Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game tonite.....Union City and Humboldt put on a show for about 2 1/2 quarters....Humboldt led this game at one point early in the third quarter by 11 at 46-35...This after the Vikings had led at half 40-35....But UC caught fire and exploded on Humboldt from that point on 53-24 and beat the 3rd ranked Vikings 88-70..About midway in the second quarter Cordero Wade went unconscious from the three point line..I don't know exactly how many he hit,but it was a few....Union City stayed packed in a 2-3 zone and really didn't let Sain,Epperson or Perry hurt them inside....Sain and Epperson had a slam apiece and Epperson made some nice moves in the fourth quarter when the game was basically over...Sain went out in the fourth quarter with what looked like an ankle injury and didn't return to the game...Union City played almost the entire game in foul trouble..The Tornadoes picked foul after foul in the first quarter and Humboldt was in the double bonus in the first quarter....The Tornadoes still pressed,but played smart with the fouls and nobody ended up fouling out.....I think this was a statement game for the Tornadoes..It might be one people will look back on at the end of the season as a defining moment for this group....Union City took Humboldt's best shot but didn't flinch..They stuck to their gameplan through the foul trouble and the hostile crowd and came out on top....

What a game tonite.....Union City and Humboldt put on a show for about 2 1/2 quarters....Humboldt led this game at one point early in the third quarter by 11 at 46-35...This after the Vikings had led at half 40-35....But UC caught fire and exploded on Humboldt from that point on 53-24 and beat the 3rd ranked Vikings 88-70..About midway in the second quarter Cordero Wade went unconscious from the three point line..I don't know exactly how many he hit,but it was a few....Union City stayed packed in a 2-3 zone and really didn't let Sain,Epperson or Perry hurt them inside....Sain and Epperson had a slam apiece and Epperson made some nice moves in the fourth quarter when the game was basically over...Sain went out in the fourth quarter with what looked like an ankle injury and didn't return to the game...Union City played almost the entire game in foul trouble..The Tornadoes picked foul after foul in the first quarter and Humboldt was in the double bonus in the first quarter....The Tornadoes still pressed,but played smart with the fouls and nobody ended up fouling out.....I think this was a statement game for the Tornadoes..It might be one people will look back on at the end of the season as a defining moment for this group....Union City took Humboldt's best shot but didn't flinch..They stuck to their gameplan through the foul trouble and the hostile crowd and came out on top....

If I'am not mistaken, MJ Brown played the whole game due the foul trouble the refs got some of the other guys in. Not complaining, but some of the fouls were very very very picky. It appeared MJ got winded but played thru it and was one the reasons UC was able to put the game away.

If I'am not mistaken, MJ Brown played the whole game due the foul trouble the refs got some of the other guys in. Not complaining, but some of the fouls were very very very picky. It appeared MJ got winded but played thru it and was one the reasons UC was able to put the game away.

They were inconsistant..You would have a hard foul go uncalled then have a touch foul called....They(the refs)were out of position alot of times....I'm pretty sure MJ played every minute...

HUmboldt is no match for union city, although their fans think they are. Pat Polk and camron callicot stayed more aggressive with saine and epperson than last meeting, and cedric, jeremy, mj, tony, and ryne were just krunk like ALWAYS. Can't wait to see if Lake County can hang with union city, cause humboldt cant for 4 Qtrs. Cant wait for a LC-UC rematch. Union City will win that game by 10.

REPEAT

Edited by WestTnFootball

They were inconsistant..You would have a hard foul go uncalled then have a touch foul called....They(the refs)were out of position alot of times....I'm pretty sure MJ played every minute...

MJ Brown is the leader of the Tornadoes. He scored on three straight possessions in the 3rd quarter that gave UC the lead. Obviously Cedric Allen was the leading scorer with his 5 3's and most of them were clutch, but MJ is still the X factor (not to be confused with the X man from last year, who got UC crunk before the game). MJ played every single second of the game, and led UC to a huge win to basically clinch 1st place for the toughest district in the state.

(I say basically clinch, but who knows about Bradford since they have been beating everybody as of late......)

