Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

That is Elijah talking.I do hear that he is being recruited by Ole Miss in football but not basketball.I think that the reason that Humboldt and Lake Co games be so close with Bradford is that they both play a halfcourt game with Bradford whereas Union City play them from baseline to baseline and get the game at a breakneck pace that they cant keep up with.This is one reason that i see Lake Co or Humboldt getting knocked off by sum one in the regionals or substate.Lake Co is forced to play llike that now cause they only have 6 players and it should be Humboldts style with the big guys they have.I like one thing about Bradford is that Eddings do have them playing hard the whole game and they have a couple of guys that can shoot the rock.Looking forward to a great tournament.

I can see it in football possibly,but not basketball.....

Eddings is doing a good job with Bradford...I've been saying he is a good coach...They just won't beat Union City...Like you said they can't keep up,not for four quarters....

Whoever does make it through to The Boro out of this region will already have played in two state tournaments...The District AND Regional tourney will be tougher to win than the state tournament....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard that the Haywood-Union City boys only game set for Saturday night Feb.3rd at Union City has been cancelled....Haywood started trying to get out of the game on Wednesday citing the extended weather forcast and having players sick and not knowing if they would have enough kids to bring to Union City....I hate to hear this news...I was looking forward to watching this game...I would have to think twice now about scheduling Haywood in the future....

Score at the half in Greenfield.....

Union City-40

Greenfield-27

After Greenfield surprised Union City with a 13-11 lead after one quarter,Union City outscores the Yellow Jackets 29-14 in the second quarter to race out to a lead of 13 at half....

Union City Scoring....

J.Simpson-14pts

Tony Wilkins-11pts

Cedric Allen-7pts

Pat Polk-6pts

Ryne Simpson-2pts

Greenfield Scoring.....

McMullen-8pts

McHaney-4pts

Blackburn-7pts

Laster-4pts

Southard-2pts

Ricketts-2pts

Final from Greenfield.....

Union City-78

Greenfield-60

Union City Scoring....

Jeremy Simpson-22pts

Tony Wilkins-17pts

Cedric Allen-9pts

Pat Polk-9pts

Ryne Simpson-5pts

KJ Brooks-5pts

MJ Brown-4pts

BJ Marshall-4pts

Andre' Coby-2pts

Lavan Mosley-1pts

Greenfield Scoring.....

McMullen-13pts

Blackburn-13pts

McHaney-10pts

Laster-9pts

Ricketts-6pts

Southard-5pts

Black-4pts

From what i hear humboldt's star F Elijah Epperson is getting offers from ole miss,memphis,tennessee,and vandy.Is all state reciever going to make it in both sports.Can he lead his team to state in march.

I could not stop myself from responding to this post.

First - this is E.J. Not only because I know it for a fact, but because he did a great job disguising himself with the shady screenname.

Next - there is a difference in a recruiting letter and an offer, E.J. No money offered - no actual offer. They send out hundreds of those recruiting letters each week.

Also - I guarantee you none of those schools wants you to play basketball. You could be a top recruit in football, no doubt. Maybe to Ole Miss or Memphis, doubtful to Tennessee, and no way that your grades get you past the gates at Vandy. If I'm wrong about the grades, then my source is wrong. But I doubt it.

Finally - get off of CoachT and into the gym to work on that hideous jump shot. Your response will probably be something about being able to dunk. I contend that I have never seen anyone dunk a free throw. Stop making a fool of yourself on the internet.

PS - rumor has it that you are also considering baseball this year? My guess is that you'll back out claiming you want to "focus" on other sports. Coach Scott and his staff are not Coach Boykin. You won't be able to slack off and they don't care that your are the mighty Elijah. Prove me wrong and I'll stand corrected.

I could not stop myself from responding to this post.

First - this is E.J. Not only because I know it for a fact, but because he did a great job disguising himself with the shady screenname.

Next - there is a difference in a recruiting letter and an offer, E.J. No money offered - no actual offer. They send out hundreds of those recruiting letters each week.

Also - I guarantee you none of those schools wants you to play basketball. You could be a top recruit in football, no doubt. Maybe to Ole Miss or Memphis, doubtful to Tennessee, and no way that your grades get you past the gates at Vandy. If I'm wrong about the grades, then my source is wrong. But I doubt it.

Finally - get off of CoachT and into the gym to work on that hideous jump shot. Your response will probably be something about being able to dunk. I contend that I have never seen anyone dunk a free throw. Stop making a fool of yourself on the internet.

PS - rumor has it that you are also considering baseball this year? My guess is that you'll back out claiming you want to "focus" on other sports. Coach Scott and his staff are not Coach Boykin. You won't be able to slack off and they don't care that your are the mighty Elijah. Prove me wrong and I'll stand corrected.

You should probably just stick to coaching cheerleading.

How did the Humboldt-Bradford game turn out last night?

humboldt won by 9...can't exactly remember the score but it was 70 something to 60 something i think...humboldt was up by 23 in the 2nd half and brought in the jv squad...jv squad started giving up stupid fouls and gave up unguarded 3's...whoever #4 is for bradford...he wasn't hitting many of the shots that he was hitting the last game at bradford...saw him shooting before the game and he airballed at least 3 3's...but humboldt pretty much dominated the whole game...3's kept bradford even close...nothing against bradford, but i saw a totally different bradford team play last night compared the team that beat humboldt by 23 last time