Question for 1A fans that want a split

Wrong...the small privates have less money than Mount Pleasant, no contest. And they don't buy kids...it is illegal and they don't have the money.

It isn't about money...if you want to talk about money and facts let me know, or you could just check out the threads...we have talked about it before. Try again...

There isnt a school in region 61A that charges 1000 dollars to park. Its all about money with privates.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isnt a school in region 61A that charges 1000 dollars to park. Its all about money with privates.

Well, why don't you go make more money for your program?

I'm starting to feel like a broken record, but your unwillingness to express any desire to make self improvements to help yourself and your school is very insightful to the roots of your contempt for privates/wealthy people.

Well, why don't you go make more money for your program?

I'm starting to feel like a broken record, but your unwillingness to express any desire to make self improvements to help yourself and your school is very insightful to the roots of your contempt for privates/wealthy people.

Look dude I make plenty of money. Even if we charged $2000 a parking slot we stilll couldnt recruit from 9 different counties. You add both together you can get what players you want and privates do that.

Hey I have nothing against what the privates do if they do it in their own league. They could recruit from Texas and charge $10,000 a parking lot as long as its a private league only.

Look dude I make plenty of money. Even if we charged $2000 a parking slot we stilll couldnt recruit from 9 different counties. You add both together you can get what players you want and privates do that.

Hey I have nothing against what the privates do if they do it in their own league. They could recruit from Texas and charge $10,000 a parking lot as long as its a private league only.

I have heard of 1 school that charges the $1000 for the preferred parking. How does what one private school does translate into all private schools?

Did that team beat your team? I honestly don't know. It would explain a lot, though, if they did.

Yes they did. And again I havent hid the fact I'm upset. I'm just stating my case because I think thats what this posting stuff is all about. I was accused of calling team cheaters, and I didnt. Someone from a private school even said there is some assistance to some athletes done in a legal way. That legal way isnt given to public schools. Thats the unfair part I'm speaking of along with drawing kids from several different counties. Can anyone explain how that is fair please. I have listen some people from privates and understood where they come from because the didnt call names and try to demorolize me like someone from JCS did in another topic. My one post toward "cheating" was a qoute from some else and I just referred what my teachings are against it.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

Yes they did. And again I havent hid the fact I'm upset. I'm just stating my case because I think thats what this posting stuff is all about. I was accused of calling team cheaters, and I didnt. Someone from a private school even said there is some assistance to some athletes done in a legal way. That legal way isnt given to public schools. Thats the unfair part I'm speaking of along with drawing kids from several different counties. Can anyone explain how that is fair please. I have listen some people from privates and understood where they come from because the didnt call names and try to demorolize me like someone from JCS did in another topic.

Private schools may give scholarships to anyone they choose, but for the privates that play in division 1, those students are ineligible to play any sports for that school. Not so in division 2, so you can't really compare the two. If a player does so (play in D1 and receive financial aid) all of the games that he played in are now forfeits. I can assure you that if that were the case, the TSSAA would not turn a blind eye, regardless of how it might seem.

Getting students from 9 counties occurs across all private and public boundries (they are called open zoned schools in publics... Oak Ridge, Maryville, Alcoa to name a few) In those cases, you actually have to pay an "out of zone fee" to attend those schools. It seems a whole lot like "tuition" to me. When we (CAK) lost to Alcoa in the playoffs, it was a tough loss. They have advantages over us and they are a public school. Their facilites are better than ours, and they also have some major Division 1 college athletes.

I guess what my biggest problem about this whole debate is that I coach at a private school, and I am very regimented about following the rules, because I feel that Christian schools are looked at in a different light than the other schools because we are supposed to follow those rules because of what we "preach". When you accuse all Christian schools of cheating or being unethical, I take it personally. I just wish that if you had a beef with one school, that you would address it with that school and not all (kind of like you wanted another poster to address you and not talk about you to another person)

I hope that might clarify some things, without the name bashing or "mud flinging".

Why couldn't you? It would certainly be a lot easier for a public school to than a private school -- no tuition.

almost every post you have made accused us of recruiting which we don't...recruiting is cheating...so yes you uhave said it often...and by the way we don't have players from 9 counties on our team...we have 2 counties represented...but again the truth never has affected your posts...and the reason JCS won the state instead of MP was we could throw the ball..if you could you too would have won...you had a much better run attck than we did

Edited by JaxMan

Private schools may give scholarships to anyone they choose, but for the privates that play in division 1, those students are ineligible to play any sports for that school. Not so in division 2, so you can't really compare the two. If a player does so (play in D1 and receive financial aid) all of the games that he played in are now forfeits. I can assure you that if that were the case, the TSSAA would not turn a blind eye, regardless of how it might seem.

Getting students from 9 counties occurs across all private and public boundries (they are called open zoned schools in publics... Oak Ridge, Maryville, Alcoa to name a few) In those cases, you actually have to pay an "out of zone fee" to attend those schools. It seems a whole lot like "tuition" to me. When we (CAK) lost to Alcoa in the playoffs, it was a tough loss. They have advantages over us and they are a public school. Their facilites are better than ours, and they also have some major Division 1 college athletes.

I guess what my biggest problem about this whole debate is that I coach at a private school, and I am very regimented about following the rules, because I feel that Christian schools are looked at in a different light than the other schools because we are supposed to follow those rules because of what we "preach". When you accuse all Christian schools of cheating or being unethical, I take it personally. I just wish that if you had a beef with one school, that you would address it with that school and not all (kind of like you wanted another poster to address you and not talk about you to another person)

I hope that might clarify some things, without the name bashing or "mud flinging".

MPHS, you still haven't responded to my above post, and you continue to slander the private schools on other threads. You respond with vehemence to people who are not as "kind" as you had asked for, but when I say my peace without slinging any mud, it gets ignored. This says a lot in and of itself.

There are very few open zone schools where it matters. The most obvious is Alcoa. The larger the school...the less it matters. Most open zone schools have students from one county. Some of those counties are densely populated. That's when it's possible to gain an advantage. Most rural open zone schools are limited by population. Kids are not going to drive long distances to school. There just aren't very many small public schools in densely populated counties.