Question for 1A fans that want a split

Here`s a legitimate question for 1A fans that want a split and I really believe that this question gets down to the VERY BASIC problem at hand.

How does Trousdale County do it?

I hear complaints about private schools yet here is a very small 1A rural public school that not only has had great success but for years has continued to have a great program. If they were a private school they would be described as being dominant. So what I`m asking from those of you who maintain that private schools have unfair advantages is to stop and reflect and take a look at Trousdale County and discuss what they have and the reasons why they are consistently very good.

Stop trying to compare your school to private schools for a moment and compare yourself to TC.

Let`s hear it.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::Chirp, Chirp ... Chirp, Chirp::

Crickets! :thumb:

VoGe ... you got to quit asking those tough questions! :thumb:

Trousdale has a rock solid program,only the kids who are willing to give it their all,play. They have great coaching and disapline. They also have better natural atheletes than alot of the compitition. In a school of around 400 ,they only dress about 30 kids. They are still at a disadvantage when it comes to playing some of the private schools. People who look at this from both sides, know what the disadvantages are. They just tend to keep it to themselves. I'm syre Coach Satterfielf could enlighten us all. He don't like it anymore than the rest of us,

Who put out TC this year......? Small, predominantly rural county, no other school detracts from their enrollment, good coach, players buying into his system,......! The fact that TC gets everyone in their county to choose from certainly makes them a bit unique, wouldn't you say? :thumb: I'm not certain there is another county in the state that doesn't have at least two high schools inside its boundaries. TC has a good opportunity to remain competitive every year for that reason alone, but they aren't gonna be able to plug a weak spot if they get one like Tenn Temple did so well this past year. Only problem Temple is gonna have is they have too many holes for even them to overcome next season. :thumb: Poor recruiting management if you ask me! B)

Kazzy

Trousdale has a rock solid program,only the kids who are willing to give it their all,play. They have great coaching and disapline. They also have better natural atheletes than alot of the compitition. In a school of around 400 ,they only dress about 30 kids. They are still at a disadvantage when it comes to playing some of the private schools. People who look at this from both sides, know what the disadvantages are. They just tend to keep it to themselves. I'm syre Coach Satterfielf could enlighten us all. He don't like it anymore than the rest of us,

pujo...I would agree with you about the athletes if it was just maybe a few year run of good athletes coming through their system, but TC has managed to stay on top for years. There`s no way you can honestly tell me that being from Trousdale County makes you a better athlete than someone from say Perry County.

My thoughts are that instead of worrying about private schools that other rural programs should take a long look at how things operate in Trousdale County. Then I believe some of the answers will become more clear as to why other rural programs fall short.

It seems to me that many want to make private schools the scapegoat. TC can compete well with any private school in 1A and they have done so for years on end. They have also shown that in most years they can even be better than private schools.

I`m just trying to focus on what TC does that makes them a perinial power in 1A.

If you want to broaden the discussion to 2A, then let`s also talk about Alcoa. Obviously these programs "get it" . They have what it takes to win and be successful. They know what it takes and they get the job done.

well TC is not the only county in the state that has just one HS, Perry Co I know is one, and while they are not a football power, They have been known to win a few Basketball games here and there. Like someone here said, Trousdale in football and Perry in Basketball have built up a big tradition in the sports that they seem to be good at. Tradition and good coaching that stays for a while is the key to a sucessful program at this level, when getting players from a bigger area is not an option.

My ears must have been burning VG lol

Edited by 1AMAN

pujo...I would agree with you about the athletes if it was just maybe a few year run of good athletes coming through their system, but TC has managed to stay on top for years. There`s no way you can honestly tell me that being from Trousdale County makes you a better athlete than someone from say Perry County.

My thoughts are that instead of worrying about private schools that other rural programs should take a long look at how things operate in Trousdale County. Then I believe some of the answers will become more clear as to why other rural programs fall short.

It seems to me that many want to make private schools the scapegoat. TC can compete well with any private school in 1A and they have done so for years on end. They have also shown that in most years they can even be better than private schools.

I`m just trying to focus on what TC does that makes them a perinial power in 1A.

If you want to broaden the discussion to 2A, then let`s also talk about Alcoa. Obviously these programs "get it" . They have what it takes to win and be successful. They know what it takes and they get the job done.

I guess when you say it, it holds a lot more weight than when I do! (This is what I had been saying in the "split" thread)

I think that if the publics that want the split, actually do get the split, they will still have to compete with the Alcoa's, Trousdales, Fultons and so on. I just wanted to know what these teams do that the others can't.

Every single school that wins have advantages, successful public schools have their advantages and likewise with the private schools. Some areas of the state are gifted with better atheletes, some just have a hard working staff with a successful program. The private schools who are successful have their own recipe. I know what they are and so do you. Thats the reason Trousdale has 30 hard working kids and FA has 60. Its the nature of things ,and really nothing wrong with it,just a valid reason for the split. Now that we've tried to show the reason for Trousdales success, how about you telling us the secret of the better private schools.

At this point I wished the small public schools would leave the TSSAA and start their own association exluding all private schools. Let the TSSAA have the privates.

Since all you've done is complain about how much more money the privates have, how exactly are you going to afford this? :thumb:

Since all you've done is complain about how much more money the privates have, how exactly are you going to afford this? :thumb:

I got it! Revenue sharing!!!!!

It works in the NFL, why not the TSSAA? This way, you can take all the money that those rich ol' private schools makes at a football game PLUS stab those wealthy schools too to redistribute the money to the poorer schools!

Facilities could be upgraded, poorer schools could afford more coaches, and the playing field could be evened out! Heck, if worse comes to worse, put a luxury tax on teams that have more than 30 kids tryout for football in order to make it fair!

Contact your BOC rep! Get Taglibue on the phone! We can have this solved by midnight!

At this point I wished the small public schools would leave the TSSAA and start their own association exluding all private schools. Let the TSSAA have the privates.

Can't happen according the the BA v. T$$AA lawsuit. An organization run by state/public entities with state/federal funding is considered to be a "state actor". Any such organization must not only allow anyone that follows the rules in to participate, but they must also have fair and appropriate rules. For example, no more "undue influence" rules.

All BA needs now is for the US Supreme Court to rule or pass on the last filing. :thumb: