Big 9 Confrence

32-34combo

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was Baker tonight??? I'm sure that had something to do with the outcome.

He's out with a broken finger for 4-6 weeks. I think its a similar injury to the one Terrell Owens has,because if he plays and stubs it at all he would have to have season ending surgery. So Central is in desperate need of someone to step up while he is gone.

Ugly is putting it mildly. We are just plain stinking it up. We play with no emotion desire or heart. I'm not going to use Baker being out as an excuse. If memory serves me East beat us by 31 with Baker. No, our problems go much deeper than that. We've got people who can't hit lay up's and the whole team can't hit a free throw. We went 7-16 last night, that's 44% ... horrible. You can sugercoat it all you want, but unless we get some unity and desire back into this team, the rest of the year is going to be much of the same. And I for one will start enjoying tv reruns on Tuesday and Friday nights. I don't need this. <_<

Edited by 1cougarfan

I don't think you really have to stop Layton,I don't think hes a true scorer,as much as he is a role player forced into a scorer's role. I think to beat TN High you have to score 50 or more points.

I guess we'll see tonight :thumb:

You were right last night. Layton got in foul trouble early and didnt play much, so I was wrong, but thats only the 2nd time Ive watched him. He played well against science hill. Sorry but we didnt put up much of a fight last night. We cant make layups, we cant make free throws, and heck if hess is going to play like that then sit him on the bench. He had so many chances to pass the ball, but instead he did his little spin and throw the ball up shot. Heck he even show it backward twice.

You were right last night. Layton got in foul trouble early and didnt play much, so I was wrong, but thats only the 2nd time Ive watched him. He played well against science hill. Sorry but we didnt put up much of a fight last night. We cant make layups, we cant make free throws, and heck if hess is going to play like that then sit him on the bench. He had so many chances to pass the ball, but instead he did his little spin and throw the ball up shot. Heck he even show it backward twice.

You know you get on here running your stupid mouth about Hess when he has a bad game but never do you say anything when he plays a great game, the whole team played bad last night but you have to single him out.. You are a piece of crap and are stupid when it comes to basketball... If you are an adult and have something to say to me about this post i am at every game and just ask around at central who bballfan99 is i am not hard to find

You know you get on here running your stupid mouth about Hess when he has a bad game but never do you say anything when he plays a great game, the whole team played bad last night but you have to single him out.. You are a piece of crap and are stupid when it comes to basketball... If you are an adult and have something to say to me about this post i am at every game and just ask around at central who bballfan99 is i am not hard to find

Why don't you just tell the guy your real name, then you'd be even easier to find.

The K-Mart parking lot is a good place to fight. :thumb:

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Best effort by Viking Basketball in recent memory. Central is a good team and the Hess kid is a solid prospect. I now rank the Vikings as the clear # 2 to SHHS.

What in the world is the problem at D-B and with Morgan? How do you lose to a 3 - 8 South team which is a shadow of what they were a year ago? Is the absence of Sensibaugh that big of a problem?

Sorry to inform you, there are no good teams in the Big 9 this year. No not even Science Hill. The rest are so bad it just makes the Hilltoppes look good. This is the worst year I can ever remember for the Big 9.

I think Morgan has a plan. He's going to lose as many games as possible in regular season, then when the tourny starts he's gonna' start winning. That Morgan is real smart guy. He's the best coach in the Big 9 you know. I think he saw what always happens to Graham Clark in football (wins all reg. season games and loses in the playoffs) and he's gonna' reverse it ( lose all reg. season games and win in the playoffs) ;) Morgan is real sneeky :thumb:

Hess thrives in more of a fast pace transitional game. When you slow the pace down as the Vikings did, his size becomes a factor and he’s not able to get the looks he normally does in a quicker pace game. But make no mistake…he can play!! Not having Baker sure made it an easier task but to be honest…the only way to beat a good zone is by shooting the ball well :lol: . The Cougars were exposed in this game and other teams should take heed!!! :lol:

I definitely agree with the over rated part. The DB team last year were in my opinion Overachievers…a team that was feeding off of the emotion of people (their own fans) saying they were “the least talented DB team to step on the court in a long while”…(yea I still remember the post from last year). Sylvester was 50% from the arch and the three 3's he made came late in the game and gave his team the lead for the last time. Some would argue that that is pretty good, but you are entitled to disagree. And a playmaker will only be able to do what he does best if he is given the “green light”. In other words he should be told by the coach to look for his shot everytime he touches the ball...and if he should make a couple bad plays from maybe forcing the issue or trying to be creative…he won’t get pulled out and yelled at. He also needs to know that the other players on the court believe in him and all animosity of him being labeled “the star” will be set aside. Like East and Volunteer this year.

I also don’t think that Morgan is doing things to intentionally put his team at a disadvantage. I have to say that he does do too much politicking for my taste. Putting the handicapped kid in at point guard was truly a good gesture, but was it the best move for the team at that point in the game? Morgan is a good coach but just like with any coach the players and the parents for that matter have to buy into your system for it to truly be effective. I don’t have a dog in this race but I do know that this is not a problem that happened overnight. I have heard the same criticism of Morgan for at least a couple of years from athletes and parents at DB. I’m just saying ….Is he still an effective coach for DB???

you're an idiot, I've played against blake leeper all my life. In Baseball and Basketball and he is anything but handicapped. It's hard enough for someone with disadvantages like that to even get into a position to be put on a team, But blake plays and plays well.

Volunteer[/url]Falcon12' post='826310987' date='Dec 21 2006 - 12:56 PM']

you're an idiot, I've played against blake leeper all my life. In Baseball and Basketball and he is anything but handicapped. It's hard enough for someone with disadvantages like that to even get into a position to be put on a team, But blake plays and plays well.

Whatever...clown!!! You're a few DAYS late on your responce. If you look (about 3 pages back) you will see my explination to the post. Are you a slow reader or did you just get internet service? :lol: