Question for 1A fans that want a split

Antwan, you have had more college level athletes play for you than we have...and if your enrollment is closer to ours that makes it even more unbalanced your way...that was my point.

I don't know where I got 190% either...I never can hit numbers when I type lol. Over the last 10 years our enrollment has averaged about 330 and I was guessing that yours was 430ish...so that would be 130%. I was working with your numbers of scholarship people...don't know if they are accuarate or not, was just using what you gave me.

That was Smith County...not Trousdale County. You are confusing two different schools. Go back and read the posts. The numbers of scholarship players I gave you were for SC. I also gave you the ones I know from Trousdale.

If you can't remember where I am from...just look at the signature. :thumb:

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get the last two posts in 1 if I just post and don't reply...

There is nothing wrong with parents from a private or public school starting a kid's team or select team in the off season. I personally know of bunches in the Nooga from both the public and private sector. Indoor soccer teams, select softball, Pop-Warner and YMCA football teams, select baseball, AAU Basketball...all have kids playing in the off season and parents (or coaches) have teams made up primarily of one school's athletes.

It is really intended to let the team play together in the offseason...something that is not likely to happen in a metro area if someone doesn't take the initiative. As far as I know there is no rule that says you can't do this...

But if it occurs during the particular sport's season, then......

And if they have the school's name on their jersey, then.....

And if they play all of their home games at the school, then....

And....

But if it occurs during the particular sport's season, then......

And if they have the school's name on their jersey, then.....

And if they play all of their home games at the school, then....

And....

Bull,

We all know you are picking and picking at a particular bone. We were discussing the "in general" case.

Specifically the TSSAA does not allow ANY athlete to play a sport outside the TSSAA while playing the same TSSAA sport. Thus there wouldn't be an 'in season' case.

Independent teams can have any name on their jersey...they are independent of the TSSAA.

We have multiple community teams that borrow our facilities...and just to head off the question, no, they don't necessarily have anything to do with our kids.

Your CD is scatched and repeating...

Bull,

We all know you are picking and picking at a particular bone. We were discussing the "in general" case.

Specifically the TSSAA does not allow ANY athlete to play a sport outside the TSSAA while playing the same TSSAA sport. Thus there wouldn't be an 'in season' case.

Independent teams can have any name on their jersey...they are independent of the TSSAA.

We have multiple community teams that borrow our facilities...and just to head off the question, no, they don't necessarily have anything to do with our kids.

Your CD is scatched and repeating...

"We'll Go Round in Circ...Circ...Circ....Circ....Circ...Circles...."

It would be very easy for The Bull to be satisfied with this being a "travel team".

However, I think travel teams should not have the private school's old jerseys, print the private school's name on their "program", or utilize their school's name in the local newspaper.

Until then, I see this as a means to entice students to play for the school's team prior to being enrolled at the private school, and therefore, IMO, should be acknowledged as such. Instead of continuing to deny that this method is a form of recruiting students to a private school.

Again, as I will always state, there is not one thing wrong with having the team, but play the students that you have. Develop your talent from within. Once they enroll, then have at it.

"We'll Go Round in Circ...Circ...Circ....Circ....Circ...Circles...."

It would be very easy for The Bull to be satisfied with this being a "travel team".

However, I think travel teams should not have the private school's old jerseys, print the private school's name on their "program", or utilize their school's name in the local newspaper.

Until then, I see this as a means to entice students to play for the school's team prior to being enrolled at the private school, and therefore, IMO, should be acknowledged as such. Instead of continuing to deny that this method is a form of recruiting students to a private school.

Again, as I will always state, there is not one thing wrong with having the team, but play the students that you have. Develop your talent from within. Once they enroll, then have at it.

Again, you are going at a specific case...we are discussing the general. If all that is really going on there is probably a violation...turn them in.

Well I know you would want a split but what about the players? Do they care that much that they want to just split them up for play offs, or would they rather the fans and coaches support them to beat the privates that are in there region? Like I said, I've never known any players to care who is in there region and who they play. They just want to play football and want everyone to support them. Not try and buy them the easy way out by tryin to get rid of teams you (as a fan, coach, or parent) don't think they can compete with. If i still played sports, and my paretsn supported some sort of split, they would never hear the end of it.

I'll just read what yall put from now on. Because i know anything i say will go in some peoples ears and out the other. Don't we have the largest multiplier in the nation or something? Thats all i have to say about that and the complainers...

Edited by reaction

Well I know you would want a split but what about the players? Do they care that much that they want to just split them up for play offs, or would they rather the fans and coaches support them to beat the privates that are in there region? Like I said, I've never known any players to care who is in there region and who they play. They just want to play football and want everyone to support them. Not try and buy them the easy way out by tryin to get rid of teams you (as a fan, coach, or parent) don't think they can compete with. If i still played sports, and my paretsn supported some sort of split, they would never hear the end of it.

I'll just read what yall put from now on. Because i know anything i say will go in some peoples ears and out the other. Don't we have the largest multiplier in the nation or something? Thats all i have to say about that and the complainers...

I was not...am not for the multiplier. I don't think it has accomplished anything.

I don't think there's any doubt my team can compete with privates. We have done pretty well in the past. I don't want the easy way out. If I did...I would not be for a two class public league.

I just think that if we are to have classes...then those classes should be as equal as possible. Does that include a merit system...maybe. Small privates...and small open zone publics in largely populated areas have an advantage over small rural publics. I think the next step is to close open zones. Some have already done that (Milan).