Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

I know Kaelin wouldn't have cost them a thing b/c he was a straight A student anyway. You are right, MTSU should do more to recruit county-wise. That is why I am not an MTSU fan ....b/c they don't seem to take advantage of the finest Rutherford County has to offer.....well except in baseball.

i will defend MTSU a little bit a lot of our local talent that has gone there hasnt really done well i think the last one to do well there was Counts i am not sure about the lineman from oakland (the one who verbally committed to michigan)how he did but most of the local guys for one reason or another doesnt do to well there so far hopefully that rend will change also if you talk to the kids who could play there a lot of them want to go off a litle bit to play

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Kaelin wouldn't have cost them a thing b/c he was a straight A student anyway. You are right, MTSU should do more to recruit county-wise. That is why I am not an MTSU fan ....b/c they don't seem to take advantage of the finest Rutherford County has to offer.....well except in baseball.

To be fair to Middle, Rutherford County doesnt produce a ton of division 1 talent outside of baseball. Yeah these guys are good at the high school level, but college is a completely different monster. Id be suprised to a point of blissard even played lb at MT. If the talent was here, you would see alot more go to Middle

coming out of high school they might not be top rated players, but how many top rated players doe MTSU expect to sign? These players don't take up scholarships and I'm not saying every player should get a shot. Like i said earlier how many Blue Chip/Five Star players did Boise State have this year.... I bet none. Middle has to take chances and I think there are some local kids that could bring a different attitude to that program. This area has solid, not great, but solid talent with character.

Oakland had the Region defensive player of the yr sign with Cumberland, as well as one of our top tacklers. I agree 100% with you unc.....MTSU needs to recruit locally. I also agree that in the past, some of the local guys had a hard time cutting it at MTSU. However, I think Stockstill has a lil better control of his players than Mc Collum ever did.

Well all I got to say is if there are NO D1 prospects here in Rutherford County then why did MTSU let one from Smyrna get away to Notre Dame a couple of years ago. Then Gaston Miller to Vanderbilt last year and Goree to Colorado this year? B)

As many High School games as I go to here every year I have only seen scouts from MTSU at TWO games during the past 6 years. There should be one at just about every game here in Rutherford county at least once a year. Same goes for Williamson County as they play pretty good ball too.

If nothing else by recruiting in the mid state area they would build their fan base instead of having so many EMPTY seats at their home games.