Question for 1A fans that want a split

So what you are saying is that no feeder programs for anyone but privates?? south pitt has one call TSSAA. I took what you say to mean that if a child is not enrolled at the school then should not play for the feeder program, thus stating that if South Pitt has 5 elementary schools, only the school that is south pitt elementary is alllowed to wear the appropriate clothing, and play together. Which, as i hate to say is not how it works. The only high schools that are connected to elementary is privates, so you are either saying that only privates should be allowed to have feeders as long as they are from their schools (publics don't have k-12 schools), OR you are saying that publics can use many different elementary's, while privates can only use thier own.... either way seems very unfair to me.

****this post is no way accusing South Pittsburgh. I have heard great things of thier feeder programs and thus used it as an example****

Actually, what The Bull is saying is that if a private school is in a league that plays other school teams, then they should play only the students enrolled at their school and not use students from outside of their school.

A community team that allows students from many schools should participate as that, a community team. In many middle TN towns the communities have joined a league that is just for the purpose of developing youth athletics.

Examples:

Bordeaux Eagles

Brentwood Blaze

Cookeville Cavaliers

Donelson Warriors

Franklin Cowboys

Gallatin Green Wave

Goodlettsville Trojans

Grassland Golden Eagles

Hendersonville Titans

Mt. Juliet Bears

Murfreesboro Mustangs

Nashville Panthers

Nolensville Panthers

Shelbyville Eagles

Smyrna Bulldogs

South Nashville Sooners

Tennessee Patriots

Warren Co. Pioneers

These teams can all be found in the TYFA league/association at

Tennesse Youth Football Association

Many of these teams are made up of communities that may or may not have players that will attend one high school. However, I can bet you that some definitely are made up to be a feeder type program. I am curious if the South Pitt team is in a similar league, or do they play other school teams.

Either way, I am sure that the S.P. teams are all in line of a direct feeder pattern, whereas your school's only direct feeder pattern would be the students currently enrolled.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, what The Bull is saying is that if a private school is in a league that plays other school teams, then they should play only the students enrolled at their school and not use students from outside of their school.

A community team that allows students from many schools should participate as that, a community team. In many middle TN towns the communities have joined a league that is just for the purpose of developing youth athletics.

Examples:

Bordeaux Eagles

Brentwood Blaze

Cookeville Cavaliers

Donelson Warriors

Franklin Cowboys

Gallatin Green Wave

Goodlettsville Trojans

Grassland Golden Eagles

Hendersonville Titans

Mt. Juliet Bears

Murfreesboro Mustangs

Nashville Panthers

Nolensville Panthers

Shelbyville Eagles

Smyrna Bulldogs

South Nashville Sooners

Tennessee Patriots

Warren Co. Pioneers

Many of these teams are made up of communities that may or may not have players that will attend one high school. However, I can bet you that some definitely are made up to be a feeder type program. I am curious if the South Pitt team is in a similar league, or do they play other school teams.

Either way, I am sure that the S.P. teams are all in line of a direct feeder pattern, whereas your school's only direct feeder pattern would be the students currently enrolled.

This is probably the exception rather than the rule, but a while back I looked at the old roster of my son's last Brentwood Blaze team. Kids on that one team ended up playing for Brentwood High, Brentwood Academy, FRA, CPA, Father Ryan and MBA.

Yeah...they were pretty good!! :D

Examples:

Bordeaux Eagles

Brentwood Blaze

Cookeville Cavaliers

Donelson Warriors

Franklin Cowboys

Gallatin Green Wave

Goodlettsville Trojans

Grassland Golden Eagles

Hendersonville Titans

Mt. Juliet Bears

Murfreesboro Mustangs

Nashville Panthers

Nolensville Panthers

Shelbyville Eagles

Smyrna Bulldogs

South Nashville Sooners

Tennessee Patriots

Warren Co. Pioneers

I do understand your argument. (For the record i don't know what league if any FCS plays in). But like i said i understand your argument but i just do not see it the same way. i think that regardless of leauges you play in, A school should be allowed to offer a program for a young child to play in, assuming that the child would have no where else to play at without the offer (something i know is true at FCS at least).

I just got done with my football playing days.... and granteed i'm not about to read through 16 pages of stuff i just have a question.

There are 59 teams in TSSAA D1 1A right now.... as of next year that number will be going down at least 1 that i know of (JCS) and mabey 2.

