• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude,

Publics have recruited all surrounding counties of a

county.

Your math is flawed.

But many privates have vast resources.

The difference is that many privates are competing

with publics with lesser resources than the privates.

Stan,

Your argument is good...as long as you are talking about the prep schools, which are all in DII and therefore not competing with publics at all. If you are talking about the DI privates then in general they have LESS money than the small publics...I have posted figures on here many times but each time I do all the anti-private crowd posters change subjects...

Just like religious fanatics when you show that a key piece of dogma is obviously false they simply ignore what you have said and move on.

Wow! One day Flatt is the godfather of the private kingdom, and now he speaks

out against the kingdom, and he's the dumbest guy on the planet. Hmmmmm.

:thumb:

Grunt,

Flatt has never been popular with the small religious privates for the same reason he is unpopular with the publics...don't set up straw men then knock them down, too many smart people posting on these boards. The reason Flatt and other DII figures want a total split is that that will provide more schools in DII. Also the big dominant privates in DII will run the show...neither of those options sounds good to the smaller privates.

Flatt has never been the 'godfather' of anything private, just a good football coach who has an agenda like everyone else.

Wardawgs' question was why do you want to play "athletics" with publics?

There are plenty of privates in your 9 county area to play with.

All privates are not alike. The reason for DII was financial aid. Small DI privates don't give it, so the obvious question is why in the world would we want to play against schools that do.

You have set yourself up in a logical trap. If it is fair for us to go play the DII schools who do offer aid then aid isn't really an advantage and DII should never have been formed.

If it is unfair for us to do that then why in the world would you think we should. Only possible anser is that you are prejudiced so badly against privates that you want to punish them...you tell me which it is.

Not so fast my friend. Logical trap. Let's see alot of small privates move around or some I would see your bucks having an advantage over. With your enrollment size, without the mnultiplier, you would play Davidson Academy, St. George's, SAS and others. You try to make out as if you have to play the MBAs and Brentwoods of the world. Are you saying you could not compete or be on equal groud with those guys? 2nd with a complete split you would have all the Alphabet schools there also. Your argument does not hold water. DII has large and small classes. There are schools who jump ship back and forth from DII to DI, example Notre Dame in your area. Is it coincidence they played in DII know are in DI and have back to back playoff appearances and a semifinal appearance? To finish, am I biased toward privates? No. I have some very good friends who coach at private schools, It is my opinion that these schools have certain advantages over public schools, especially at the 1A level. I look at our playoff run last year, we beat two privates and lost to the third, eventual state champ, and would have faced a fourth in the finals. So in all we would have played one public during the five game run and that is because there are now no privates in region 5 or 6. I am for the split that is my opinion.

I love when the private supporters throw out their public taxes thing! That makes me laugh as if they are the only ones to pay taxes!! :D I guess all the poor kids in rural public schools have parents on welfare. :P You pay taxes yet you CHOOSE not to use the educational system you help pay for. So I feel that holds little water. Just as they say, if you don't vote don't fuss about the elected officials, if you do not use the public education system provided, don't complain. DII is also part of the TSSAA, you would still be a member and play under the membership. Not a valid point in my humble opinion. :angry:

Grunt,

Flatt has never been popular with the small religious privates for the same reason he is unpopular with the publics...don't set up straw men then knock them down, too many smart people posting on these boards. The reason Flatt and other DII figures want a total split is that that will provide more schools in DII. Also the big dominant privates in DII will run the show...neither of those options sounds good to the smaller privates.

Flatt has never been the 'godfather' of anything private, just a good football coach who has an agenda like everyone else.

Flatt not popular? This the guy that gets all the press for your group. He was

your face & voice, like it or not now that he has stepped aside.

Too many smart people? Your argument isn't so smart. The big dominant

privates run the show? You have size classes! Small schools won't be playing

BA & the rest. You would be playing in your own element.

The really funny thing about your agrument is you are making the same

point the publics are making against privates. Advantage. You don't want

to play against the other DIIs' because you are afraid they can out recruit

you. Welcome to the club.

One question you keep shying away from, is why do you even want to

play publics. You are too good to go to their schools, but want to show

up on Fri, nite to play ball. Why not just stay away altogether?

To answer everyones question that has been put up here lately, am I

prejudiced against privates? Yes, I am prejudiced against unfair competition.

Privates certainly fit in that category. Then they are arrogant enough to think

no one will notice.

The up side is, they have become so blatant, the full split is just a matter of

time. The sooner, the better.

Not so fast my friend. Logical trap. Let's see alot of small privates move around or some I would see your bucks having an advantage over. With your enrollment size, without the mnultiplier, you would play Davidson Academy, St. George's, SAS and others. You try to make out as if you have to play the MBAs and Brentwoods of the world. Are you saying you could not compete or be on equal groud with those guys? 2nd with a complete split you would have all the Alphabet schools there also. Your argument does not hold water. DII has large and small classes. There are schools who jump ship back and forth from DII to DI, example Notre Dame in your area. Is it coincidence they played in DII know are in DI and have back to back playoff appearances and a semifinal appearance? To finish, am I biased toward privates? No. I have some very good friends who coach at private schools, It is my opinion that these schools have certain advantages over public schools, especially at the 1A level. I look at our playoff run last year, we beat two privates and lost to the third, eventual state champ, and would have faced a fourth in the finals. So in all we would have played one public during the five game run and that is because there are now no privates in region 5 or 6. I am for the split that is my opinion.

In aid giving schools...I don't think the size of the school is much of a factor. I would be for 4 classes. Two public...and two private (aid and non-aid).

Flatt not popular? This the guy that gets all the press for your group. He was

your face & voice, like it or not now that he has stepped aside.

What group is that? BA isn't a member of any group that the small privates are a part of. He hasn't been the face or voice for the 1A and 2A privates. I think a lot of the problem with this whole debate is that "anti-privates" think that all privates are like BA, McCallie, Baylor, MBA, etc, etc. DCA, CPA, Boyd, JCS and other small privates were not founded for the same reasons as the bigger ones, they have different missions and agendas and frankly they are two totally different animals.

All schools everywhere have advantages and disadvantages whether public or private. The small privates have a whole lot more in common with their public rivals than they do the big DII schools.