 2 quarterfinal appearances and finishing with a best ever 36-13 record. Way to go guys :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

the graduating classes of 1999 and 2000 at trousdale both posted 4 year records of 54W-4L. both classes shared two state championships and were only beaten in the playoffs by eventual state champions. we only lost 2 regular season games in the 4 years that i was lucky enough to get to play football for one of the only programs in 1A that can truely be refered to as a "dynasty" :)

The 06' seniors of SMITH CO. have the most wins of any graduating class there. We went 42-10, losing to trousdale in the playoffs of 02 who lost to Fulton by 1 and they went on to win state,We lost to Macon by 1 in 03 who lost to Fulton and they went on to win state,We lost to Fulton in 04 who went on to win state, and Boyd Buchanon in 05

I think the best SC class was the 1960 senior class. They were 37-5-1 with 4 Tobacco Bowl appearances. There were no classes then...and they had wins over Cookeville...Lebanon...TC...Lawrenceburg...Madison...BGA among others.

Edited by Antwan

Harpeth: '97 (11-1), '98 (10-2), '99 (11-2), '00 (9-3): The Class of 2001 graduated with an overall record of 41-8 and three Region 5-2A Championships. This group never lost a game before the second round or the quarterfinal round of the playoffs (West-TN 2A Powers McKenzie, Milan, & twice to Huntingdon).

Sycamore: '01 (11-2), '02 (6-5), '03 (7-5), '04 (5-5): The Class of 2005 graduated with an overall record of 29-17 during their four years and won three playoff games during that span of time (Bolivar, McNairy Central, & Jackson South Side). Two of those playoff losses were as heartbreaking as it gets against Crockett Co. in 2001 (9-7) & at Greenbrier in 2003 (23-22).

Cheatham Co.: '94 (8-4), '95 (9-3), '96 (6-4), '97 (7-4): The Class of 1998 graduated with an overall record of 30-15 and went to the Class 4A State Playoffs three out of four years. In both '94 & '95 the Cubs lost to at the time 4A powerhouse Westwood, who at the time featured future TSU quarterback Kenton Evans, then in '97 the Cubs went to the 4A playoffs and lost a 17-6 battle to an at the time unbeaten Tullahoma bunch.

I must also note that the Classes of 2006: '02 (5-6), '03 (8-3), '04 (8-4), & '05 (9-3) & 2007: '03 (8-3), '04 (8-4), '05 (9-3), & '06 (5-6) at Cheatham County Central High School finished with records of 30-16 during their four years and both groups qualified for both the Class 3A & Class 2A State Playoffs all four years during their span of time at CCCHS.

Edited by Big Country