Tonight was a great game until the end...Most will look at the score and think UC dominated...I can't really make any excuses on this game...Humboldt played a good game...Maybe not their best because they're still not where they should be defensively and they didn't rebound well, but they went punch for punch with the number 2 team in the state for 3 quarters...UC then absolutely went off and once they got it going there really wasn't anything Humboldt could do...However, Humboldt didn't give up...I'm sure many from UC will attest to this...They are a different team and I think they proved they can play with UC...They still have some work to do but I do believe that Humboldt can beat UC...It's going to be tough because they are a great team, but far from invincible

As far as Cordero Wade, that's what he can do when he's hot...He's a streaky shooter and when he's on, he can definitely make it rain out there...He's done it at times this year so don't think it was a fluke...

Backinthaoc, what do you honestly think of this Humboldt team?? What's your assessment on these guys vs. the team UC played the first time?? And finally, do you think that Humboldt will be able to threaten UC come tournament time??

Tonight was a great game until the end...Most will look at the score and think UC dominated...I can't really make any excuses on this game...Humboldt played a good game...Maybe not their best because they're still not where they should be defensively and they didn't rebound well, but they went punch for punch with the number 2 team in the state for 3 quarters...UC then absolutely went off and once they got it going there really wasn't anything Humboldt could do...However, Humboldt didn't give up...I'm sure many from UC will attest to this...They are a different team and I think they proved they can play with UC...They still have some work to do but I do believe that Humboldt can beat UC...It's going to be tough because they are a great team, but far from invincible

As far as Cordero Wade, that's what he can do when he's hot...He's a streaky shooter and when he's on, he can definitely make it rain out there...He's done it at times this year so don't think it was a fluke...

Backinthaoc, what do you honestly think of this Humboldt team?? What's your assessment on these guys vs. the team UC played the first time?? And finally, do you think that Humboldt will be able to threaten UC come tournament time??

I think Humboldt needs to decide what they want to be.....They have the players inside that should be giving every team in this district fits....At times last nite they would move the ball inside and be effective....I understand though when someone like Wade goes nuts from the outside like he did you got to go to him....If they ever have a game when both the post play and perimeter play click,they will be unbeatable....For about a quarter that happened last nite....Their ball handling is still suspect...I think what happened last year between UC-Humboldt is fueling UC's fire this year..I think the guys are tired of hearing that had Humboldt and UC played in the championship game in Murfreesboro last year Humboldt would have won.....I am too,honestly....I think in a one game,do or die situation,the coaching staff of Union City would come out on top over Humboldt's...

Humboldt's defense isn't where it needs to be and UC rebounded much bettter this time around than in the last game....While people have said Union City peaked early this year,I still think they are improving..I still think Union City is much better this year than last....You can't key on one guy.....Look at last nite...Cedric Allen was the guy early on,then Tony Wilkins took over,then it was Jeremy Simpson,Then MJ Brown...Even Cameron Callicott hit a HUGE three there in the third quarter..Ryne Simpson came in and did a really good job off the bench....Then you get six points from Pat Polk and a monster effort game from him...He was inside battling those bigs from Humboldt just like he was 6'5".....How many times last nite did you see those small guys from UC with hands over the rim tipping missed shots??...It was a bunch..A lot of heart and effort...Come tournament time it will be in all the Viking's minds that this Union City team has beaten them by 13 and 18..It will be tough for Humboldt to beat the Tornadoes in tournament play.....

Edited by backinthaoc

Game stats from UC at Humboldt.....

Union City.....11......24.......25.......28.....=88

Humboldt......10......30.......16.......14.....=70

Union City Scoring.....

MJ Brown-19pts

J.Simpson-18pts

C.Allen-23pts

T.Wilkins-17pts

P.Polk-6pts

C.Callicott-3pts

R.Simpson-2pts

Humboldt Scoring......

Jackson-11pts

Epperson-14pts

Hunt-14pts

Wade-20pts

Sain-5pts

Taylor-4pts

Perry-2pts

Three point shots....

Union City-Allen(5),J.Simpson(3),MJ Brown(2),C.Callicott(1)

Humboldt-Wade(6),Jackson(3),Hunt(1)