Question for 1A fans that want a split

Good point. I"ve never met a kid that didn't want to play a private school.

Ok let me get this straight. Lets take a kid who has played his entire football career in his small hometown school, from pee-wee to varsity high school ball. He has a chance his senior year to win a state championship but a private school who pulls kids in from 9 different counties or a school that has so much money they pay several thousands of dollars just to park near the field, is in his way. If you think those kids dont know that you are sadly mistaken. These kids arent stupid just because they go to a public school. They are smart, really smart. They know corruption as much as any adult. The kids in public school will run through a brick wall for there coach. They will play whoever thier coach puts in front of them. It is the coach's job to give his kids every fair opportunity at a championship. If that mean a split from privates with no restrictions, then that is the obligation of a public high school coach.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let me get this straight. Lets take a kid who has played his entire football career in his small hometown school, from pee-wee to varsity high school ball. He has a chance his senior year to win a state championship but a private school who pulls kids in from 9 different counties or a school that has so much money they pay several thousands of dollars just to park near the field, is in his way. If you think those kids dont know that you are sadly mistaken. These kids arent stupid just because they go to a public school. They are smart, really smart. They know corruption as much as any adult. The kids in public school will run through a brick wall for there coach. They will play whoever thier coach puts in front of them. It is the coach's job to give his kids every fair opportunity at a championship. If that mean a split from privates with no restrictions, then that is the obligation of a public high school coach.

Then its to coaches job to tell the kids that after they make the change, that he got the privates out because he didn't think they could compete with them. :thumb:

I don't know about your school but mine (Milan) has beaten Brentwood Academy, David Lipscomb, Goodpasture, MUS, ETC. It can be done.

Then its to coaches job to tell the kids that after they make the change, that he got the privates out because he didn't think they could compete with them. :thumb:

Exactly, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that small rural counrty towns cannot compete with privates and their large sums of money and recruiting. Ya they will have their day every now and then but on a consistent basis, privates in 1A rule because of those two major factors.

Well, then why don't you guys go out and make more money?

We can make all the money in the world, but public's have just a limited area in a county that they can pull talent from. Privates pull from 9 different counties. Plus you tell me how a family in a rural town where they work 10-12 hours a day to make ends meet is capable of spending thousands of dollars to buy a parking spot. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

We can make all the money in the world, but public's have just a limited area in a county that they can pull talent from. Privates pull from 9 different counties. Plus you tell me how a family in a rural town where they work 10-12 hours a day to make ends meet is capable of spending thousands of dollars to buy a parking spot. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

You didn't answer my question. You tried changing the subject, and then implied that rich people don't work. That doesn't make any sense. This is America, the more talent you have and the harder you work means the more money you will make. That's how rich people become rich.

If you want to be better, and having more money for the program you say will make it better, then why don't you go out and make more money?

Money? Silver spoon? I think I know where the real root of MPHS`s frustrations lie.

Exactly, I'm not hiding anything. However far MP goes, everybody will know they were born and bred kids from MP, not bought. Dagum straight money frustrates me. Thats the only way good privates schools can compete. They are the George Stienbrener of Tennessee high school football.

Exactly, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that small rural counrty towns cannot compete with privates and their large sums of money and recruiting. Ya they will have their day every now and then but on a consistent basis, privates in 1A rule because of those two major factors.

Milan, Huntingdon, Alcoa, Trousdale County, South Pittsburg, etc.

All of those small towns kill privates regularly and win state too...

I've explained that the small privates don't have a ton of money...you just don't want to hear it because it kills your world view.

Exactly, I'm not hiding anything. However far MP goes, everybody will know they were born and bred kids from MP, not bought. Dagum straight money frustrates me. Thats the only way good privates schools can compete. They are the George Stienbrener of Tennessee high school football.

Wrong...the small privates have less money than Mount Pleasant, no contest. And they don't buy kids...it is illegal and they don't have the money.

It isn't about money...if you want to talk about money and facts let me know, or you could just check out the threads...we have talked about it before. Try again...