I would say around half of those are privates, i think i heard someone say that there were as many as 30 privates.

So assuming all privates were kicked out, two things would happen,

there would be mass confusion and little pride in making the playoffs. The current system requires 32 teams...

Also, how many people on here are really unbiased?? I have no shame in admitting that since i played for a private school, i think they should stay together, not because i have so mystical knowledge of recruitment, or better training, or anything of the sort....but because i think that saying you are the state champion out of 60 teams, has alot more pride behind it than saying you are the best out of 30. After all this is the only time in their lives that these kids will play the game at is pure form, for nothing more than pride.

I almost wish that instead of parents, coaches, and past players arguing about this, that we could somehow get a poll of the players. Because to the players, i don't think that it matter on a widespread basis.

The only other thing i have to say is to "bull". I played on a 5th and 6th grade team, (in fact we wore green jerseys just like the team you are complaining about :D ) I have to relate this to South Pitt, they have many feeder programs around the town, starting probobly well before 5h and 6th grade, and i don't know but i would venture to say that they wear orange and black and sport the name of south pitt. To take away feeder programs would be a travesty to small town football. in some of these towns football is god, starting from younger days all the way up to high school.

If privates were to go to their own league...there would probably be anywhere from two to four public classes. They would be divided (initially) evenly. Those classes would likely be larger than the current classes. Also...the number of schools in each class (under the current format) won't go down in 2009. There are several new football playing schools...and the classes will initially be divided close to evenly. The only thing that would change that is schools moving up after the initial count. That won't likely be any privates due to the multiplier.

I don't get the feeder program dialogue. Most public elementary schools are zoned to some high school. Where you live determines where you attend.

In private schools...I don't care if they play together before high school. They should be able to go to any school they wish. If they want to pay the money...then so be it. They just can't be contacted by the school's coaching staff to do so until they are enrolled.

In private schools...I don't care if they play together before high school. They should be able to go to any school they wish. If they want to pay the money...then so be it. They just can't be contacted by the school's coaching staff to do so until they are enrolled.

That is about as cornbread english as i think i have heard anyone put it (myself included). I agree with you that as long as the high school (or even middle school) coaches do not contact them in any way they should be allowed to.... glad someone found a way to say it that was understandable...

I agree with what you are saying there ksgovol. Finally I think someone has hit the nail on the head. I`ve always said the main key to any program was the coach. A coach does more than just teach x`s and o`s. He`s a leader and motivator and recruiter. Some kids have to be prodded out of the hallways. Kids need a direction and purpose to do that extra weight work in the offseason and I`m not talking about 2 or 3 players. I`m talking about the whole team doing what it takes to be a top level team. Not too long ago JaxMan pointed out that he knew someone from a school that didn`t have a summer workout program. How can you expect to be successful if you don`t do the things that make you successful?

A good coach also motivates parents. It shouldn`t be a coaches job to run a booster club, but he can still be instrumental in finding the right parents to do the job. He can also develop a good relationship with local merchants to get their support. At JCM we have a whole lot of parents that simply won`t help out with fundraisers and such, but the last several years the booster club has been reborn and more parents are getting involved and it makes a difference. Lat year we had enough money left over to send the seniors to the Peach Bowl to watch Miami and LSU.

These are all things that a good coach might not be responsible for directly, but is a result though of being a good leader, motivator, and communicator.

You can look at someone like Satterfield who has been there a long time and tell he`s the main reason that Trousdale is so good. I frankly don`t think there is much difference between the boys at Trousdale and those at Perry County. Trousdale just has a better direction.

I will also say this....I think it`s harder for small rural schools to find a good coach who wants to stay in a rural area, or doesn`t care to move up to a bigger program. But I think that comes down to more of an urban/rural difference rather than a public/private one.

Perry County is headed in that direction. We have had coaching problems in the past, but Coach Bradley is young, motivated, and is going to keep the boys motivated. Already there are a lot of kids who say they are playing in '07 that didn't play in '06. I think the '06 season was a turning point for PC.

Perry County is headed in that direction. We have had coaching problems in the past, but Coach Bradley is young, motivated, and is going to keep the boys motivated. Already there are a lot of kids who say they are playing in '07 that didn't play in '06. I think the '06 season was a turning point for PC.

Sounds like a good start....keep at it....hard work.....attitude......wish you the best. :rolleyes: